Ramzi method for early gender guesses? Anyone?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2012, 09:55 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone done any reading on the "Ramzi" method for determining gender with the 6-8 week u/s pic, based on what side baby/placenta is implanted on? Of course it's all just for fun, but supposedly if implanted on the right, baby is a boy, and if on the left, baby is a girl. According to the "research" it is 97% accurate but I doubt that LOL. It can also get a little confusing because some u/s pics are flipped so when you look at them, right is left and left is right.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had heard of it and was trying to make a very early guess!

I can't find my7 week u/s from DD#1, but I have DD#2's, and looking at it (transvaginal u/s) she is on the right (but I think it is really left). THIS baby is definitely on the opposite side of her, looks left looking at it, but I think it HAS to be right, because you can also visualize my cyst in the u/s (which is on my left ovary) and baby is opposite of it?? It's also a transvaginal u/s. So we will see if it is true for me or not!

Here is some more info:
Ramzi's Method to Determine Fetal Gender

Last edited by mamalamb; December 30th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
December 30th, 2012, 10:00 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
It was right for my son. My U/S tech was an ex OB of 30 years (this was his "retirement" job.. Being a high risk U/S tech - I wasn't high risk, but it was who my Midwife liked to use because a previous work relationship with him, plus he was so sweet & always took his time!) & he told me about that. I was pretty impressed, he also said without a doubt my son was a boy at 12 weeks. He was right about that too.

December 30th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't tell if my 6 week us is flipped or not I wish I would have asked what side bean was on!

I don't remember with Chase, but I know with Cole in the very beginning I had complete placenta previa (that eventually resolved thank goodness) so I guess that means he was on the bottom middle?? Maybe he was slightly to the right lol.

I have another u/s next week, ill be 9weeks 6days. Can it still be used then?

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabies View Post
I can't tell if my 6 week us is flipped or not I wish I would have asked what side bean was on!

I don't remember with Chase, but I know with Cole in the very beginning I had complete placenta previa (that eventually resolved thank goodness) so I guess that means he was on the bottom middle?? Maybe he was slightly to the right lol.

I have another u/s next week, ill be 9weeks 6days. Can it still be used then?
I bet they could still tell you what side @ 9 weeks! Looking straight at the pic, what side is your bean on in your 6 week u/s? I *think* you have to flip them, because here is my 7 week scan from DD#2:

And here is this baby:

Def opposite each other. And in the pic of this baby the black circle on the right side of it if you are looking at it, is the cyst on my LEFT ovary. And you can see a little of my RIGHT ovary on the left side of the pic, by the baby....so I think you must need to flip the tranvaginal scans, maybe?

December 30th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The transvaginal scans are the flipped ones I believe. Not sure which the method goes off of?

DS was on the right of the transvaginal and this one is on the left

Wait no. This one is on the left of the abdominal

December 30th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is a really bad pic of a pic of my 6 week us but you can still see where bean is. I'm trying to see where my cervix is but I can't figure it out!
In this case I *think* my cervix is either on the right or left side. So wouldn't that mean that it's not flipped a full 180?

Last edited by Beachbabies; December 30th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
December 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASHWORTH View Post
The transvaginal scans are the flipped ones I believe. Not sure which the method goes off of?

DS was on the right of the transvaginal and this one is on the left

Wait no. This one is on the left of the abdominal
I think both can work as long as you can figure out what side it's actually on LOL. So your son was on the right of the t/v so he was actually implanted on the left?

December 30th, 2012, 10:55 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the flipping is all on how the u/s tech has the settings, not on whether it's transvaginal or not. I had 2 transvag this pregnancy and the (surviving) baby was on a different side each time. You'd have to ask them which side the baby is on. Also, to see what side it's on ON the picture, hold the picture over your tummy (facing out) and look. If you look at the picture and it's on the right side of the PICTURE it's on the left side of your BODY (if the image wasn't flipped). I hope I'm not being too confusing

There's also the nub theory (part of Ramzi's theory) which you can test around 13 weeks.
December 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I think my baby was on the right since he showeed me my ovaries and the right side (where baby was) is where the egg came from.
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

December 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's definitely an interesting theory! I'm not sure if it would help me guess right now because my two ultrasounds are different and I don't know which is flipped.

This was my sons ultrasound at 7w3d

This is this pregnancy at 7w1d

And this is this pregnancy at 6w0d

I have a tilted uterus and it took the tech awhile to get a decent view of the baby on screen so I'm really unsure which is the correct direction

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
Just want to say thanks because this is going to drive me crazy now!
mamalamb likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let me link my ultrasound. It was 6 weeks 4 days, and the baby and the placenta are on the left side (though in the image it appears the right because you have to look at it like a picture, so if you take a picture of this the picture will show ) and I also know because they showed me my right ovary and it was onl the other side

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 30th, 2012, 03:01 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it safe to assume that while doing an abdominal ultrasound, if baby was to the left of my bellybutton (though almost in the middle, closer to my left ovary) that's the left side?

Oh also, in one of my ultrasound pictures you can see where they have my left ovary marked. When they do the abdominal ultrasound, they show my my huge cysts (RIGHT ovary) and have to go to the other side (but again, still close to the middle, just left of center...) to find baby.

COME ON PINK!!!!

December 30th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Okay well now that I look at the picture, this must be one that is "flipped", considering it shows my left ovary on the left part of the picture... therefore for me to accurately portray it on my body, the picture would be FACING me.

Okay, now my head is just spinning. Please tell me I'm not crazy and that SHE is on my left side?

December 30th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You can't tell by a pic unless the tech wrote in the orientation of the probe. I read a huge thing on it written by a tech and that's what she said.

You have to ask the tech during the scan.
alittlelost likes this.

December 30th, 2012, 03:53 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Marla, looks left to me. I can even see where they marked it left ovary (ltov)
December 30th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so confused lol!!! I'm going to be sure to ask the tech at my scan in about a week so I know for sure.

December 30th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone have any guesses for mine? Lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
Anyone have any guesses for mine? Lol
I am going to say boy. But really as someone else said, they manipulate these ultrasound images pretty heavily to get the picture they need so unless you knew of a marker to which side was which during the ultrasound it really is a crapshoot. I only know mine because I know they went right to my right ovary that was the oppsite sie of the baby, putting the baby on the left, meaning girl. But looking just at your image, looking at it the way they say your supposed to, it looks boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by round2t View Post
Okay well now that I look at the picture, this must be one that is "flipped", considering it shows my left ovary on the left part of the picture... therefore for me to accurately portray it on my body, the picture would be FACING me.

Okay, now my head is just spinning. Please tell me I'm not crazy and that SHE is on my left side?
Yes, based on the Ramzi Theory your ultrasound indicates a girl And is a really good example as to how misleading ultrasounds can be because even some vaginal's are flipped while others are not.
alittlelost likes this.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I SO hope it's right <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search