I'm being a worry wart

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By Allie_SMg
  • 2 Post By jessicag
  • 1 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By Jessmom
  • 2 Post By Papasgirl
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By Anchored
  • 1 Post By Irishgirl99
  • 1 Post By Diamond2009
  • 1 Post By Tinky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 07:59 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep freaking myself out. I have yet to see my doctor or have an ultrasound done. My appt is in 8 days and I'm scared they will tell me something is wrong. That I'm not really pregnant. I see all the sad stories of women whose babies have no heartbeat or its a blighted ovum etc.
I'm going to be 10 weeks on Thursday and 11 weeks at my u/s.
Am I the only one who feels like this? I hate that it's taken so long for me to see my doctor and I know that's one reason I'm stressed about it. That and the chemical pregnancy I had in October.

Should I be able to feel my growing uterus yet? Lol like when I feel on my stomach? I know doctors do this to measure the height of the fundus or whatnot. I can't feel anything but then again, I'm only 9w5d. It's supposedly the size of a grapefruit now.

Most of my symptoms have disappeared. I am starting to get my energy back and thankfully am no longer nauseous. My boobs are hardly even sore anymore.

Let's fast forward to next week.
Ray88 likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!

Last edited by Dandelion; January 1st, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
January 1st, 2013, 08:31 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im a couple days behind you and feeling exactly the same way!! I am so scared I havent been feeling pregnant.. but then again, my back still hurts, havent had anymore bleeding since I went to the ER at 7 weeks, and find myself craving occasionally.. so, thinking I am just panicking.. but it is so hard thinking of the little baby being so fragile at this stage and not worrying. Im right there with you. Fast forward to next week and we are both going to feel much better.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
January 1st, 2013, 08:45 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im only nearly 8 weeks and I dont feel pregnant at all. I had nausea on and off but never threw up and the symptoms keep going away. I never even got sore breasts just nipples, so I definitely feel you on this. im sure everything will be ok though.
Dandelion likes this.

January 1st, 2013, 08:48 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had two ultrasounds and have seen a healthy heartbeat and I still have the same fear as you. I go in on the 23rd for an ultrasound and Dr.s appt and I am terrified instead of a 12 week fetus it will be an 8 week with no heartbeat Its awful but I think it is pretty normal to fear it. I, like you, had a chemical in October as well and it's really hard to not be on constant alert of everything happening. I am sure we will both recieve the perfect news we want, but I certainly understand the fear!
Dandelion and Ray88 like this.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

January 1st, 2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. I've not had any bleeding or anything like that. I just am sort of stuck in limbo right now. Almost feels like the miserable 2 week wait. Fingers and toes crossed for us all!
Ray88 likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}

Last edited by Dandelion; January 1st, 2013 at 08:53 PM.
January 1st, 2013, 09:32 PM
Super Mommy
It's so stressful worrying so much about baby. I am also constantly anializing my every symptom. I have a week til my scan and I am terrified. I am not sure at what point I will feel relaxed.
Dandelion likes this.
January 2nd, 2013, 03:32 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I too am so nervous. After suffering through three losses this year, I don't feel very optimistic, but I am holding out hope that all of us who have suffered losses, and those that have not, have beautiful, healthy, strong HB ultrasounds that just send us over the moon with excitement. We deserve that! Praying for all of us!
Dandelion and Crystals InK like this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
January 2nd, 2013, 04:03 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Usually the fundal height doesn't rise over the pelvic bone until after 12 weeks. Try not to worry yourself. I'm sure everything is going to be fine! I wish there was a way you could have peace of mind in the meantime. *hugs*
Dandelion likes this.
January 2nd, 2013, 04:15 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have also had 2 ultrasounds, seeing HB on both and I'm still terrified that there will be something wrong. :\

For feeling your uterus, I am slightly uncomfortable if I lay on my stomach- but not much.I think it's because of my tipped uterus though. By any chance is yours tipped? That could be part of it
Dandelion likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 2nd, 2013, 05:09 AM
Mommy of 3
I'm in the same boat as you and I know I'm going to be a nervous wreck when I finally go for an ultrasound.
With my daughter I didn't have one til 15 1/2 weeks and that was a torturous wait but everything was fine. Hope everything is fine for us all this time!
Dandelion likes this.

January 2nd, 2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
I have also had 2 ultrasounds, seeing HB on both and I'm still terrified that there will be something wrong. :\

For feeling your uterus, I am slightly uncomfortable if I lay on my stomach- but not much.I think it's because of my tipped uterus though. By any chance is yours tipped? That could be part of it
Nope. I did forget that it pops out from your public bone around 12 weeks lol thanks alittlelost. I do feel a hardening in lower belly when I'm standing or laying on my side. Just not when I'm on my back.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. once I see the baby and heartbeat I'll feel so much better. It just seems like it's been forever since I got my at 3 weeks. Some days I feel like I made it all up lol but nope, I'm pregnant.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
January 2nd, 2013, 05:30 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I've already had 2 ultrasounds & I worry.. I think its just the nature of the beast.. Even when we know everything is okay, & have no real reason to suspect anything is wrong.. We worry anyways! I'm sure your baby is growing just perfectly hun!

January 2nd, 2013, 05:42 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's so hard, but try to be positive! I'm nervous, too, though! My next ultrasound is on the 14th. I don't know how I'm going to wait until then! I'm still really sick though, so that is comforting... but I hope it starts to subside soon.

January 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I know how you feel since joining this group i have never been so paranoid about any of my other pregnancies. I guess seeing all these bad things happen to people on here makes you more aware of what could happen. I'm sure everything will be just fine T&P
Crystals InK likes this.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

January 2nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
I'm 6.5 weeks and this morning my breasts just weren't as tender as they usually are. I've yet to feel nauseas, other than when I'm hungry), so I feel you!! I saw a heartbeat last Friday so I can rest a bit easier. But that's proof you can have few symptoms and still have a normal pregnancy to date!
January 2nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
I worry that even with the breast tenderness and nausea there won't be a baby, or baby quit growing. I had a blighted ovum three years ago.....Terrifies me that I won't have a viable pregnancy....

I agree though try to remain positive.

January 2nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I could have written those words myself. Every day I have to talk myself out of going to the ER just so I can know there is actually a baby growing and not my imagination. I cant even call to schedule an appt with my regular doc until monday when they reopen from the holidays. Then I have to wait for tricare to approve the referral and then I have to wait to get in at OB. I know there is light at the end of my tunnel, but from where I stand I cant see it at all.
Crystals InK likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Crystals InK's Avatar Regular
I havent been to the DR. yet at all either. I plan to wait to even "TRY" to schedule until after I hit the 12 week mark. I have another month to go of uncertainty, I understand how you feel. I have to stop myself from running to the E.R. when I feel no symptoms, but then a day later im as sick as a dog. Even right now as Im having my lunch I am quizzy and I immediately get tired after I eat...that however doesnt mean that I have a healthy baby, it just means that I do in fact have a pregnancy hormone running through my body. I am scared too, I think we all are in a sense..your deffinately not alone. T&P!!!!! <3

January 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
I totally feel the same way. I havent had my appt yet either. I go next week too. I have been stressed worrying about everything and anything. Hopefully good news next week. Hang in there.
Christina
January 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks ladies Hopefully you all won't have to wait too much longer to see the Dr.

Lol @ the wanting to go to the ER. I have the same urge but then again I don't want to be in the way of someone who actually has an emergency. Plus, a ER co-pay of $180 blows.

{ chemical 10/26/12}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search