what is the age spacing of your kids and would you wish for twins?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2012, 10:42 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
My son and daughter are 19 months apart and baby #3 will be almost 4 years apart from my son and 5.5 years apart from my daughter! So I have had the experience of having kids close in age and then be able to experience further apart in age, he he!

I personally would love to have twins because I have secretly always wanted 4 kids! That way everyone would have a buddy! I do have identical twin cousins, but I have heard that it doesn't run in families and doctors still don't know why the egg splits. My dad is one of 10 children and there were no twins either.

Did anyone do IVF or IUI to conceive your baby? Our friends did IVF and put in 3 embryos and they have healthy twin girls!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
December 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love twins, but they don't run in my family at all. I've never heard of anyone in our family having twins, and since we conceived naturally, I don't think we really have any added chance to.

As far as age spacing goes, this will be our first, but I would like to have at least our second when our first is about a year and a half or two years old, so they can be close enough in age to be friends and keep each other company. My brother and I are almost exactly 2 years apart, and then our younger sister is 9 years younger than me. Though she's pretty cool too. She's 14 now and is really mature and smart for her age, and has always been. I think it's because she grew up with siblings so much older than she was, so I don't think age spacing will matter too much in the end, there are benefits to both closer and further apart siblings.

December 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would NOT wish for twins. LOL!!!!

I have a 6 year old and an almost 3 year old, they are 3 years and 3 months apart, which is a spacing we liked, I definitely do not think I could handle any closer in age than that! This baby will be 3 years 6 months younger than our youngest, I'm happy it is a similar spacing

December 15th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Super Mommy
We have one boy, 3y2m. He will be almost 4 when we have this little one. We wanted them much closer, but have discovered a lot of decisions are out of our control. I would LOVE twins. I ovulated 2 eggs this month (I'm on clomid, so I have follicle monitoring), so twins are a possibility!
December 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes I think, twins would be fun! Then my son starts acting like a tiny terror and Im like, Oh nooooooooo!Hahaha.

I would be happy with twins though our only shot would be identical twins since we have already seen a healthy sac

DS will be 25 months old when the new baby is born. I wanted to have another baby like asap after DS was born butI am glad we waited.
Bookreader likes this.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 15th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Veteran
Our boys are 20 months apart - 2.5 and 4. So they will be three and almost 4 when this baby is born. Though more spacing hasn't been our choice, I'm hoping we will see some upsides. I've always wanted kids close enough to be good friends.
December 15th, 2012, 11:48 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always LOVED the thought of twins. SO would love them.

#1 will be 9.5 years older than the new baby
#2 will be 8 years older than the new baby
#3 will be 4.5 years older than the new baby
#4 will be about 23 months older than the new baby

#1 & #2 are 15 months apart

#1 is 5 years older than #3 and 7.5 years older than #4
#2 is 3.5 years older than #3 and 6.5 years older than #4
#3 is 3.5 years older than #4

Last edited by BeachMum; December 15th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
December 15th, 2012, 11:50 AM
KnitterLaurel's Avatar Super Mommy
My two girls are about 2.5 years apart and then new baby will be born with my youngest is about 2.5 months shy of her third birthday. So about the same.

I do wish for twins. I think twins would be a lot of fun, and they do run in DH's family so I guess there is a shot. lol

December 15th, 2012, 12:05 PM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
13 yrs b/t ODS and YDS

exactly 6 yrs b/t YDS and baby

I don't wish for twins, but I think if it were gonna happen to anyone in my fam, it would be me!

Last edited by BOYSxTWO; December 15th, 2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Answering question
December 15th, 2012, 12:46 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't wish for twins before I got pregnant, because of the advanced complications that come with twins, but now that I know conceived two, I keep hoping for twins (which will only be the case if my last u/s was wrong and i didn't, after all, lose one of my twins).
December 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a huge range of age spacing. #1 and #2 were 13.5 mo apart as were #9 and the twins, however #4 and #5 were almost 3 years apart. I much prefer closer together...for some reason longer spacing is much more difficult for me. This little one and the twins will be just shy of 2 years apart.

As for having twins...despite how difficult it was initially, I would love to have twins again. I know what to expect now and feel like I need a do-over - a chance to do things better or right. On the other hand, not having the extra worry and anxiety that comes with a twin pregnancy will be very nice.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 15th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I definitely wouldn't wish for twins... I'd take it and consider it a blessing, but at this point in time twins would definitely make things a bit harder.

Our kids are spaced out differently--- the oldest, my step daughter Madison, is 8 and my step son, Aaron, is 7 (they are 18 months apart). Then my son Chase is 3 and a half, making him 3.5 years younger than Aaron and 4.5 younger than Madison.
This baby will be 4 years younger than Chase, 8 younger than Aaron, and 9 younger than Madison.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Not hoping for twins at this point.

My oldest is going to be 18 in 2 1/2 weeks.
They are anywhere between 15 months and 3 years apart all the way down.
The baby will be about 17ish months when this one comes along.
#12 is on the way
December 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a big spacing between mine. My ds was almost 8 when I had my dd. I wanted my next one closer but I ended up losing that baby (would have been 2 1/2 yrs apart). Now this one will 4 years younger.

As for twins...I don't wish for them but I'd take them!

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
December 15th, 2012, 02:18 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My two will be almost a year and a half apart and no I do not want twins haha

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Mine are all 1 year apart. I go crazy, often. But I love it.

I wouldn't wish for twins because I just wrapped my babes in a wrap or sling the first 6 months of life, that would be SO much harder with twins. I think my IP's will be PERFECT twin parents, they have SO much love, HUGE family that cannot WAIT to smother these babies with love.. I think they are going to do amazing. Me.. I would crack. I'm glad I'm done having my own babies!
RinkMom likes this.

December 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first and second are 11 months 10 days apart. My second and third are 19 months 19 days apart. Yes, I had 3 under 3! Part of me hopes this is twins since its our last and my youngest will be 5 in August so if it were twins they'd have a playmate. But since I have a feeling it is twins, its kind of scary.

December 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
My first three are exactly 13 months apart...birthdays are 01/01 02/02 and 03/03. my fourth came along 2 years later. number 1 and number 4 are 4 years apart....then number 5, and she is 5 years younger than number 4. number 5 and 6 are 16 months apart/
At the time of this delivery their ages will be
12, 11, 10, 8, 3, 2 and newborn! whew....twins.....um....ask me after I find out if its one or not lol

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
December 15th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Pretty close to 2 years apart between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3, but this time there will be almost 4 years between them. I do NOT want twins! My sister has twins and I know how rough it was for her. I'm not planning on that kind of crazy

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 15th, 2012, 05:05 PM
sandmama's Avatar Veteran
DS #1 turns 17 next month, DD turns 12 in February, Little Man will be 3 in April.

I spread mine waaaaay out. I really like it that way. I would like a few more years between Little Man and New Baby, but didn't want to wait too long because I am getting older.

I see the benefit to having children close together, but I just don't have the patience for so many LO's at once.

Would love to have twins since this is this will be our last pregnancy. I will take whatever Heavenly Father gives me!
BOYSxTWO likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search