Twins

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree29Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 04:33 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Okay so I am evil and get a kick out of re-reading the twin posts of people saying "No way not me, never!" after everyone has had their ultrasounds and all the twins pop up lol

So who thinks it could be twins?

What brought this up is that my middle child keeps insisting it is boy/girl twins but I am certain there is no way I've got two in there.

December 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i think its twins
December 27th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely no twins here! Although my husband had concerns at our ultrasound yesterday!! lol! She kept scanning past and he kept thinking he saw a second baby- he just said to me today, "So, uh, she would have told us if there were 2 right??" hahaha! I said, "Oh yeah! No worries, one baby!" hehe
MyFantasticFour likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I don't think It is twins but when I first found out, for a week I kept thinking what if its twins. I never wondered that with the others. Twins don't run on either side so I think I'm safe lol
December 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've thought twins were possible from the beginning. They do run in my family.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to be honest, right now, when people act like having twins would be a bad result and they are relieved it's not twins, it hurts me a little because I had twins and lost one. It certainly wasn't a relief to me. but I know that is just my emotions speaking, and that they too would be sad if they had twins and lost one.
annabelpolo and mom2K&G like this.
December 27th, 2012, 04:52 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
The only twins in my family were had by my great, great grandmother. Boy/girl twins. I will be interested to see who has them in here but I do not want them lol my kids are close enough in age as it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
to be honest, right now, when people act like having twins would be a bad result and they are relieved it's not twins, it hurts me a little because I had twins and lost one. It certainly wasn't a relief to me. but I know that is just my emotions speaking, and that they too would be sad if they had twins and lost one.
Well for me, it would be hard to handle right now but I'd embrace just like anything else. My pregnancy itself wasn't planned and is pretty inconvenient but I embrace it and love my baby just the same. My loss was also an unplanned baby and I still cried for months after and I still loved my baby so much and was very attached. And I'm very sorry for your loss. A baby lost is a baby lost, whether you were pregnant with 9 and lost one or pregnant with 1 and lost one! <3
Tinky likes this.

Last edited by MyFantasticFour; December 27th, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
December 27th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
No twins for me. For a second because of the fast progression and my tripling betas i was thinking possibly but confirmed today only one healthy bean
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013
Miscarriage at 8 weeks 1 day November 27 2014

December 27th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
The only twins in my family were had by my great, great grandmother. Boy/girl twins. I will be interested to see who has them in here but I do not want them lol my kids are close enough in age as it is!

Well for me, it would be hard to handle right now but I'd embrace just like anything else. My pregnancy itself wasn't planned and is pretty inconvenient but I embrace it and love my baby just the same. My loss was also an unplanned baby and I still cried for months after and I still loved my baby so much and was very attached. And I'm very sorry for your loss. A baby lost is a baby lost, whether you were pregnant with 9 and lost one or pregnant with 1 and lost one! <3
I understand. I felt the same way when I found out. It would be hard, but we'd manage. But it was a LOT harder losing one of the babies. Like I said, though, me getting a little upset when I hear people say that has everything to do with MY emotions and MY grief and nothing to do with anyone else being wrong about how they feel. It's MY problem, and I realize that--not that anyone is "wrong" for saying how they feel, ya know? I'm also very sorry for you loss
December 27th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I never meant that twins would be a bad result for us, either. Twins for us would be welcomed if that were the case (after 2 miscarriages, I would never look down on a blessing I was given), but it would add a ton more stress onto us if that were the case. We would need a new car on top of the fact that we already have to buy a new house to fit THIS baby, double the everything, and added onto that the fact that my husband is frequently out to sea and due for another deployment in a year and a half... Two grade schoolers, a toddler, and twin newborns would just be a little much for me while home alone for 7 months because my husband was deployed.

I am a realist... twins are amazing and a miracle and twice the blessing, but that doesn't mean it would be something I need in my life right now.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 27th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No twins here, unless one was hiding at my ultrasound

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
I never meant that twins would be a bad result for us, either. Twins for us would be welcomed if that were the case (after 2 miscarriages, I would never look down on a blessing I was given), but it would add a ton more stress onto us if that were the case. We would need a new car on top of the fact that we already have to buy a new house to fit THIS baby, double the everything, and added onto that the fact that my husband is frequently out to sea and due for another deployment in a year and a half... Two grade schoolers, a toddler, and twin newborns would just be a little much for me while home alone for 7 months because my husband was deployed.

I am a realist... twins are amazing and a miracle and twice the blessing, but that doesn't mean it would be something I need in my life right now.
Trust me, I UNDERSTAND THAT completely. but all that stuff you are worried about I would have "had" to live through, too--only now that I lost a baby I don't "have" to live through it. So when I hear people talk about that stuff, it makes me sad. It doesn't mean they are wrong for feeling that way--I think it's normal, in fact. But if I'm being honest, it makes me sad, and that's MY problem, due to MY emotions, and is NOT anyone else's fault that I feel that way. And I never would say otherwise. It doesn't make it any easier for me when people try to "drive their point home" about why they didn't want twins, but I also don't feel they are wrong for saying how they feel. If it ever got to be too much for me to handle, I'd just leave. But as other people are honest about their feelings, I have been also. I don't blame my feelings on anyone by myself. it's hard to read some posts because of my loss, but obviously it's not unbearable, and I can't shelter myself from everyone else's feelings just because it reminds me of my own feelings and of losing one of the twins.
annabelpolo likes this.

Last edited by alittlelost; December 27th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
December 27th, 2012, 05:30 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a feeling it may be two. My reasons being 1. This pregnancy is so different than my other 3. Like I got MS starting at 5 weeks, the other 3 I didn't get it until 8 weeks and it wasn't bad. 2. All 3 kids I just knew what they were from the minute I got he + and this time I have no idea boy or girl, which makes me wonder if its boy and girl. 3. My symptom are more intense. I feel 6 months pregnant already.

I don't have my first appt until jan 14th so I won't know for awhile.

December 27th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Mommy of 3
My tests getting dark so quickly had me wondering about twins. I don't think it is though. I guess I figure I'd be sicker with twins, but maybe not!
I won't know until my ultrasound

December 27th, 2012, 06:11 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first official official appt isn't until Feb 1 (intake appt is on 1/15, but there's pretty much nothing exciting about that), so I have quite a while to wait to find this out. I would LOVE twins, but I highly doubt there's two in there (only twins on either side of the family came from the non blood-related spouse). But, then again, God has his ways of surprising us. We shall see.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

December 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Twins do run in my family and my grandma always said it would be me and my cousins to have them. However my cousin just had a set of twins so I don't think I'll be having any. I guess you never know though! We don't have an appointment for a few more weeks so I guess we will see then!

December 27th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
it would be pretty surprising if we had twins. I don't think I've ever even thought about it.
December 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For a minute I thought it might be be cause i have NEVER tested positive as early as I did and my symptoms all started a lot earlier, too. But, I am pretty confident it is just one because I have already had 3 u/s done and all showed ONE bean lol

December 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We would LOVE twins. We always hoped for twins with our pregnancies, but never have so I highly doubt we'll get them this time, but we always hope we won't know for sure until my appt at the end of the month.

December 27th, 2012, 07:01 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
I would love twins but I also dont think it's happening for me since they dont run in the family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search