Cravings?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Regular
Anyone else having crazy cravings that you HAVE to satisfy, if so, what are they? With my first pregnancy, and my recent loss, I never really had any cravings, although I guess maybe I wanted Mexican food more than usual with my son. This time around, I have been craving fresh Vietnamese spring rolls like mad! I went to the grocery store last night and spent about $50 on ingredients, but was too tired to make them. Today I had the energy to make them, and they are nothing short of orgasmic! All the flavors just POP and I had to stop myself after eating four of them. DH is a picky eater and won't touch them, so I think I'll be eating nothing but spring rolls all week. I put rice noodles, avocado, asparagus, carrots, orange and red peppers, cilantro, cucumber and cooked shrimp in them, and made a dipping sauce with garlic chili sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, hoisin sauce and fresh ginger. To all you ladies with nausea, I'm sorry
Jhendrickson and Fins like this.
January 6th, 2013, 03:23 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mmmm sounds yummy! I ate a lot of spring rolls with my #4. With him my biggest craving was pizza, we had that 1-2 times a week. Dh loved that craving.

This time its steak and v8 spicy and soup. Mmmm soup.
akwags likes this.

January 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my only major cravings are fruit and juice but spring rolls sound okay. I'd probably eat some
akwags likes this.
January 6th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Soup, egg rolls, tomatoes, and refried beans with homemade tortillas. Not all at once though.
akwags likes this.
January 6th, 2013, 04:01 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been pretty sick but when I'm not, I'm craving salads, peanut butter, cheese, pickles, cheetoes, mexican food, and steak.
akwags likes this.

January 6th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any actual cravings but I've noticed that sometimes my food tastes soooo good! I'll have to stop myself from eating too much.
ElliotsMommy13 and akwags like this.

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
January 6th, 2013, 05:38 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
I had spring rolls today. They were AWESOME

With DD I was always craving Pico De Gallo and with the nausea it actually helped calm it down. With this pregnancy I've been all over the place with cravings. Two nights ago I just had to have a salad, and at 10 pm I went to the store in freezing cold weather to get ingredients for my salad. It turned out to be probably the best salad I've had in a while!
dansgirl and akwags like this.

January 6th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Omg I made myself a homemade chicken salad (cause dh wouldn't buy me one from Zaxby's cause he said I wouldn't eat it all which is probably true). It was sooooooooo good. I'm for sure making me one for snack tomorrow. Might even take it to school.
akwags likes this.

January 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been pretty nauseaus practically all day, but I get a taste for bologna and mustard which is really odd. It's probably been like atleast 20 years since I've had bologna.
akwags likes this.

January 6th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Bread and butter pickles.
akwags likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Regular
You're all making me hungry, and I've already eaten half of a banana, a granola bar, and a bagel, egg and cheese sandwich, and I've only been awake three hours. Although the spring rolls were tasty, they weren't very filling, because I woke up this morning starving, and subsequently, felt queasy for the first time this pregnancy.
January 7th, 2013, 06:58 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
When I'm not nauseous, I get cravings whenever I see or hear people talking about a certain food lol so far on my list there have been: biscuits from red lobster, potato soup from Ihop, a hot turkey and swiss sandwich, pulled pork sandwich, french fries, a blizzard, sour patch kids, and an apple the most consistent craving though has been a salad, but not just any salad, a side salad from burger king I dont know why but man are they delicious lol
January 7th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
ANYTHING with sugar (went to the commissary the other day and bought literally 8 bags of clearance Christmas candy ), string cheese, grape soda (there's that sugar again), and pickles.

Completely different than with my son- with him I craved Hardees thickburgers for the first few months, Mexican 7 layer dip, steak. My stomach turns at the thought of that all right now
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mac and cheese! I want some country buffet Mac and cheese, but no one to go with since SO hates that place, haha. I'm going to attempt crockpot Mac and cheese tonight.

January 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Cheesy eggs and homemade pizza. I made a homemade pizza last week that I had to stop myself from eating before I even cooked it. It just smelled SO good. Oh, and cold, cold milk. I've been craving cold milk like crazy.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 7th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
Food is still tasteless to me. I'm having a hard time deciding on anything to eat! I get hungry a lot but the thought of eating has no zest for me. I've been living on hummus and cashews and v8.

January 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first I didn't have many cravings, more aversions. This time around I have been craving ice cream really badly. And burgers.

I have also noticed that things don't taste right to me. Like I'm really sensitive to everything. Soda from the fountain is always weird. I had ice cream yesterday and it tasted off. Everything is just kind of weird unless it is totally fresh.

January 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Brussle sprouts and a broccoli and cheese baked potato from Wendy's ...not together! Oh and ice cold milk, which is weird I never drank milk
January 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM
tparum's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to tparum Send a message via Yahoo to tparum
lets see theres fried pickles I crave like crazy and white chocolate I crave honey

Allways Remembering our Angels
Angelina Marie 08-02-99,William Dewayne 02-08-01,Thomas Ray 07-30-02 and BabyBean 02-22-08 and BabyBean 03/02/2012
January 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Veteran
I've had cravings for raw veggies which is a good thing I guess...and pizza... Today it was Rice Krispies cereal with chocolate chips!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search