when did you feel connected

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beachbabies

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
With dd I was excited about having her but it wasn't really till towards the end of the pregnancy that I felt connected with her.

When she was born there were no magic Disney swirls or rainbows and butterflies I didn't cry happy tears, I was just relieved and quietly happy.

It took a couple days of snuggling and breast feeding before it all hit me and I cried my happy tears lol.

This time around I am really excited but maybe its cause we havn't announced it yet it just doesn't feel real. Am I crazy or is anyone else experiencing this?

I feel like I should preface this with I LOVE being a mommy and can't wait to meet the peanut and I am not depressed at all,

Its just all surreal lol I don't feel like I'm grown up yet much Less an almost 30 year old wife and mother of two!!!

December 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Veteran
With my pregnancies, the first trimester is always a swirl of getting used to the idea of having a (another) baby, so I'm right there with you. I feel like I emotionally break it down into trimesters too:
1st: Whoa, I'm having a baby!
2nd: This is my baby (feeling movement does a lot for me)
3rd: I have so much to do before this baby comes!

All that to say, I hear you. With my second I really struggled through wrapping my mind around loving another child as much as I loved my first. Shoot, I had a hard time even picturing it being a different person than my first son.

Since their births, I've had two losses this year on top of several other life changes so I know I'm keeping a big distance from this pregnancy right now and probably won't let my self begin to connect for a while.
December 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh that is a great way to put it!
I think subconsciously I am protecting myself emotionally. I wish that all of us could have maintained our "pregnancy innocence" but regardless of how far Along you were a Loss is a loss and will always change you.

December 13th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
with my daughter I was attached in the first trimester because I was so scared of losing her . When she was born it was instant connection . My favorite quote is this "before you were formed in the womb, I knew you". This is how I felt when she was in my arms.
December 13th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I could have written your original post I feel the same way.
cypressmama likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
I felt the same way as you did with my first. When she was born, I also did not cry. I was extremely happy that she was finally born but I really didnt get emotional until the dust settled and I took her home with me. Once I had some time with her and getting our routine established, then I felt attached like ok she really is my baby and I really do love her!

As for this second baby, im not sure how to feel right now. Im not so sure how I will be able to spread mommy love around to two kids when Ive been giving my mommy love to my daughter for 3 years. I guess it's not as hard as I think it will be, maybe im just stressing myself out LOL

December 14th, 2012, 02:27 AM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
When I saw the two lines...
December 14th, 2012, 05:36 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
This is terrible and I no longer feel this way, but when I first found out I was pregnant, the feelings I felt were anguish and despair never did I feel any anger or hatred towards my little rugrat, but I couldnt help but think how unprepared we are. We aren't financially stable, our insurance isnt very good, and we dont have extra money. That's all I thought about. It also didnt help that I didnt believe I was actually pregnant lol those tests can be tricky!

After a few days, without even realizing it, I became protective of my little one and I no longer had those feelings of impending doom. Now I cant stop worrying about my baby and I love it so very very much. I still dont feel "connected" though, I dont think that will happen until my u/s and I see that everything is okay.
December 14th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always felt instantly connected as soon as I knew I was pregnant. And seeing their tiny faces for the first time just makes it stronger. I don't ever want to put them down or let anyone hold them lol I do of course but I would rather them be with me where they belong.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 14th, 2012, 10:12 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I had no idea what to expect or just HOW much I would love her once she was here so while I was excited during the pregnancy, I don't think I was totally CONNECTED, it's hard to explain.

With the second, and with this one, the second I saw the 2 lines I was already in love, I think because I now know that is MY CHILD!!!! Like I said, sort of hard to explain lol!

December 14th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me, I was also a little concerned about how I going to spread my love to 2 children but I found it just came very naturally.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 14th, 2012, 10:12 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My experience with connecting has varied widely. Some pregnancies I felt connected as soon as I saw two lines and continued feeling that way the whole way through. Other pregnancies I didn't feel connected until two days before delivery. And a couple of times I've not felt connected until well after the birth (weeks and, in the case of my twins, months ).

This time I feel numb. It's too early and I can't let myself feel anything other than numbness just yet. Hopefully once I see/hear a heartbeat and movement I will feel connected.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search