When will you tell. ..

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
everyone you're expecting?

Have you already? or will you wait a while?

December 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I've only told my mom and I will tell a couple best friends but that's it until I hit 12 weeks. And that feels like forever away since I'm not even 4 weeks yet...

I had 2 mc's this year so I'm quite cautious

December 13th, 2012, 03:23 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only told online friends. My close family will know around 8-12 weeks and the rest of my family friends will now soon after that.

December 13th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Super Mommy
Same here. I'm going to tell my mom, but I'm waiting until my first ultrasound (8 weeks) before telling anyone else. I had a blighted ovum 6 months ago that we didn't find out about until my first ultrasound at 11 weeks. My in-laws had spread the news far and wide by that point, so we are waiting a bit this time before we tell anyone.
December 13th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Veteran
Like others, my two losses in the last six months has made me more cautious. My sister knows, but otherwise we won't tell anyone until after our first ultrasound in three weeks (around 9 weeks) and may not tell for a while after that. My dad is ill so I want to spare my family more heartache if I can.
December 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will wait until the 2nd trimester which isn't until the end of February. Maybe even March..

December 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've already told everyone.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 13th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're blabbers ;-) but I'm going to try to wait until 8 weeks (or whenever we see/hear the heartbeat). I just get so dang excited that it's hard to hold it in! My last pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 13 weeks. I was glad everyone already knew cause they were all so wonderfully supportive.

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
December 13th, 2012, 08:53 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Friends - Starting to tell but only those who know my history and will be praying for us.

Family - 31+ weeks

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 13th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
We've told a few people who won't be able to tell those who don't know yet (like my family)

planning to tell family on Christmas and then everyone else on New Years

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 2 best friends know and we are telling DHs parents on Christmas with a picture of 3 pairs of Christmas PJs. My mom we will tell on her birthday because we will be visiting then!

December 14th, 2012, 01:25 AM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
I'm not a teller...I usually just let folks find out/guess on their own.
December 14th, 2012, 04:53 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Already told our closest friends, I told my mom, and we're telling hubbys parents on Christmas. As for Facebook and everybody else, I would like to wait until after our first ultrasound, but I have a feeling everybody will know once we tell his parents Not to mention my mom is already spreading the news even though I SPECIFICALLY asked her to not tell anybody at least until DH's parents knew. I plan on waiting a few years to tell my dad, but I have a feeling my mom will tell him right after his birthday lol
December 14th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
3 close friends know already

Family/kids after first US Dec 27th

FB/Friends after 20+ weeks

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 14th, 2012, 10:31 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My parents and sisters know, along with a few very close friends...

We are blabbers so I am really tempted to tell everyone else (ie post it on FB) after my u/s next week if everything looks good and we get to see a heartbeat.

BUT then part of me is still scared because it is still so early, etc, etc... and then since my family reactions were not great I don't know if I want to deal with FB reaction which I'm sure at least some of them will be similar to my family's...

but I bet I end up telling everyone either next week or the week after

December 15th, 2012, 06:08 AM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I did have plans to tell my parents on Christmas, but not anymore with the news we just got. I will be 8 weeks on Christmas day and even if things are looking up at my ultrasound on Christmas eve, I don't think I'm going to spread the news until after my NEXT ultrasound... not even sure when that typically is. I see my OB on January 14th so I will know more then.

December 15th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Veteran
I have told 2 of my closest friends, but don't really want to "go public" until after ultrasound shows heartbeat. My family might get suspicious when i don't drink at the holidays so I guess i wouldn't deny it. Plus they all know about my loss in October, so I'm ok with them knowing too. I guess I'm still afraid of "jinxing" it by announcing it.
December 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
sandmama's Avatar Veteran
This was was tough for us. Didn't want to say anything untl 8-12 weeks, but many knew we were trying. My mother and our DD (11) stare at my tummy often. Neither were excited about a new baby. I figured it was best to get it out in the open and get it over with.

A few family know... a few friends. I am sure more slowly hear it through the grapevine or will figure it out in a bit. I bloat and pouch out early, won't take long for people to know something is off.
December 15th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've told a few people other than online ones. My mom, dad, brother, and sister, and also my grandfather (he's been having a tough time since my grandmother's death and I felt he needed some hope and good news) and a couple of people at work who had to know (and said they already suspected, though I don't know why! lol).

I plan on telling any family I see a Christmas, because I'll be about 7 weeks then (still early, but I can't pass up on a Christmas reveal) and then I'll let EVERYONE know around 10-11 weeks as long as everything is still good.

December 15th, 2012, 06:28 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I've decided not to tell anyone but a very, very small select few. I might tell after we know the gender but since I know no one will feel slighted not being told, I might just see how long I can go before people realize I am. Just for fun. My mom thinks three is too many kids for one person and I'm expecting my fourth lol so there's also that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search