O/T - What a night.

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By c'est_la_vie
  • 1 Post By c'est_la_vie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
So I went to see a band play. This is a little more dicey area of Miami, but I've been there so many times, it doesn't even phase me. There are some crack addicts that hang in the area and beg for change, but last night one of them had a severely injured dog with him.

The pup was behind a bus stop, just panting and laying in the grass. Ugh, it was heartbreaking. My friend & his GF saw them & was like Debbie.. Help us find help! So I made calls to connections with through my activism, & I was able to have a friend come down & take him to a 24 Emergency Vet. Not without a fight from his "guardian" as he called himself. The man was clearly high, and demanding we all give him a dollar in order to give help to this suffering dog. He said that the dog was hit by a car FOUR days (but maybe even longer, some of the wounds had already looked healed) & that he was fine. He just needed food & water. Well, a few of his crack addict friends were told him to back off, & that these people are taking the dog regardless of what he thought, and we were able to have my friend pull up & drive off with him.

So far the news is awful, the pups leg was SHATTERED, like completely broken & detached in 3 places. Absolutely horrific, plus a hip injury and injection, but he is going to be okay. In the process as well, my friends GF donated 200$, a random guy who was out of town for the show gave $40, and through my activism community we got together another 510$ (as of last night). The bill is going to be 3000$ after surgery, but the main thing is, the pup is SAFE. The money will come eventually, it always does in our community.

AND I was still able to catch the band I went to see!

Oh & I ended up naming him Winston, since the venue we found him outside of was called Churchill's. The crack addict owner called him Red, Alex & Anthony, but we didn't want that little guy to be stuck with the memory of that horrible guy.

January 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw what a night, but thays so great that you got the pup help.

January 6th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy you got that poor little guy some help!! So many people would have just walked away, such a shame.

Keep us posted on him please!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
that warms my heart! Where is the dog going after he's healed? P.s. - my dog, aka my second child, is named Winston.

January 6th, 2013, 09:58 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's going to happen to him now? Are you or a friend going to adopt him?

January 6th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww I'm soooo happy you guys crossed paths with Winston. Who knows what would have happened to the pup if you hadn't helped him. Please keep us posted on how he's doing, who he goes home to, etc.

It sounds like you belong to an awesome animal activism community.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
January 6th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
How awful. You guys did the right thing. So gald to hear the dog will be alright. Some people in this world are sick in the head.
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013
Miscarriage at 8 weeks 1 day November 27 2014

January 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
He is at the Clinic till Tuesday at the earliest, he has surgery Monday for his leg. We are in the process of finding him a home right now. He is such a sweet little guy too, Unfortunately my son is severely allergic to all dander, so with me is out of the question. But he will get an amazing home, I'm sure of it!
Tinky likes this.

January 6th, 2013, 10:58 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im glad things are looking good!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
January 6th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG, that makes my heart break! I really hate people like that. I'm so glad you got him the care he needed and are giving him some good loving!
January 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I am so glad you happened aong. poor Winston. May his life only get better from this point on!

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 6th, 2013, 09:13 PM
singnmommy23's Avatar Member
You are awesome!!! I am a vegetarian and have worked extensively with animal rescue after a large natural disaster in my hometown. I wish I had more time to do it or had started out in a career in it. Thank you for helping Winston! He is off to bigger and better things.

Wife to Josh since 7/07/07

Ian 9/16/02
Isabella 12/22/07
Irena 7/22/10

January 7th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Awe, thank you for all the kind words. He had minor surgery yesterday & was prepped for surgery that will take place today. They said that hopefully with a steel rod in place he will be able to heal & probably use his leg again. But at the very least, they have treated the infection & will be able to set the bone back together again so that he can finally start to heal.

He really is just the sweetest thing. I can't imagine being so sweet after all he has been through. Everyone at the clinic has said that he is truly a great little pup. It's also very very obvious that he had previous human companions, because he is very well trained. We plastered his photo on FB so hopefully if anyone notices him, they might be able to find his original owners. If not, we're still working on a forever home for him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search