Who will be there during delivery?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whether you have a home birth, center birth, or hospital birth... Who will be in the room while you are giving birth? If this isn't your first baby, who was with you the last time(s)?

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM
KnitterLaurel's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be having a home birth, so it will be DH, the midwife and our daughters if they want to. Last time it was DH, midwife and her assistant. My oldest daughter slept through the whole thing.

December 16th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
With my first: My mom, DH, midwife, and a ton of nurses

second: mom, DH, midwife (though she nearly missed the birth), her assistant, and my older DD

third: mom, both sisters, both older children, DH, midwife, her assistant (missed the birth, got there for the placenta delivery)

This time: Unsure... For sure DH, midwife, doula, and my other kids. But I'm not sure beyond that. I'm really leaning towards not having my family there and instead inviting some friends who are super supportive, but I'm sure my mom would not be happy about that...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had all hospital births.

The first I had my mom and dd's dad in there along with nurses and Dr.

Second time was Dh and my mother in law.

This time I think I want my mom back in the room with Dh & I. I feel more secure with my own mom there.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 16th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im thinking I will only have DH and the doctors/nurses there.

December 16th, 2012, 08:52 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With our first, it was an induction becasue she had stopped growing at 35 weeks and we were unsure how she was going to do, it was pretty scary. So we just had Dh and myself and a huge team of doctors and nurses.

With our second, (also an induction but she was doing great) I *planned* on having an epi and letting my sisters come watch, but as it unfolded I wasn't able to get one, had to go natural, screamed through the whole thing and they didn't make it in time anyway...which I was actually happy about haha. So just DH and I again.

I'm thinking it will just be us again, unless I do end up getting a nice working epi and things are going perfect and I decide last minute to let my sisters in. We'll see!

December 16th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
My husband and the midwife.
December 16th, 2012, 09:21 AM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
Me & dad. Period.

DS1 was me, dad & my mom

DS2 was me & dad
December 16th, 2012, 09:25 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DS it was DH and me. This time will be the same

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 16th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
I think just DH this time...
last time it was my ex-husband, my mom, and a friend.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Mommy of 3
Just my hubby and the doc and nurse. Same as the other 2 times

December 16th, 2012, 10:58 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Over the years and with all the different births I have had my mom most consistently. Once I had a friend there and my mom. An aunt was there once. Dh has been there for the last three. My oldest son was with us last time.

This time I suppose it will be dh and I, or maybe just I. I like to be left alone.

With all there has been either ob's (early years) and midwives for the last six.
#12 is on the way
December 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I'll want to kill anyone that comes near me - so probably just DH and perhaps my mom... I don't really want anyone all up in my business when I'm in that compromising position but I do think I can find comfort in my mother... and of course DH.

I'm scared

December 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sigh...I don't know. Up until the twins I had a party of people - two daughters, friends from church, friend's husband, my husband...it was such fun. Now I either will c/s or have to do an underground VBAC (meaning I literally wait in my car until transition hits then race inside and push so there is no time for a c/s). If the latter is what happens, I can't have my daughters there because me and no drugs is NOT what I want them to witness. I'm so bummed because everyone missed the twins' birth...I really need my friends with me this time.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
DD: my mom, my sister and my husband. I was induced at the hospital since dd was past her due date

This time: im planning on my mom and sister again if they are flying up from FL, DH and possibly my DD who will 3 1/2 but im still debating if she should be there or not.

December 16th, 2012, 02:55 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just DH and maybe a photographer. With both boys we had visitors up until delivery and then they were all kicked out and it was just DH!

December 16th, 2012, 03:02 PM
sandmama's Avatar Veteran
Baby #1 My now ex-husband and my best friend. That husband did not get along with my parents well and he waited so late to call them, they arrived 10 minutes after the birth.

Baby #2 My husband, my parents popped in and out and my IL's popped in and out, my BIL and his girlfriend popped in and out and my best friend was there. It was like a circus!

Baby #3 My husband only - although baby was 4 weeks early so a few NICU nurses, a dr for the baby and the anesthesiologist were standing in the room along with the OB.

New Baby #4 - Tough One. DH works out of town up to 8 hours away now. My parents are 2.5-3 hours away. I will call everyone as soon as I know. I have it set up for a friend of mine who is like a mother to me to take me and another best friend to be with me until family arrives. I have fairly quick deliveries - Under 4 hours, so who knows!

Last edited by sandmama; December 16th, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
December 16th, 2012, 03:21 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I think I'll want to kill anyone that comes near me - so probably just DH and perhaps my mom...
LOL...we quickly discovered that my dh is my worst enemy (my mom comes in a close second) during natural childbirth. Dh is now the camera guy and keeps a safe distance (even if I get an epi) while my friends and friend's husband are my labor coaches. My dh likes his position now...he is physically and mentally/emotionally safe.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 16th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
This time i would love my kids DF and mom in the room since it will be my last

With my 3rd it was just DF (c-section)

With my 2nd it was her dad

With my first it was my mom

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 16th, 2012, 03:52 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1st- my mom because my no ex, was too scared to go into the OR, what an a******!
2nd- my mom because even though I told my now ex (same guy as the first) that I knew something was going on, he went to work!
3rd-my SO he was terrified and the whole pregnancy said he wouldn't of to the hospital, lol. I let him no I'd never forgive him if he didn't go with me, and I knew he'd regret not seeing his son being born. He went with, even being terrified! Not sure why they were terrified when I was the one having major surgery!
Hopefully SO will be in with me again, the only way he won't is if he's at work and doesn't get home in time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search