Who plans on breastfeeding?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As I've said before, I plan on EBF.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
I am planning on BF this time around. I had a lot of issues trying to BF my daughter so I couldnt end up BF and it made me feel so guilty! So this time im definitely going to BF and pump at the same time.

December 16th, 2012, 12:54 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cannot WAIT to bfeed!!! Before the twins I always put up with nursing and said I would rather pump. After 11 months of pumping every 2.5 hours around the clock, I hope to never see another pump in my life. I really hope nothing happens that will interfere with nursing this little one because I no longer take it for granted or as a burden to be put up with.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
KnitterLaurel's Avatar Super Mommy
I will breastfeed for sure. I am still breastfeeding my 2 year old actually, but I am going to wean her before the baby is born. I did some tandem with both my girls last time and I did not enjoy it.

December 16th, 2012, 01:53 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll breastfeed. Also if I'm able to, which I don't see why I wouldn't be able to, I plan on pumping extra to give my youngest a cup a day if he will drink it, he will be 5. Because ever since I stopped breastfeeding him at 22 months every winter he gets so sick. I'm wondering if I gave him breast milk if it'd build his immune system back up.
MyFantasticFour likes this.

December 16th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Regular
I plan on breastfeeding again, but I hope that I can get this baby to take the occasional bottle of pumped milk, since that would have made life so much easier the first time around. All in all, inreally did love breastfeeding, and I was sad when DD weaned herself at 22 months.

[/url]
December 16th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Super Mommy
I plan to bf, but am not opposed to occasional formula. With DS I had to use a nipple shield, but successfully bf for a full year. I'm hoping to be able to without the shield this time, but I'm learning there is no failure as long as your child is healthy and you're both happy.
alittlelost likes this.
December 16th, 2012, 04:47 PM
mrsEuphoria1's Avatar Veteran
I plan on BF but am a little nervous (this is my first) of failing/pain/milk ducts getting stuck
December 16th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will definitely BF.

I nursed my first for 2 1/2 years and I weaned my second on her third birthday.
KnitterLaurel likes this.

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
December 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I'm still breastfeeding my 1 year old. I'll be breastfeeding this one too.

December 16th, 2012, 06:02 PM
KnitterLaurel's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbaxter612 View Post
I nursed my first for 2 1/2 years and I weaned my second on her third birthday.
I nursed my first until she was almost three and am still nursing my just over 2 year old. My family mostly thinks I am crazy, so I am glad to see I'm not the only "crazy" one.

December 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM
BabyFever23's Avatar Proud mama & Wife
My oldest was a micro premie so latching on was difficult but I was able to sucessfully pump exclusively for the first 6mo. My second was exclusively breastfed till last month hes 14mo. I plan to exclusively nurse this baby also.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I think most people thought I was crazy, too! lol My husband and mom thought it was great so that support helped.

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
December 17th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Super Mommy
I plan on breast feeding and pumping.
December 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to breastfeed. DS is still nursing now

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
We willBF unless something happens to change that. FF would be a new experience. I just weaned my 2 year old a few months back, but up until last may he and his 2 older brothers were tandem nursed.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
December 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alittlelost - THAT'S SO CRAZY about the maternity leave in other countries. They give you nearly a year off??? No work, paid? That seems crazy for a company to manage. What if all their women got pregnant around the same time, so a bunch of the workers left for a year? It seems so odd, but awesome at the same time. I would LOVE 12 weeks, that would be so much nicer.

December 17th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Veteran
I'm in the minority, but we plan to formula feed.

I'm not completely comfortable with the bf idea (don't know why), and my husband is also for formula feeding so he can take part in the early feeding process as well
December 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am strictly formula feeding. I have a disorder where my body doesn't produce breast milk. I tried everything after DD was born only to find out that I wasn't producing anything for her to really get nutrients off of. Like 1/2 an ounce every 2 hours. Good luck to all of you who are trying your hand at BF!
December 17th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Super Mommy
I'm bfing this time, I exclusively nursed my daughter till 14 months and when we adopted my son, I was there in the room when he was born I tried to re-lactate but he was too impatient and wouldn't wait for me to set up with the feeding tube lol. I can't wait! After having to bottle feed him I would never choose that route... It was so hard to make sure we had enough stuff along and had to cut short trips out if we forgot water or formula or extra nipples, plus the formula was messy and I don't like the smell of it. Although I can't say the bfing is easy, I had a LOT of problems with my dd it was so painful for about 3 1/2 months until I finally got someone to sit with me and we finally figured out what the problem was...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search