Weekend, this was mine, how was yours?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stepped away for a few days, as I was going to visit some family in California. Having hit some snags in getting back home I decided to crack open my laptop and check in!

Thursday I flew in, it was an alright flight. My DS was not as wellbehaved as usual and of course the second he fell asleep I had to pee so badly I thought my bladder would explode if I didnt so I woke him up to go to the bathroom. Fun stuff! I was sick all day, not pukey, but just icky feeling. Friday rolls around I go out to the mall with the in-laws and we have lunch, go back home and I take a nap with ds (Did I mention I told the in-laws? No hiding it while visiting ). I wake up feeling horrible, start throwing up (for the first time), and continue to throw up. I try to force myself to go to dinner with them at some families house, end up spending the entire evening in theor bathroom puking for hours.

Long story short, I got super dehydrated, MIL took me to the ER and I had IV fluids and zofran, was given a perscription for zofran, and monitored for a few hours. I was still sick and puking but they released me, "yay". I wasnt able to keep water down for a while, would just sip it and wait 20 minutes and sip again, it helped me keep enough water down that by morning I actually went pee (after being up vomiting at all hours of the night). The sickness has continued since then, coming and going in severity but I have not really tried to eat much. I hear good things about zofran but it is doing little to help me now :/ I have to go see my OB and get a new perscription and do a new check up just to make sure everything is alright with the little bean and myself. There is a fear of hypermesis gravidarium (which I had never heard of until Kate Middleton and now it seems to be everywhere so I am skeptical that is what it is), but either way all I know is I want it to stop.

Anywho so aside from all that fun stuff, today was going home day! My husband was not able to come with us to visit because he was workign on call at the missile sites so we were super excited to be bacj home, I was so ready to curl up on my own bathroom floor and not someone elses. Well my MIL decided I was to sick to fly alone ( for the most part she was not wrong) so my DH's grandmother was to come with me. We get to the airport and our flight was delayed 4 seperate times before being cancelled all together. And shocker no more flights all day. Had to call my husband and tell him not to drive to Denver, and that I was booking a new flight. Im sick as a dog during this entire process and trying to get the soonest flight with a screaming baby right in front of me (mine of course) which was a total nightmare. Ending up with a 7:30 AM flight, a seating upgrade, a $100 refund off of my ticket price, a $100 voucher towards another flight, and free checked baggage. Not to bad but I was so hormonal I jsut cried and cried. I wanted so badly to be home before christmas eve and I felt just so terrible and tired I couldnt hold it.

Luckily, DH's Grandmother lives in town so I didnt need a hotel, I was able to just go back to her house until morning which is way easier than a hotel or staying in the airport. However, it was a total nightmare day. A nightmare weekend really, though I did very much enjoy seeing my in-laws between being so freaking sick and the stupid flight thing today I am so over San Diego and ready to be back home!

Ugh. Well, that was my weekend! You should all be jealous.

On a serious note, how was YOUR weekend?

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 23rd, 2012, 11:44 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
That sounds like a not terribly fun weekend!! I hope things improve!

I have a friend who has had HG with every one of her pregnancies. It was awful, she was so sick she was in the hospital at least 1-2 times a month, couldn't get out of bed or take care of her kids... terrible stuff! I hope you don't have that!!

My weekend has been pretty uneventful, mostly just cleaning and wrapping gifts. My niece's birthday party was Saturday, no big deal except to open my DD's eyes to how few friends she has which was kinda sad (they are 7 months apart and in the same grade). My youngest (3) snagged some nail polish at the store this evening, so we get to haul ourselves back there, make her apologize and pay for it. Otherwise, pretty mundane

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 24th, 2012, 06:17 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes not good. Sorry.

December 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds awful I'm so sorry. My kids always pick the best times to act up too, funny how that is.

I didn't know you were here in SD- I could have come with my DS's and they could have entertained yours during the long wait lol.

That's nice that you got a voucher though- at least you got something for your troubles. Hope you start feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
That sounds like a not terribly fun weekend!! I hope things improve!

I have a friend who has had HG with every one of her pregnancies. It was awful, she was so sick she was in the hospital at least 1-2 times a month, couldn't get out of bed or take care of her kids... terrible stuff! I hope you don't have that!!

My weekend has been pretty uneventful, mostly just cleaning and wrapping gifts. My niece's birthday party was Saturday, no big deal except to open my DD's eyes to how few friends she has which was kinda sad (they are 7 months apart and in the same grade). My youngest (3) snagged some nail polish at the store this evening, so we get to haul ourselves back there, make her apologize and pay for it. Otherwise, pretty mundane
Chase took a baseball out of a sporting goods store last month and we didn't even realize it until we went home. Yep, we had to drive him back too, explain to him that we have to use money to pay for things at stores, he apologized, etc. Kids!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search