Vbac

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Anyone else trying it this time around?

I had 2 vaginal deliveries then a c-section (due to her being Breach) so this time I am going to try a VBAC. god willing

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had 3 csections. My 2nd I had a uterine rupture. I'm trying to get more info on what my risk of a second rupture is. I'm researching, so depending on what I find to be riskier will determine what I do. I'm hoping to vba3c but I won't if its riskier than a 4th csection. I'm terrified either way!
Diamond2009 likes this.

December 16th, 2012, 03:56 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been lucky enough to avoid a c sec so far, but my friend had an emergency c sec due to a complete placental abruption and went on to have 3 succesful vbacs, one of them twins!
Diamond2009 likes this.

December 16th, 2012, 04:04 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
c-sections scare the crap out of me. I always say it happens to mamas braver then me. I even found doctors who deliver breech, in case I ever need one! It seems harder to find doctors who will do VBACs these days, but I found one near me who deliver twins (even if 1 is breech) and does VBACs. That's who I was going to go to if both twins made it. I hope you are able to have a successful VBAC!
Diamond2009 likes this.
December 16th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2RickyRanaJavier View Post
I've had 3 csections. My 2nd I had a uterine rupture. I'm trying to get more info on what my risk of a second rupture is. I'm researching, so depending on what I find to be riskier will determine what I do. I'm hoping to vba3c but I won't if its riskier than a 4th csection. I'm terrified either way!

What is a uterine rupture? Did it happen before or after the c section?

I just looked it up....ouch. Thats the risk of VBAC i was scared of. How did that happen to you? I'm so glad everything turned out ok. Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
c-sections scare the crap out of me. I always say it happens to mamas braver then me. I even found doctors who deliver breech, in case I ever need one! It seems harder to find doctors who will do VBACs these days, but I found one near me who deliver twins (even if 1 is breech) and does VBACs. That's who I was going to go to if both twins made it. I hope you are able to have a successful VBAC!

Thanks hun I hope so. My doctor is the one who recommended it. I went in when i was pregnant with Lauren thinking i automatically needed a C section shes like ummmm no not unless you want one shes like you had 2 vaginal deliveries before so you are a great candidate. So thats what i'm hoping for

Forever in our hearts

Last edited by Diamond2009; December 16th, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
December 16th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a c-section with my first and a successful vbac with my second. I plan on a vbac with this one, as well.
Diamond2009 likes this.

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
December 16th, 2012, 04:30 PM
So glad to hear that .....How far apart werer the first 2?

Forever in our hearts

December 16th, 2012, 04:41 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I'm just going to do another c-section. I've thought about a VBAC but I think it might be easier to do a c-section. I know most doctors offices here in MD won't allow you to have any more than 3 c-sections.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

December 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond2009 View Post
What is a uterine rupture? Did it happen before or after the c section?

I just looked it up....ouch. Thats the risk of VBAC i was scared of. How did that happen to you? I'm so glad everything turned out ok. Scary

r
I was 40 weeks with my second. No labor. I just started bleeding, I believe it was mixed with amniotic fluid and I was filling a maxi pad in 15 mins. Went in, they thought it was placenta abruption, until they opened me up. I had no other signs, no pain, no fetal distress, nothing. With my first I was induced with cyotec. Ay previous use for any reason of cyotec makes your risk of rupture go from less than 1% to 5-10%, at the time I didn't know that! And I believe another factor in it was it was only 11 months after the first csection. It was terrifying. Awards, my doc came in, and I had mentioned that I was upset I didn't get to Walmart that day to finish Christmas shopping. (It was dec 20th). He flat out said, if I had gone to Walmart, I most likely wouldn't have been here to give anyone their presents! I'm terrified to vbac becaus elf rupture. But I'm also terrified of another csection, knowing that the risk of mom and/baby not making it is three times higher than a vaginal birth.

If I do go for another csection, as long as baby is ok, I'll be demanding them give her/him to me right away to breastfeed and have skin to skin. Google gentle csection. That will be my approach if I do have another csection.

Sorry for the novel, haha.
alittlelost likes this.

December 16th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
7 1/2 years.

After pushing for 1 1/2 hours with my first, they decided he was too big and said I needed a c-section. (I think with a different dr and more knowledge, I could have had him vaginally) He was 9 lb 6 oz.

My second baby, I pushed for about 2 hours but finally got her out. She was 9 lb 10 oz--even bigger!!

Risk of uterine rupture is actually pretty low with vbac. The problem is that dr's are required to stay on hospital premises the entire time you're in labor (vbac'ing). Most drs don't want to do that--they'd rather not go in until you're very close to actual delivery.

Kelli--vbac is much easier than a section!! Well, other than the hard work of pushing a baby out! lol

Quote:
I was 40 weeks with my second. No labor. I just started bleeding, I believe it was mixed with amniotic fluid and I was filling a maxi pad in 15 mins. Went in, they thought it was placenta abruption, until they opened me up. I had no other signs, no pain, no fetal distress, nothing. With my first I was induced with cyotec. Ay previous use for any reason of cyotec makes your risk of rupture go from less than 1% to 5-10%, at the time I didn't know that! And I believe another factor in it was it was only 11 months after the first csection. It was terrifying. Awards, my doc came in, and I had mentioned that I was upset I didn't get to Walmart that day to finish Christmas shopping. (It was dec 20th). He flat out said, if I had gone to Walmart, I most likely wouldn't have been here to give anyone their presents! I'm terrified to vbac becaus elf rupture. But I'm also terrified of another csection, knowing that the risk of mom and/baby not making it is three times higher than a vaginal birth.
That would have been absolutely terrifying!!! Glad everything turned out well for you and baby!

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
December 16th, 2012, 05:16 PM
BabyFever23's Avatar Proud mama & Wife
My first was an emergency c-section. With my second I wanted to try for a vbac but was told I wasnt a candidate and had another c-section. This one more than likely will be a c-section too.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2RickyRanaJavier View Post

If I do go for another csection, as long as baby is ok, I'll be demanding them give her/him to me right away to breastfeed and have skin to skin. Google gentle csection. That will be my approach if I do have another csection.

Sorry for the novel, haha.
That is crazy. So glad you are ok. I'm sure you were terrified. I believe they use cyotec in July when i lost my baby at 18 weeks. I had to be induced. I'm going to talk to my doctor about the % rates if i was given that. Thats scary. Thanks for the info hun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbaxter612 View Post
7 1/2 years.

After pushing for 1 1/2 hours with my first, they decided he was too big and said I needed a c-section. (I think with a different dr and more knowledge, I could have had him vaginally) He was 9 lb 6 oz.

My second baby, I pushed for about 2 hours but finally got her out. She was 9 lb 10 oz--even bigger!! !
Holy you have some big babies Glad the VBAC was succesful for you and hope it is a 2nd time.

Forever in our hearts

Last edited by Diamond2009; December 16th, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
December 16th, 2012, 08:04 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeLLiC09 View Post
I think I'm just going to do another c-section. I've thought about a VBAC but I think it might be easier to do a c-section. I know most doctors offices here in MD won't allow you to have any more than 3 c-sections.
wont "allow"? So what happens if a woman gets pregnant again after her 3rd c-section?
UrbanMomma likes this.
December 16th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
wont "allow"? So what happens if a woman gets pregnant again after her 3rd c-section?

I was thinking the same thing

Forever in our hearts

December 16th, 2012, 09:03 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will probably attempt an "underground" VBAC. The hospital here will not allow VBAC and I don't want to attempt a 2 hour drive to the nearest hospital that will, especially when my labors are as fast as 26 minutes. So I'll wait in the parking lot or walk around the lobby until I know this is IT, then go in and push.

That's the plan, at least. I really, really, really don't want to feel childbirth again, but if I want to VBAC I think this is my only option. Pain of childbirth vs. pain of c/s...former one wins out, I think, because recovering from a c/s was NOT fun or easy at all!
jkbaxter612 and Diamond2009 like this.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 16th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
When I had my c/s with dd I was told at that time that if I came back to that hospital I would have to have another c/s because they do not do vbacs. I didn't want the first c/s and I sure am not looking forward to another one . . . but I live in a rural area, I would have to drive 2 hours away for the one hospital that does allow vbacs. 2 hours is not that far but I don't know about trying to make it there and laboring . . . I don't want to deliver on the side of the road with a cow audience.
Diamond2009 likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 16th, 2012, 11:00 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want a VBAC but my cardiologist has to sign off on it.
Diamond2009 likes this.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 17th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a c-section with my first. She was breech and couldn't turn. When she was born we found out that her cord was only a few inches long. Providing that all is well with this baby, then we are going to do a vbac. I have the most amazing OB in the world that was talking vbac when I was still in the hospital with Maddie 3 years ago. She is very pro-vbac which I am grateful for

If I have to have a c-section again though, I won't be worried about it. I had a super recovery and only took narcotic pain meds for three days before switching to ibuprofen. I made myself walk and get up and it honestly really helped. The scar too is minimal.
Diamond2009 likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I hope we can all do VBAC this time.
jkbaxter612 likes this.

Forever in our hearts

December 17th, 2012, 07:53 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I had #'s 1, 2 and 3 vaginally. Then #4 was an "unneceserean." They said he was big, 10lbs + and although I had already had a 10lb 5oz baby he had a bit of shoulder dystocia. #4 was also transverse on my edd so they said babies don't turn this late (LIE!!!) and said I had to have a section the next day.

The next morning when I went in, baby was head down. I said no thanks to the section, which they had already prepped me for, and that apparently pissed them off. I was told have the section or your baby will die because he is too big.

He was 8lbs 3oz.

Then I went to homebirthing. I had 2 successful vbacs at home and was planning a third (#7) when at 38w 5d I had a placental abruption and emergency csection. I was told I would never give birth vaginally again.

BUT being the rebel I am, I had my next son, #8, at home and he weighed in at a whopping 11lbs 8oz.

#9 and 10 were both vba2cs in the hospital but I went in pushing both times. Both babies were born within minutes of getting to the hospital.

I really want to have this baby at home, but it looks like money is gonna be an issue. If I have to do another pushing hospital birth so be it. I always have to end up fighting these hospitals.

Anyway, good luck to everyone attempting a vbac or vba2c, they are very doable but you may have to fight for your right!
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search