How do you plan

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
to incorporate older siblings?

My DS is 7, will be 8 by the time baby is born. At that age I figure he's old enough to understand, etc. But what/how do you plan to make older siblings involved?

January 2nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
Super Mommy
I'm the oldest of 4. My parents gave us gifts each time. I remember when my younger sister was born I received a GameBoy (Original one lol) I was 6.

My DD is only 2 so I will probably do books to help her get the concept. She actually picked an Elmo one up the other day. I was so close to buying it but my Mom was with me and she doesn't know yet.

January 2nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We aren't positive yet, but definitely something we're thinking about! Especially for my son, who will be 4 when the baby is born. My step kiddos are older (will be 9 and 8 when baby is born), and they have a little brother from their mom already, so we don't think it will take them much to accept the baby and be used to the idea.
My son, on the other hand, is crazy attached to me and we worry about how he will accept sharing me with another child.

We've had a few suggestions- like having each of the kids buy the baby a stuffed animal or something, and then after the baby is born having the baby "give" them a present back.

Other than that, we're planning on having them come along when it's time to go shopping, maybe to a few appointments (the easy ones). We've also decided that we will discuss the baby names with them before making any decisions, that way if they have any input we can take it to heart and maybe let them help pick a name or middle name

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search