Omg. Ultrasound. --Update

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Had an ultrasound this morning and saw the baby. They were checking for gallstones but did a pelvic ultrasound too so I could see the baby.

AND there's something else in my uterus!! She said "I'm not a doctor and can't make that diagnosis" wouldn't tell anything about what she thought, just did a lot of measuring on it. DH snapped pics of the screen. It looks like another baby except its smaller and not a circle.

What do you guys think? I will put a picture on in a second.

Last edited by kjm; December 14th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
December 14th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
omg lurking.
I hope everything is good. And I wonder if maybe you have twins in there?
I want to see the picture. Will the doctor call and tell you what it means?

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
December 14th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy

If it is twins I don't think one is going to make it because she told me where my one baby one and yay on that because I did see the baby this time and even a small heartbeat!! But the other one she wouldn't talk about. Just measured. Posted the pics sorry if they're sideways. Photo bucket from phone

Or what if it is twins and just still early. I am 5w5d maybe one is just a little slower growing? Idk. I don't even know what twin ultrasounds look like generally. Going to Google.... Don't know what else it could be though... ?

December 14th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Omg I am on pin and needles. I want to know! Would you be totally excited for twins or totally terrified?

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
December 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's crazy! Kup!

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 14th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 View Post
Omg I am on pin and needles. I want to know! Would you be totally excited for twins or totally terrified?
Definitely terrified! DS is only 9 months! Lol. Twins run in families right? Not ours. Since my aunt is my dr I texted her these pics. Maybe she will tell me what she thinks

December 14th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Another thing I am thinking is what if it is a cyst? What would they do or what would happen if there is a cyst in my uterus?

December 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maybe it's twins. Or it could be a subchorionic hemorrhage (since it's not the same shape). I hope if it's twins you don't lose one I went at 5 weeks 4 days and there were 2 sacs and 1 baby and at 5 weeks 6 days the second sac was much smaller and I was told only 1 baby would make it.
December 14th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, that's crazy! Hope you're able to get an answer soon! Did you call the Ob's office and let them know something else was seen by a different doctor? (It wasn't your Ob's office that did it, right?)

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 14th, 2012, 10:01 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's crazy!!!! How exciting! Are they going to have you come back soon and recheck?

I *think* at 5w 5d it's still a little early so maybe if it IS a twin it is just growing a day or two behind the other one!!

December 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes it was a different doctor. I didn't talk to my OB about it but I have an ultrasound with them next Friday

December 14th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
You have patience . . . I'd be blubbering on the phone to the OB begging for them to take a look. I hope it is either a healthy twin or at least nothing harmful. Good luck!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 14th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I talked to my dr and she said it is bleeding and is normal from implantation. She worried me about the heartbeat though. She said the heartbeat is low and I could miscarry. I think it was not right to worry me because Monday they couldn't even see the baby yet, and now they saw the baby and a heartbeat. That seems like good growth. Now I'm only 5w5d and she could barely get the HB on the screen so who knows how correct it was. It was 96 she said.

December 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASHWORTH View Post
Well I talked to my dr and she said it is bleeding and is normal from implantation. She worried me about the heartbeat though. She said the heartbeat is low and I could miscarry. I think it was not right to worry me because Monday they couldn't even see the baby yet, and now they saw the baby and a heartbeat. That seems like good growth. Now I'm only 5w5d and she could barely get the HB on the screen so who knows how correct it was. It was 96 she said.
I agree it's still early so she shouldn't have worried you about the hb. What did they say about the possible other baby?

Love your new siggy btw!

{ chemical 10/26/12}

Last edited by Dandelion; December 14th, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
December 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That black spot is the pocket of bleeding.

December 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That seems like good growth to me too. Ill be praying for your little one to stick. I bet it's just too early to see a strong heartbeat. HUGS

Like I said in the other post, I had an u/s yesterday and my ob warned me we might not see a heartbeat but not to get upset, it's still early, and I was 6wks2days. We saw a heartbeat but he didn't even bother to measure it, he just said, wow, great, we saw it!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 14th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
That black spot is the pocket of bleeding.
Oh ok, I hope everything turns out good.
kjm likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
December 14th, 2012, 11:41 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

I thought that might be the case, given the shape. But the heart just start beating--I don't think it's too low for being so early. I am upset she would panic you so early on over this
December 14th, 2012, 03:58 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you got a peek at the baby and glad that you figured out what the other thing was. I also wouldn't worry about the heartbeat just yet, mine was super low with #4 when we had an ultrasound with him at 6.3 weeks and he's fine :heart I had a SCH with him and had ultrasounds every week after that for awhile and it got stronger every week.

December 14th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I'm glad the baby is doing well but sorry that you have some bleeding. Hopefully its nothing to worry about. The heartrate i dont think is low for how far along you are. Marla posted about hers and her baby;s heartrate was the same. Just stay positive and hopefully everything turns out perfect at your next ultrasound What did they say about your gallbladder?
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013
Miscarriage at 8 weeks 1 day November 27 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search