Fainted for the first time ever

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Anchored
  • 1 Post By Dandelion

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 04:17 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Whenever I stand up too fast, I occasionally get a little dizzy but thats typically the extent of it. This morning when I woke up, I was on the way to the bathroom pondering whether I was gassy or crampy, when all of a sudden I woke up on the floor I think I hit my head and shoulder pretty hard because they both still hurt, but I cant believe I fainted. Took me a second to figure out what even happened because I have NEVER fainted before. Has this happened to anybody else? Does anybody know what it could mean? I know my mom passed out when she was pregnant with me a few times so I'm gonna call her....whenever I find my phone
December 17th, 2012, 04:37 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do a lot when I'm pregnant. Mine is blood pressure related. I have super low blood pressure.. I passed out bad when I was pregnant with my first, once they even took me to the hospital. I don't remember anything but that I was getting hot and the next thing I know I'm in an ambulance. It was so weird.

December 17th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
I havne't fainted, but I've been close many times. I have low blood pressure too.
December 17th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My blood pressure also runs really low (normal for me is 100/60), and when I was pregnant with my son it was down to 80/40 at times, which made me very lightheaded.
I almost passed out a few days after I got my BFP this time. If I get too overheated, I get really dizzy and have to sit still for awhile until I'm better... I also figure if I'm going to pass out, I may as well already be laying down lol
mrskfet likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 17th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
I do a lot when I'm pregnant. Mine is blood pressure related. I have super low blood pressure.. I passed out bad when I was pregnant with my first, once they even took me to the hospital. I don't remember anything but that I was getting hot and the next thing I know I'm in an ambulance. It was so weird.
I wonder why we feel hot whenever it happens. When I woke up I felt like I had a fever, but it went away pretty quickly. I dont think I have low blood pressure though I dont remember ever officially being checked. Last time I went to the doctor was because I had cut the tip of my pinky off, I dont remember ever having a physical done. Should I tell my OB I fainted or just let it go?
December 17th, 2012, 05:21 AM
ummsultan's Avatar Super Mommy
I've gotten very light headed and dizzy to the point I thought I was going to pass out, but never actually did. I've even lost my sight for a few seconds. I think mine is blood pressure related. My dr has said it's normal and to get up slowly from a sitting or laying position.
I also have mitral valve prolapse (leaky heart valve). That could also have something to do with it.
December 17th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I would definately tell your doctor

I feel lightheaded and dizzy sometimes but have never fainted. I'm going to discuss this with her the next time i see her,
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013
Miscarriage at 8 weeks 1 day November 27 2014

December 17th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
My blood pressure also runs really low (normal for me is 100/60), and when I was pregnant with my son it was down to 80/40 at times, which made me very lightheaded.
I almost passed out a few days after I got my BFP this time. If I get too overheated, I get really dizzy and have to sit still for awhile until I'm better... I also figure if I'm going to pass out, I may as well already be laying down lol
lol I like that logic, I'll have to try laying down first if this ever happens again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummsultan View Post
I've gotten very light headed and dizzy to the point I thought I was going to pass out, but never actually did. I've even lost my sight for a few seconds. I think mine is blood pressure related. My dr has said it's normal and to get up slowly from a sitting or laying position.
I also have mitral valve prolapse (leaky heart valve). That could also have something to do with it.
Before I was pregnant I would occasionally lose my vision too whenever I stood up too fast, DH was always worried about it but maybe knowing it happens to somebody else will reassure him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond2009 View Post
I would definately tell your doctor

I feel lightheaded and dizzy sometimes but have never fainted. I'm going to discuss this with her the next time i see her,
I'll call them later today then one thing that has me slightly worried is that diabetes runs in my family and I've never been tested for it. I've heard of women getting gestational diabetes before but I'm not sure if lightheadedness/fainting has ever been a symptom of it. Will be doing some research on this today too.
December 17th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's scary.
Definitely call if you start having abdominal pain along with the dizziness because that can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
That's scary.
Definitely call if you start having abdominal pain along with the dizziness because that can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy.
I called to let them know but they were busy so I left a message. I'm hoping that they'll pull me in today or tomorrow just to make sure everything is okay, but I doubt it :/ hoping and praying that my little rugrat is okay
December 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Aaaand they didnt even offer for me to come in. Pretty sure they think I'm dehydrated, have to increase my protein intake, and being put on a pill for nausea. Since I've had no cramping or bleeding, I dont think theyre concerned. Yay for everything being okay but I do wish they would have sounded a tad more caring.
December 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure everything is ok.
mrskfet likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
How scary

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
December 17th, 2012, 12:40 PM
bumbleboo12's Avatar Super Mommy
Lurking from the TTC board. I also fainted with my first pregnancy. My doctor told me what the other ladies are saying, to lay flat for a few minutes or to sit with your head between your legs (not very easy to do when you super pregnant). Mine was also blood pressure related.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search