No baby bump yet?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm 9w 3d and I dont have a bump except for when I'm bloated :/ I know alot factors into when a bump will start showing, but shouldnt I have a hint of one by now? I know that my uterus has grown, I can feel a little pooch whenever I'm standing up but I dont have a bump its my first pregnancy and I'm pretty small for my height, when do you think I'll start showing?

Also, does anybody know what kind of sushi is safe to eat? lol I like mine fried in tempura and typically the only fish in it are salmon, tuna, and crab...I havent ate any since finding out I was pregnant but man do I want some sushi!

Last edited by mrskfet; January 7th, 2013 at 06:40 AM.
January 7th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's your first pregnancy and completely common to not have a bump yet! Some people show really early but I think a lot of first time mom's don't really pop until they're further along-- I don't think my teeny tiny bump with my son was visable until 15 weeks lol

As for sushi, you can check the lists of fish to avoid (high mercury) and I think if the ones you like aren't on it you're safe. However, I don't think you're supposed to eat the raw ones while pregnant but I could be wrong- but yours are most likely cooked I think?
Tuna, I read, isn't very low in mercury and should be eaten in moderation. Crab I think is fine though

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 7th, 2013, 07:23 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 9 w 4 d with my 4th and no bump yet . I am 60 lbs heavier than my other 3 pregnancies though. With my first I didn't get asked when I was due until around 24 weeks, so a little bump was there probably around 18 weeks. In the am though when my bladder is full if I lay on my back I have a bump.

January 7th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I don't know much about sushi, since I don't eat seafood, but it's completely normal not to have a bump yet. With my first, I don't think I had a really visible bump until I was closer to 18 weeks.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 7th, 2013, 07:26 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first, I didn't even START to show until 5 months. I didn't look pregnant until 7 months. At 8 months, when I was admitted to L&D due to Pre-E to be induced, the nurses told me "If you're under 20 weeks, you're supposed to be in the ER" I said, "Well, I'm 36 weeks." and they said, "Are you sure?"

Um, yeah, pretty **** sure *eye roll*

With my second and third, I didn't show to 4-5 months either.
January 7th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I had a visible bump until around 14-15 weeks with my first. I still don't have much of a bump with this pregnancy at 9 weeks. I can see that I'm rounding out though. I think I just look a little chunky to everyone else. lol

January 7th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Regarding sushi--no raw fish or shellfish while pregnant or fish high in mercury.
January 7th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Here's a helpful list
Pregnancy and fish: What's safe to eat? - MayoClinic.com

Crab and salmon are both on the safe list for you It's got a blurb about watching the tuna though so if you do eat tuna I would do it sparingly!
mrskfet likes this.

*Thank you to

January 7th, 2013, 07:35 AM
So basically I have a long way to go until I start showing darn it!

Jamie, I did find one pretty complete list of seafood that shows how much mercury is in each but its so extensive that I'm worried the fish I used to eat is caught in the wrong region Here's the list if you want to take a look

Mercury Levels in Fish : American Pregnancy Association

Lost, do you know if crab and shrimp are considered shellfish? I thought it meant only oysters, clams, mussels, etc. but good ol DH pointed out to me that crabs technically have a shell :/

I could never eat raw fish so no worries on that end lol
January 7th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Hang on, let me find the list my Obs office just gaveme! It has a whole thing about fish on it

It says

Quote:
Eat up to 12 ounces a week of a variety of fish and shellfish that are lower in mercury. Commonly eaten fish that are low in mercury include shrimp, canned light tuna, salmon, pollock, and catfish. Make sure all fish are well cooked.

Albacore (white) tuna has more mercury than canned light tuna, therefore you should limit to 6 ounces per week or avoid in your diet. Tuna steak should be avoided.

You can check the mercry level in local species of fish at the FDA food safety website
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~frf/sea-mehg.html

*Thank you to

January 7th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Lost, most women in their first pregnancy don't start showing until the 4/5/6 month area.
January 7th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I also think crab is fine to eat- I researched crab last week because we were going to Red Lobster and that's what I wanted.

*Thank you to

January 7th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskfet View Post
So basically I have a long way to go until I start showing darn it!

Jamie, I did find one pretty complete list of seafood that shows how much mercury is in each but its so extensive that I'm worried the fish I used to eat is caught in the wrong region Here's the list if you want to take a look

Mercury Levels in Fish : American Pregnancy Association

Lost, do you know if crab and shrimp are considered shellfish? I thought it meant only oysters, clams, mussels, etc. but good ol DH pointed out to me that crabs technically have a shell :/

I could never eat raw fish so no worries on that end lol

crab and lobster are shellfish. I've heard they are safe, but my doctors always told me not to eat those things (I craved it with my DD) That was years ago and maybe things have changed since them (more knowledge available)

Last edited by alittlelost; January 7th, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
January 7th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Regular
I think I started showing around 13-14 wks. with my first, and I am an average sized woman. Although I could have hidden my bump for much longer if I had tried. I'll be 7 wks. tomorrow, and I'm still able to hide my bump, although I notice it when undressing.
January 7th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
Here's a helpful list
Pregnancy and fish: What's safe to eat? - MayoClinic.com

Crab and salmon are both on the safe list for you It's got a blurb about watching the tuna though so if you do eat tuna I would do it sparingly!
This list is PERFECT! Nice and simple with clear yes, they are safe lol thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
crab and lobster are shellfish. I've heard they are safe, but my doctors always told me not to eat those things (I craved it with my DD) That was years ago and maybe things have changed since them (more knowledge available)
Thats what my DH thought too though he is all for me eating whatever I want, even things I'm not supposed to, in moderation (I dont though, thank goodness for self control)
January 7th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm almost 10 weeks and on #3 and I still can't tell if I have a teeny bump or just some leftovers from my 8 month old

With #1 I was super lean but still didn't get a bump until about the 5th month. With #2 I think it was around 12-13 weeks that I noticed a little bump. I remember being so impatient with my first- I wanted a bump sooo bad.

It will come eventually, and when it does it will be adorable

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
January 7th, 2013, 09:31 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't start showing with my first until about 20 weeks, then with my second it was about 12-14 weeks....and yeah this time? I look about 5 months already and I am 8 weeks LOL. I think it's totally normal!

January 7th, 2013, 10:36 AM
321abc
With my first pregnancy you could barely tell when I was 20 weeks! People would act shocked when they heard I was pregnant. Usually the smaller you are the later you will show
January 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Crystals InK's Avatar Regular
I am pregnant with my 3rd right now, and due to have a tilted uterus you start to show earlier..However I am not showing yet. My face is a little fuller now than it has been so I just look overall pretty healthy. I am only 5 foot 2' and usually around 120lbs So I am expecting to show alot sooner than I did before, but with my FIRST PREGNANCY I wanted the bump soooo bad and didnt get it until arounf 6months. I know its not something you want to hear, but DONT be disappointed because the weight you gain during pregnancy is not as easy to loose as you think, and it caused me Post Partumn depression because I had never been so big in my life..Got up to 180lb (remember Im 5'2) :/

And as far as seafood goes, its safe to check the mercury levels and all but ultimately its NOT UP TO YOU lol its completely up to that baby in there as to how your going to end up taking it. I went to red lobster the other night @ 8weeks and enjoyed every bit of my Crab, Lobster, and shrimp but the next day I felt like I had gotten drunk the night before and had the worst hang over EVER...I PUKED ALLL DAY LONG!!!!! Baby Hormones just did not agree with seafood..lol Thats just me though, everyone is different. Just take it easy, This IS afterall the 1st trimester. Good Luck

January 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
With my DD I didnt show until around 6-7 months. Right now im only 7 weeks and it looks like im 3 months LOL.

As far as sushi goes, I avoid it all together while pregnant just because you dont know how it's being handled, etc. If I want to eat fish I buy it fresh and cook it myself just to be on the safe side.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search