High BP during Pregnancy

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So one of my local friends asked me last night if my BP was high. I know it's been high the couple of times I went to dr from the stress of bleeding and then a nasty phone call I got right before my first appointment. She said that instead of nose bleeds when I get stressed and my BP raises I get spotting.

This also makes me wonder if it's contributing to the migraines I'm getting lately. So for those of you ladies that might know, what's it like and what can the dr do for it?

I developed Pre-E with DD so will this raise the chance of developing it again? Because I had Pre-E does that increase my chance of high BP this time?
January 7th, 2013, 07:02 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had Pre-E with my oldest but not with my 2nd or 3rd child. Sorry, that's about as helpful as I can be. I don't know much about this stuff.
January 7th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Veteran
usually they say that high blood pressure is the silent killer because people wont feel symptoms, but a lot of people i do exams on say that they just didnt feel "right" they knew something was wrong... the migraines may be due to the hormone levels but maybe it could be associated with high bp... do you know what readings you are getting? and depending on your numbers the doctors could put you on a medication, sometimes blood pressure can be controlled with diet and exercise.
January 7th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I've always heard that The Brewer Pregnancy Diet can be helpful in controlling high BP in pregnancy. Have you ever heard of it?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 7th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearsty20 View Post
usually they say that high blood pressure is the silent killer because people wont feel symptoms, but a lot of people i do exams on say that they just didnt feel "right" they knew something was wrong... the migraines may be due to the hormone levels but maybe it could be associated with high bp... do you know what readings you are getting? and depending on your numbers the doctors could put you on a medication, sometimes blood pressure can be controlled with diet and exercise.
The first time was 155/90 second was 145/85. Not sure the last time I went to dr. Don't have the cuff and stethoscope to do it myself at home. With me on bed rest, exercise is out, I used to exercise 5-6 days a week so this is killing me. And as for diet, I do about 1400 calories a day, no caffeine, lots of fresh fruit and veggies, minimum carb, high protein. I've lost about 10 pounds so far since I found out I was pregnant. So my diet is good I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
I've always heard that The Brewer Pregnancy Diet can be helpful in controlling high BP in pregnancy. Have you ever heard of it?
I haven't but will look it up! Thanks.
January 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Veteran
This is what worries me the most about being pregnant again. I had PIH with my son starting at 36 weeks, no pre-E but put on bed rest and extra monitoring. I didn't have it with my daughter when I was pregnant, but my BP shot up around 2 weeks postpartum and I have been "prehypertensive" ever since - probably stress induced! I think pre-E is most common in first pregnancies, but if you are higher now, they may consider it your baseline and maybe give meds if you go over a certain parameter. There is also the "white coat syndrome" where it is higher in the doctor's office than it is at home in a less stressful environment. I check mine at home because of this, my BP is usually 10-20 points higher at the doc's. I will definitely be checking out that Brewer diet too!
10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

IVF#1 - June '14
24 eggs, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI
4 blasts sent for PGS, 2 chromosomal normal boys

IVF #2 - September '14
January 7th, 2013, 12:59 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
This is a concern for me again. Last pregnancy I suffered from Hypertension. When I went to the doctor appt with the nurse it was already high at 5 weeks. So I have to really watch my sodium intake and I don't work when I am pregnant either. I got horrible migraines with my last pregnancy and I am already having headaches, but it's hard to say if its hormone related or BP issues.

January 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I got my BP done today while I was at home just folding laundry, 128/83 and pulse was 76, so I'm not sure if BP is my issue. I do think it is stress related, this weekend had moments of high stress and when I was under that type of duress I had like old blood spotting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search