Anyone else a teacher?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
I teach third grade and we go back tomorrow after a nice long holiday break. I am 7 weeks and just terrified that morning sickness is in its way and I will have to deal with that and 23 students all day!! I also have NO idea how i will stay awake all day . Maybe I'll be one of the lucky few who don't get it. Anyone else a teacher?
January 6th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a teacher but currently am a SAHM. I student taught through my first pregnancy and had a hard time with it in the beginning, and then taught through most of my 2nd pregnancy. I started teaching from my stool a lot more and I actually slept during lunch.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
January 6th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Ha! I love the idea of sleeping during lunch. Maybe I can sneak away to do so!
January 6th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah it was mostly during the first trimester that I had to do that. I had to lock my door or a million people and kids would try to come in.

I really hope you feel ok! It can be hard to stay on your feet all day and keep it together for a bunch of kids. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
January 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was until may, 2011. I then became a SAHM. I taught during my pregnancies with #3 and #4 and boy I don't miss it.

Btw I have a 3rd grader, so thank you for teaching babies like mine

January 6th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
I teach 8th grade science...and I am so scared to go back tomorrow. I have been sooo tired and nauseous.
January 6th, 2013, 07:26 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Ugh i teach second grade and my husband teaches 8th grade... I am dreading tomorrow and its just a teachers work day!!! I have a mini fridge in my class and I bought some orange juice to keep in my room along with some cashews and almonds. I am hoping that it helps. My Ob suggested taking my prenatal at lunch time because it turns up my nausea as well. Hoping for the best... On the bright side ladies, we just have to make it til the end of the school year and next school year FMLA will keep us home til almost christmas break or after to be with our little nugget!

January 7th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Hi. I am a second grade teacher. I am 10 weeks pregnant today. Stock your draw with ritz crackers. it really helps me. Also, i am exhausted by the end of the day. SOmetimes I try to take a cat nap during my prep period if i can. otherwise i am in bed by 8 Good Luck
January 7th, 2013, 04:46 AM
singnmommy23's Avatar Member
I am an elementary school librarian (so yes I am still a teacher) but taught first grade through pregnancies 2 and 3. It sucks at the beginning but the positive side is when we are all huge and feel miserable we won't be at work. I would much rather deal with this part of it than at the end when I can barely waddle in the door. LOL. I am thankful today is my open day and not my day full of classes. With DD#2 I locked the door and would lay on a beanbag on the floor for a nap or put my head down at my desk. I don't really get a plan time anymore because I have the doors open all day but I'm so tempted to take one at the end of the day before I go home to my kids and all the noise and chaos that goes with them.

Wife to Josh since 7/07/07

Ian 9/16/02
Isabella 12/22/07
Irena 7/22/10

January 7th, 2013, 08:56 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
I am a substitute teacher and teach 3 days a week. I am very thankful I have 1 more week off of work because I always feel bad in the morning. I also know that I probably won't be very busy when school does start because teachers don't want to take time off work when they had 3 weeks off. I hope you ladies start feeling better soon because being a teacher is one of the hardest jobs there are

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
January 7th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Ugh--I felt HORRIBLE this morning--gagging like crazy the whole way to work and at least through the first hour. Terrible! I feel fine now, but this morning STUNK. I am exhausted already and half the day is still to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search