Migraines

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else suffer from migraines? I'm one of the unlucky few that actually have their migraines worsen during pregnancy. The first time around they ended up giving me fioricet to help, but I don't think it was until the second trimester. I had to go to L&D three times because of them. Mostly because I ended up so dehydrated.

I was really hoping this time around would be different, but it doesn't look to be that way. I was really sick on Monday and had to leave work early. Yesterday I was okay, but it seems to be creeping back again. Tylenol does nooooothing. I'm so bummed! Last time it was bad until about 20 weeks. It's so much harder to deal with this time since I have a 3.5 year old to deal with as well. I feel like I'm spending all my non-working time in bed or on the couch.

January 2nd, 2013, 09:46 AM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
I actually suffer from migraines as well. Not ever diagnosed as having them, but that's exactly what they are.

Dr.'s around here won't diagonse unles i'm in the process of having one. LOL so ridiculous. Mine are cluster migraines that mimic a stroke. My hand/s go numb, then it goes up my arm, into my mouth, affects my speech and vision. They're awesome!

So far I've been pretty lucky and have only had one since I found out I was expecting. It has also been the first one in like 3 months.

I really hope they ease up soon, sweetie!!!!

January 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi there, popping over from the June DDC. I suffer from them too. My doctor called in Fioricet and Fioricet with Codeine because sometimes the first one without just doesnt' do anything.

I am starting to get one now, grrr.

Good luck, hope you feel better!

~Kristin~
January 2nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess136 View Post
Hi there, popping over from the June DDC. I suffer from them too. My doctor called in Fioricet and Fioricet with Codeine because sometimes the first one without just doesnt' do anything.

I am starting to get one now, grrr.

Good luck, hope you feel better!
When did they prescribe it to you? I'm trying to hold out as long as I can, but it's so hard with work and everything. I figured I'd wait until my next ultrasound (14th) to start asking.

January 2nd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ View Post
I actually suffer from migraines as well. Not ever diagnosed as having them, but that's exactly what they are.

Dr.'s around here won't diagonse unles i'm in the process of having one. LOL so ridiculous. Mine are cluster migraines that mimic a stroke. My hand/s go numb, then it goes up my arm, into my mouth, affects my speech and vision. They're awesome!

So far I've been pretty lucky and have only had one since I found out I was expecting. It has also been the first one in like 3 months.

I really hope they ease up soon, sweetie!!!!
That is crazy regarding your dx. I was diagnosed with migraines at 14. And then in my 20's with chronic migraine/ chronic daily headache. I've seen all kinds of people and tried all kinds of different treatments to no avail. Basically, I've been told that it should get better with menopause. Eeep!

January 2nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
I do get them too, but so far so good this pregnancy. Just a few minor headaches here and there.

I hope they stay under control prior to your appointment! (and after, too!)

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search