I'm so sure I'm having a boy

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 08:25 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that I actually just considered buying a onesie in boy colors.
January 1st, 2013, 08:52 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
Will you be finding out the gender?
How fun to have a real gender feeling. I have no clue.
January 1st, 2013, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Its a crazy feeling to think you could have an answer in less than a month!
alittlelost likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That's awesome I'm feeling very strongly girl, but I think I *may* be mixing things up because I want a girl. I did have a girl dream and I have some of the girl symptoms according to old wives tales, BUT there's also some conflicting information: Chinese gender says girl on some calculators, boy on others lol. I did the baking soda test and the first time it didn't fizz, a day later it did. What the?!

With my boys I had boy dreams but other than that I didn't feel strongly either way. I also didn't have a desire for a specific gender, so that's why I'm wondering if my strong feeling is really a strong desire haha.

We'll see around 14 weeks! I found out Cole was a boy at 12.5 weeks, but that was unusual so I'm not expecting it that early this time.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
January 1st, 2013, 10:21 AM
I really hope for a girl, but don't think girl, so maybe if you feel girl Kellye it's because you're having one not just because you want one We'll all find out soon enough (either in a couple months or in less than a year lol) but it's amazing how strong a feeling can be.
January 1st, 2013, 10:35 AM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabies View Post
Wow! That's awesome I'm feeling very strongly girl, but I think I *may* be mixing things up because I want a girl. I did have a girl dream and I have some of the girl symptoms according to old wives tales, BUT there's also some conflicting information: Chinese gender says girl on some calculators, boy on others lol. I did the baking soda test and the first time it didn't fizz, a day later it did. What the?!

With my boys I had boy dreams but other than that I didn't feel strongly either way. I also didn't have a desire for a specific gender, so that's why I'm wondering if my strong feeling is really a strong desire haha.

We'll see around 14 weeks! I found out Cole was a boy at 12.5 weeks, but that was unusual so I'm not expecting it that early this time.
I am the same way. I feel girl, but I always wonder if I really think its a girl or if my want for a girl is just overshadowing my logic side I forced myself into thinking Orion was a girl (though I think I always knew he was a boy and that was why I shoved myself into playing stupid games and what not to reassure myself. This time, I feel girl, want girl, but expect boy.
alittlelost likes this.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

January 1st, 2013, 10:39 AM
Jessica, that's how I was when I was pregnant with my girl. felt and wanted girl, but expected boy. also, it's more common to get pregnant with a girl while breastfeeding
January 1st, 2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
Jessica, that's how I was when I was pregnant with my girl. felt and wanted girl, but expected boy. also, it's more common to get pregnant with a girl while breastfeeding
Oh I didnt know that! But yeah with my son, like everything said boy, everything. But I made every excuse to myself that they were wrong, he was a girl, blah blah blah. I even would play these dumb games while driving, like if the next car I saw was white or red it was a girl, blue or silver boy. I always saw blue or silver. But it was crazy the level of determination I had to make myself thing he was a girl o.O So even though I am not doing that this time, and most things say girl (but not all), I am hesitant. We shall see! I will do the nub theory and then a gender scan at the 3d/4d place at 16 weeks. Excited!
alittlelost likes this.

10-30-12

January 1st, 2013, 10:46 AM
I'm excited for you, too! I hope you get your girl!
January 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Thank you! I hope so too! Orion will be a great big brother to either gender but I would love to see him be sweet with a little girl <3 I used to watch a newborn when he was around 14 months and he loved her!

10-30-12

January 1st, 2013, 11:20 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I have no clue. I guess I think Boy but maybe it's because DH keeps saying 'he' and he really wants a boy. I know I feel totally different this time around than I did with my DD. With DD the cravings for fruits and fruit juices were so intense (and normally I don't really eat fruit and never drink fruit juice).

January 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my first was a boy (no ultrasound), and I was convinced my second was (no ultrasound), and my third and fourth. I'm not guessing this time! I'll probably be wrong!

January 1st, 2013, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I really hope for a girl, but don't think girl, so maybe if you feel girl Kellye it's because you're having one not just because you want one We'll all find out soon enough (either in a couple months or in less than a year lol) but it's amazing how strong a feeling can be.
Maybe so!!! Ill be finding out in 5 weeks! Eeek!

What has you thinking boy? A gut feeling? Or do any of the tests, theories, calculators or wives tales say boy?
alittlelost likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
January 1st, 2013, 12:36 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the feeling with both my kids and it turned out right. I feel like this one is a boy. Was very hard when we were in sears buying the kids clothes I wanted to get this baby clothes too but just in case my instinct is wrong this time i have to wait. But we are all getting pretty close to finding out

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
January 1st, 2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabies View Post
Maybe so!!! Ill be finding out in 5 weeks! Eeek!

What has you thinking boy? A gut feeling? Or do any of the tests, theories, calculators or wives tales say boy?
mostly because I want a girl, so it must be a boy And a gut feeling. The tests are all over the place for me. I don't feel as sick as I did with my daughter though, so that also has me thinking boy. 5 weeks is so soon! Yay! I MIGHT be able to get an IDEA on the 25th, but mostly likely I'll have to go back another 3 weeks after that to find out for sure.
January 1st, 2013, 05:36 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
I have this strong feeling this one is a boy ....I actually bought some onsies because they were a great deal and cute 4 boy ones and one girl one haha I can regift what we dont need.....
January 1st, 2013, 05:56 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a dream last week I had a little redheaded boy. Lol which would be odd since I dh and I both have light brown hair. my brother is a red head though so who knows. I still very much want this baby to be a girl.
alittlelost likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
January 1st, 2013, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I so very badly want a girl. However, after the gender disappointment I went through with my youngest I will not allow myself to even think of it. (well, I TRY real hard not to) I will only allow the family to speak of twinky in a boy sense. I am not yet looking at baby stuff just because what i want so desperately to look at will likely end up giving me heartbreak in the end, so for me, it is better that I do not. I have to remain somewhat distant until I hear the words, yes it IS a boy. I cannot allow myself any hope becuase I do not want to go through what i did last time. It was so very bad and so very awful and I still have tons of guilt over it, every. single. day.

I know some people will not understand this, and that is ok. I deserve any anger you might feel at my 'attitude' about it when I know some of you have been through such heartache to even get to this point and you would be completely happy with whatever you are given. I know I love twinky and will love him for whoever he is and I am sorry for whatever it is in my head or mind that is causing this reaction and wish that it wasn't there.
alittlelost likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 1st, 2013, 07:12 PM
Tinky, how you feel is normal. A lot of people go through gender disappointment. some people get angry about it because (imo) they just don't understand it. It's not that you don't love your baby, who happens to be a boy. It's because you don't have your baby girl, which is something you ALSO want. There is nothing wrong with wanting to experience the joys of raising a gender you think will be fun to raise. I hope you get your girl!
Tinky likes this.
January 1st, 2013, 07:43 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im feeling the same way. I have a huge feeling its going to be a boy (although I want a girl so bad!!) that I bought a huge lot of adorable boy clothes for $20 on bookoo that if it ends up being a girl Ill have no problem trading for something girl or selling and buying other stuff.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search