Ramzi method for early gender guesses? Anyone?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba

Here are mine, please excuse the finger prints all over them. Anyone care to guess? It was transvaginal.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 30th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicag View Post
I am going to say boy. But really as someone else said, they manipulate these ultrasound images pretty heavily to get the picture they need so unless you knew of a marker to which side was which during the ultrasound it really is a crapshoot. I only know mine because I know they went right to my right ovary that was the oppsite sie of the baby, putting the baby on the left, meaning girl. But looking just at your image, looking at it the way they say your supposed to, it looks boy.
Do you think boy even though my 6 week ultrasound shows baby right smack in the middle? That's why I'm really wondering- the fact that the placement is so different only a week apart makes me think the angles are not true left/right

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 30th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
I have not had one yet but I pulled out the early pics from DD and they're all on the left. Nothing is labeled though so I don't know if they're flipped. Based on the method they aren't.

December 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
Do you think boy even though my 6 week ultrasound shows baby right smack in the middle? That's why I'm really wondering- the fact that the placement is so different only a week apart makes me think the angles are not true left/right
Yes, because the 6 week one almost looks like an uptop or bottom view not side to side so it is so hard to tell which side is which just within the gestational sac. I would say your 7 week is more reliable for location. However, I have seen MANY DDC's do the Ramzi Theory and its pretty much 50/50 everytime. Some people dont look at it correctly and its still about 50/50 so I would say this is as innocent as any old wives tale.
Anchored likes this.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Oh yeah, totally agreed on that one! I can't wait until the big u/s to find out how accurate it is for me.

I've been reading around some other forums, one in particular with a cert u/s tech, and she doesn't seem to put much thought into the Ramzi theory in general. She explained (which was way over my head! lol) that "left" and "right" isn't as easy as we think via ultrasounds. She was saying that it could be any orientation we are looking at and that normally techs will not label the u/s either. So people who are saying, "Oh my son's u/s was right and he was a boy, so it was right!" very well may be looking at what would be considered the LEFT and never know it- but it "looks" correct to their untrained eyes.
Lots of theories behind this theory! haha! It's a lot of fun though! I'm loving looking at all the u/s pictures!!

Someone should make a thread like the due date one with the user name and our prediction based on 6-8wk u/s and Ramzi theory- then we can update them as we find out the gender and see how true they were!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...l#post26918313

I did it lol

Everyone can go post their predictions based on their ultrasounds and we can check them in a few months!
jessicag likes this.

*Thank you to

December 30th, 2012, 07:34 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes exactly. They can get some crazy angles and unless we know where things are its a giant guess. What you are looking at could be opposite from what you think.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I think I have another ultrasound on Wednesday, so I'm going to see what that one looks like too!
jessicag likes this.

*Thank you to

December 31st, 2012, 05:05 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
I've never heard of this before. How interesting. So I dont know about my ultrasound being flipped or not. It was transvaginal. But if this theory is correct - does this mean I would have the same gender on both of my babies? One of them stopped developing though, but they are both on the same side.
Anyone wanna guess the gender? Im guessing its flipped since its transvaginal...

Here is a better overview of the uterus. I dont know what anything is. Lol.

December 31st, 2012, 05:17 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
whether an u/s is trans-vaginal or not is not what determines if it's flipped or not.

as for twins, the most common is b/g, then g/g, then b/b. It's more common to lose a boy twin than a girl twin.
Norwegian mom likes this.
December 31st, 2012, 05:25 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
Thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Cant wait to find out the gender. I want to start knitting blue or pink.
Tinky likes this.
December 31st, 2012, 06:06 AM
Norwegian mom, if I had to guess (and assuming your ultrasound isn't flipped) I would say boy because it's on the right

And if they were both on the same side and this theory is correct, they would be the same gender so I would think 2 boys

*Thank you to

December 31st, 2012, 10:04 AM
TGill's Avatar Expecting #2
Popping in from the May DDC. It's not about what side the baby is on that determines it, it is where the placenta is. There is a lovely lady in the Jan DDC that is super good at this and explains how to do it I believe. She predicted boy for me and was right. Let me find the post for you guys.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ated-list.html
alittlelost likes this.

Tricia - due May 2, 2013
January 10th, 2013, 10:00 AM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
OK so I asked Monday at my u/s which side the placenta was on and the tech looked at me like I was crazy. She said well...here's the baby, the cord, and the placental looks like it's attached to the back of the uterus. So I explained a little of the theory and she said it's not the side it attaches to or which side you ovulate from, sex is determined by the sperm. DUH! I know the sperm determines it.
January 10th, 2013, 02:24 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
I tried but I can't figure out how to read it. Just looking at it baby just looks like its on the bottom..shrugs

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

January 10th, 2013, 03:34 PM
i think i understand how to spot the placenta now and based on that (and assuming the images aren't flipped--which we can't know) I would guess:

mamalamb - boy
beachbabies - boy
momma2chase - girl (and your last pregnancy looked boy--i just almost guessed boy this time until i saw the last image was from your first pregnancy lol)
jessicag--can't see placenta
round2t - girl (but it would have been boy if I couldn't tell the image was flipped due to the left ovary being marked)
dirtroads - girl
NorwegianMom - boy

but again, all this goes on the assumption that the image isn't flipped and there's no way to know this without the doctor telling you or marking the left or right side on the image, as was done for round2t (who is a perfect example that what looks right side without a marking could really be left side).
mamalamb, Anchored and round2t like this.
January 10th, 2013, 03:40 PM
oh dear goodness, I hope you're right!!! hahah!

so how did you figure out how to spot the placenta? I was looking at it on another board today because they were pointing them out too but I wasn't catching it lol

*Thank you to

January 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM
apparently you have to look for where the "decidual reaction" looks thickest. Of course, as I said, it's really hard for *us* to measure how accurate this theory is because we don't know which images were flipped or not. We could more accurately determine if our doctors were telling us where the placenta is (and generally, I don't think they understand what we are asking when we ask that, and don't want to give clues to gender this early, or think it's just some new fad wives tale because they never heard of the theory and looked it up and checked into the research before). For example, when I asked where my placenta implanted, my doctors told me "in the middle" but it's NOT in the middle. I can see it on my images now, and it most certainly is to one side. Of course, that still doesn't help in my case because once of my u/s I think was flipped and the other one not flipped. And ANY of these images could be flipped without us knowing . . . round2t's was flipped and the only reason we know is because her doctor marked her left ovary. so what happens is we make these "guesses" which really are 100% guesses because we don't know if the image is flipped or not. Maybe they are not commonly flipped. but because sometimes they are, "guessing" still provides wrong answers. Then people say the Ramzi theory is BS. And maybe it IS--BUT I think it's unfair to discount a theory because you (general you, not aimed at anyone here!) made a guess without enough information (which is exactly what I've done here--made guesses without enough information). When Ramzi did the studies, they knew if the images were flipped or not. So, we can't compare our guesses to proper Ramzi theory. Finally, as if this rant weren't long enough, I would want to know WHY a placenta would grow on one side for one gender and on another for another gender.

As for the U/S tech who said the sperm determines the baby--that goes to show that they DO NOT get the point because they haven't heard of or researched the ramzi theory before. It's not like the placenta implants on the right and so the baby turns into a boy. We all know the sperm determine the gender. But, for some reason, ramzi's theory shows that AFTER the gender is determined, the placenta implants on a side related to that already determined gender. The placenta/ramzi theory just clues us in on to what gender was already determined.

I wonder if this has something to do with the differences between men and women, too. Like you know how the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and so on? Well, here's an interesting thought. Women (and gay men) are statistically significantly more right-brained. And Men (and gay women) are statistically left-brained. So, the girl baby implants on the left (controlled by the right side of the brain) and are more right brained. Ramzi theory is 95-97% correct. And 3-5% of people are gay! (Interesting right? Because 3-5% of babies will implant on the "opposite" side they should based on "gender") FYI, this last paragraph is all ME theorizing now. If a study shows this many years from now, you heard it from me first.
Tinky likes this.

Last edited by alittlelost; January 10th, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
January 10th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Interesting theory, lost!

I'm definitely excited for the gender ultrasound (and possibly trying out the nub theory too since I just acquired a 12 week appointment and ultrasound on accident lol), just to see how this pans out.

So by "thickening" are you essentially looking for the brighter white portion? I thought that's what the other board was getting at but I wasn't 100% sure. I just googled and found some medical PDFs (I think for teaching), and it seemed to suggest the same thing but both that I looked at barely mentioned placenta positioning so early in a pregnancy

*Thank you to

January 10th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Momma2chase, I TRIED to outline everything. the thin outline I made is, I think, your entire decidua. Then the thicker outline, I think, is your placenta. see how it's a thicker part of your decidua? but honestly, I am really just "taking my best shot at this". I could be WAY off.

January 10th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Ooohh okay, I see where you're coming from!
Something interesting I learned about that particular ultrasound image after I initially posted it here:
An ultrasound tech told me it's a sagittal view of it, and not useable to guess Ramzi theory lol

(Oops, meant to say it's a tech that supposedly has a lot of knowledge about the Ramzi theory. She's on another message board and does Nub guesses mainly but will do Ramzi for you too, with teh understanding that she doesn't believe it to be accurate. I posted mine and she told me about that one being sagittal)

*Thank you to

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search