questionnaire SO reactions

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By kearsty20
  • 1 Post By BabyT_heart_beat
  • 1 Post By jkbaxter612
  • 1 Post By Fins
  • 1 Post By Anchored
  • 1 Post By Beachbabies

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Veteran
how did your SO respond when you told them you were pregnant with this pregnancy or previous pregnancies??? with my first pregnancy we were in utter shock just open mouth wide eye and we could hardly look at each other (that one i miscarried) with my son he gave me a high five lol.... and this one i kept showing him tests saying i think theres a line and he kept saying i was crazy but when i got that blaring bfp i gave him the test and said do you see THAT LINE?!?!?! and he said yup theres a line... then looked at me and said for some reason im really turned on right now..... ahahhahahahaha omg my husband is soooo freaking wierd...
Tinky likes this.
December 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hahaha I love you husbands response!

With my first we were really young, but we also knew we were not being careful so he half expected it and was like cool. With number 2 we were trying but it happend during our first month of trying so he was said wow that was quick, I didnt feel like we had enough practice. With this one he was working and my dad took me to the hospital because I had been so sick for 2 days and couldn't keep anything down. I found out at the hospital that I was pregnant and he kept asking what the doctor said...and what was wrong. I didnt want to tell him on the phone but had no choice so finally I said "Im pregnant" His response was are you joking....I said no this is not something I would joke about....are you gonna get fixed now. lol He was like F***. We still do not know how this happened we were so careful and no accidents or mistakes....so this is our miracle baby

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

December 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Veteran
lol "not enough practice" hehe thats crazy how you got pregnant with your third!!! i tell everyone that clayton needs to come with a sex warning label like will impregnate if within 300 ft wear a hazmat suit lol.... this is the third time ive been pregnant within two years! before my husband came along i thought i had fertility issues because i never used any sort of method but never got pregnant
December 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Super Mommy
The first time was a total surprise. Things weren't all that great with us. And I half told him during a discussion/argument that things need to change. And he guessed it right away. And must have asked me a million times if I was sure. I had already had the dating u/s so I had to pull out the picture as proof.

Things got better thank goodness.

This time we tried 3 cycles. I was upset that it did not happen right away. He said not to worry. I had a faint BFP on 12/7 but I waited to test again because that Saturday was DDs birthday party and I needed to concentrate. I took a digital on Sunday and it was positive. I was thinking about waiting until Christmas and giving him our family ornament which is a bear family with Baby written on the Momma Bear's Shirt but he had a really bad day at work on that Mon the 10th so I emailed him a picture of the digital. When he got home he was so happy. He said something about "Now we will get our boy"

December 29th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, we were sitting down for lunch eating home made buffalo wings, he made lunch I looked over on my FB and saw a post from one of my friends who is expecting any day now and I realized I was supposed to start my period that day with no sign of it up to that point. DH was needing to go get his hair cut for work the next day, so I was like, um, while you are out, wanna stop at dollar tree for me and grab a pregnancy test? He had his food halfway to his mouth and was like, really? He went got his hair done went by the DT came home and I took a test to the bathroom, did the test, checked 2 minutes later to see the 2 lines. Walked into the kitchen handed it to him. He goes, well so much for waiting until I get back to add to the family. Then said, wanna go have sex? I just busted out laughing at that point.
December 29th, 2012, 07:50 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
His reactions went from terrified to excited to gloating that he was right. We had been trying for over a year and got pregnant on our 3rd cycle of Clomid. I decided to test when I got home from work and DF was at the gym. When I saw those 2 lines I bawled and it only got worse when I call DF and told him to come home stat.

I already had a way I wanted to tell him but I was so emotional that way wasn't going to work. When I called I could barely speak and he was yelling what's wrong?? He told me he was doing 100 mph home thinking something was seriously wrong.

When he came in I showed him the test and he was quiet for a min and I said this is not the reaction I was looking for he said "well h&ll you scared the sh$t out of me I am trying to compose myself" then he began to laugh and was like I told you it would happen. He was beaming. He was like who can we tell? I told him I wanted to wait. Then he yelled at the top of his lungs I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE PREGNANT!!!...because who goes to Applebees to eat soup??
kearsty20 likes this.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

Last edited by BabyT_heart_beat; December 29th, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
December 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didnt tell him right away, and waited and put together a cute little box with a onesie I sewed with the due date on it and some other things with the digi on top. I had our son give it to him and he was happy, happy but shocked as well.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 30th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First time--He checked the hpt and saw that it was +. He was super happy.

2nd time--A little bummed saying that we didn't get to "practice" enough. The next day he went out and bought a precious onesie and baby blanket. He was happy.

3rd time--Seriously bummed that we got pregnant the first try. Again, wanted more "practice"! Then he got excited--way more excited than I was.

This time--He was out of town so I texted him a picture of the HPT! lol He was really happy and said, "I think we should still practice just in case!"

Noticing a "practice" theme?? Yeah, dh loves to practice!
kearsty20 likes this.

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
December 30th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
we'd been trying for so long that DH had sort of resigned himself to the fact that it just wasn't going to happen. I waited to get a confirm from the doctor because I knew that he wouldn't trust the HPT. After I got the confirm I put an early present under the christmas tree.

He was in shock, he kept saying 'you're pregnant? you're pregnant?' and then 'you're pregnant!'

He's been pretty proud of himself since then. I swear he walks with a swagger now
kearsty20 likes this.
December 30th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband and I were both positive I WASN'T pregnant (as a matter of fact when I went up to POAS he said to me, "We both know what it's going to say.")

When it was positive, I ran down the stairs, threw it at him, and said "I'm pregnant!" and he said, "SHUT.THE.F###.UP." lmao
Beachbabies likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Veteran
OMG these are classic reactions hahaha i love them!
December 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH has been happy but cautious every time. He's always worried like me in the beginning and tries not to get too excited. But I can tell he's proud of his swimmers lol.

This time I got my BFP on Thanksgiving and quietly handed him the test after family had gone home. He looked at me with big eyes and mouthed "are you serious!" Then we hugged. Nothing too dramatic.
Ray88 likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 30th, 2012, 06:37 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With our first I got out of my car and handed him the pee stick and he said "Is this real" I said yes and we both wanted to take another just to check. Although we were ntnp we were in shock of how quick it happened. With my daughter I found out at 6am while he was asleep and woke him up handing him the stick again. He thought he was dreaming and rolled over. When I got out of the shower I went back in the room and he got up like nothing happened. Sat on the couch and said nothing. I asked him how he felt about a second baby and he was like "wait what?! your pregnant!" He was so excited. With this one he was trying to find out if I bought him this tool for xmas because he didnt want me to get him anything. We were in the kitchen and he goes did you really get me that tool. I said "Im pregnant and ya i got the tool" He was excited. In shock a bit since he wasnt expecting to hear that but it was funny.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search