How normal is cramps and spotting at 7 weeks?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Papasgirl
  • 2 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By mom2K&G
  • 1 Post By Diamond2009
  • 4 Post By mrsEuphoria1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2012, 02:20 AM
mrsEuphoria1's Avatar Veteran
I'm trying desperately not to panic but this is my first pregnancy so bear with me =/ I've been having these stupid cramps off and on since I got my BFP but over the last 2 days they have gotten worse... They were maybe a 2-3/null pain but now they're more like an 8-9 feels like my intestines are about to explode and now I've started spotting and am only 7 weeks so I'm SUPER worried... I called the nurse line and she told me to make an appointment ASAP but of course it's the holidays so no one is available until Wednesday... The spotting has been brownish, minimal and it appears only when I wipe. I've heard there's no reason to panic unless it's fresh/red/heavy flow but I'm still scared out of my mind... I'm trying to wait it out though and NOT go running to the ER. What do you guys think, can I just wait and see my doctor on wednesday?
December 24th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Honestly if it were me, I would go to the ER. I have been through that scary time and the worry and scariness can be mind numbing. Maybe they can do a scan at the ER and check on the baby for you. I don't want to scare you or be inconsiderate, but heavy cramping is not a good sign....but it also may be caused by something like a sub chronic hematoma or a cyst. I am sorry you have to go through this and i hope it all works out well. Best of luck and keep us posted
annabelpolo and mom2K&G like this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
December 24th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd run straight to the ER. I'd get checked out ASAP. I hope nothing is wrong hun but If I was you I'd go just to make sure.
annabelpolo and mom2K&G like this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 24th, 2012, 04:29 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I would go straight to the ER honestly. I wouldn't try waiting it out. That way you will know and you wont be stressing over it. I'm sorry you aren't feeling good. KUP!
annabelpolo likes this.

December 24th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Its brown blood which means old blood could be from the placenta attaching itself.....as far as the cramps if they get worse or consistent then go to ER. KUP
annabelpolo likes this.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

Last edited by Diamond2009; December 24th, 2012 at 06:16 AM.
December 24th, 2012, 06:09 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I personally would wait it out. I've heard more stories of panic caused by the ER this early on than good. But that's just me. If you would feel more comfortable, then go to the ER. However, if the cramping or bleeding gets worse, then definitely go in.

December 24th, 2012, 08:19 AM
mrsEuphoria1's Avatar Veteran
Yeah I waited until I got off work but the cramping was unbearable by 8am so I went in. The best way to describe it is, it literally felt like I ate an entire box of dulcolax. She checked my cervix which was okay so she sent me off to do an U/S. Apparently my baby is just huge but very healthy and she thinks the bleeding could have been just placenta like diamond mentioned Got to see a nice picture though and fetal tones are already 149 so whew I can sleep soundly now! Best Christmas present ever! Happy holidays everyone and thanks again for all the advice!
December 24th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
So glad everything is ok. Merry Christmas to your family as well

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 24th, 2012, 08:47 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you went in and didn't have to worry through Christmas while everything is closed. I would have said the same as most of the others. I got a big clot as well at 7 weeks and I felt great leaving after seeing heartbeat and little baby. I'm excited for you. That first ultrasound (even in the ER) really is amazing.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
December 24th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
i am soooo happy to hear good news....

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
December 24th, 2012, 04:02 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
Im glad everything turned out ok

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search