Fetal Dopplers

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Beachbabies
  • 1 Post By ♥womanintheshoe♥
  • 2 Post By Kelllilee
  • 2 Post By MyFantasticFour
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By MyFantasticFour
  • 3 Post By Ray88
  • 1 Post By Ray88
  • 1 Post By MyFantasticFour

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Super Mommy
Hello ladies! I was wondering who has a doppler? And who has plans of getting one? I want to get one but I'm not sure which brand is a good brand for a good price. I have been reading reviews but I want to know from you ladies what you prefer?

December 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think mine was called angel sounds or something like that. I ordered it online during my pregnancy with #1. It got lost during a move though. It was really hard to find the hb at first but after he got a little bigger it was easier. My biggest advice is to go much lower than you think. I think it was worth the $.
Ray88 likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Hi Bebe that is OK and a Contec that worked better. Both allow me to hear the heartbeat at about 10 weeks. I love having a doppler at home as it has saved me many a panic attack and call to my OB.
Ray88 likes this.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 23rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I had one during one pregnancy, but read some questionable stuff about the safety of them, so I sold it and I'm not planning to get one...
KnitterLaurel and Ray88 like this.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 23rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I have a Sonoline B. I found the heartbeat the first time I tried, right before 9 weeks, and every time after. I love it because #1 I had a missed miscarriage before that so I was a nervous wreck and #2 I didn't feel my rainbow baby kick until after 21 weeks because of the placenta placement! It was a huge relief.
miniRazz and Ray88 like this.

December 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a sonoline B. I'm 8 weeks 2 days and tried to find the HB today for about 30 minutes and couldn't Usually I can find my babies really easy with a doppler but maybe I'm out of practice...
December 23rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
I didn't plan on getting one but DH wants one, so thanks for the suggestions everyone

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Baby Beat, and love it (even though I haven't used it successfully in about 8yrs ).

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

December 24th, 2012, 06:42 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be getting one, but will wait until I hit the 2nd trimester. I don't think it's safe to use before 12 week, hence why OBs wait until then to listen.
Ray88 likes this.

December 24th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
We will be getting one, but will wait until I hit the 2nd trimester. I don't think it's safe to use before 12 week, hence why OBs wait until then to listen.
I think that's usually because they don't want to freak you out if they can't find it. Mine usually tried at my first appts around like 10 weeks but they never tried for very long.
Ray88 likes this.

December 24th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for all of your input. I read up on the safety of fetal dopplers and they are safe as long as they are not use for long periods of time and excessively. This is why doctors do not search for the baby for a long time in the office. I decided to purchase the (sonoline b) from fetaldopplers.net because it seemed to have the best reviews.

December 24th, 2012, 09:09 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My OBs always started trying around 10 weeks, too.
December 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really did not mean to offend anyone. Golly.

ALL obs are different and mine recommended waiting for the first trimester since I have a history of miscarriage in the first place, maybe that's why. I wasn't trying to say anyone who uses it shouldn't. I know a woman in my last DDB (september 11) had been using it around 9 weeks and started bleeding and her OB said they thought it was because of the doppler. That's why I asked my OB about it because I'm desperate to hear something soon.

I'm glad you found one you liked. and I apologize if people found my post offensive, that wasn't my intent.

Last edited by BeachMum; December 24th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
December 24th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
I really did not mean to offend anyone. Golly.

ALL obs are different and mine recommended waiting for the first trimester since I have a history of miscarriage in the first place, maybe that's why. I wasn't trying to say anyone who uses it shouldn't. I know a woman in my last DDB (september 11) had been using it around 9 weeks and started bleeding and her OB said they thought it was because of the doppler. That's why I asked my OB about it because I'm desperate to hear something soon.

I'm glad you found one you liked. and I apologize if people found my post offensive, that wasn't my intent.
I personally did not find your post offensive. I don't think any of the other women did either. I appreciate and value everyones input on this topic. This is my first child and I would want to know if there is some sort of safety issue, so I could further my research. Because I have had a miscarriage before and safety is my #1 concern.
MyFantasticFour likes this.

Last edited by Ray88; December 24th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
December 24th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I don't think anyone was offended either, just giving opinions. If I didn't have multiple opinions from forums, I think I would never have second-guessed anything. My style of parenting has vastly changed since I became a mom and I think I largely owe that to being around so many different moms who opened my mind up and made me research things and realize how big the information pool is!

My OBs and midwives never said anything but I only had my Doppler with my last pregnancy because I needed the peace of mind after my loss. I don't use it often, just once in a while to put my mind at ease and I don't mind it at all. I do, however, refrain from drinking caffeine entirely because I'm nervous of the risk and I know a lot of people don't...we're all different and that's how we get the diverse community going on and I like it! 8-)
Ray88 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search