Mommies to more than 1 child

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 11:13 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you noticing anything different or similar this pregnancy then with your other(s)? Symptoms? Cravings?

For me, it's the complete opposite than with my son. I had day time sickness with my son, but evening nausea with this one.

I craved sour and spicy foods with my son, but sweets and fruits and veggies with this one.

I was exhausted all the time with my son, but have a little more energy with this one.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

January 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far I would say it's a pretty good mix of my first two pregnancies. With our first DD, I really didn't have morning sickness, wasn't that tired, gained a ton of weight, and craved sweets. Then with DD #2, I had TERRIBLE morning sickness, was exhausted, only gained 25 pounds, carried a lot different, etc. We REALLY thought she would be a boy because of it but nope she was a girl LOL! This time I have been sick but not quite as sick as last time I don't think...we'll see!

January 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
Everything is different this time. With Phoenix, who's 7, I remember not having any nausea, my boobs didn't hurt. . . .

With this one. . . complete opposite. I have constant nausea if I don't have something to snack on at all times, My boobs hurt so bad it's unreal.

And I cannot sleep due to peeing every 2 hours.

January 9th, 2013, 11:21 AM
KnitterLaurel's Avatar Super Mommy
So far, everything is exactly the same as my other two pregnancies. I think I am a bit more tired, but that probably has more to do with having two kids than with being pregnant. lol

January 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everything is opposite with this pregnancy and the one with Chase...

With him I craved meats, greasy stuff, and spicy stuff. This time I am craving sweets, and fruits, and veggies.

With Chase I my chest never hurt. My boobs are soooo sore it's ridiculous! (except today haha)

With Chase I didn't have any nausea or morning sickness. I haven't really thrown up this time, but my nausea is much worse.

And lastly, with Chase my energy level was fairly normal. This time I could literally sleep all day, every day. I have to stop myself from taking naps!

Secretly I'm hoping this is pointing towards a little girl BUT, will be over the moon with another boy too!
KeLLiC09 likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 9th, 2013, 12:00 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Craved meat and vegetables with my boys, craved fruit and sour things with my daughter. This time, craving fruit.

Has nausea with my boys but only puked 1-2 times. Severe nausea with my daughter, puked multiple times a day. This time, nausea but no puking.

Had morning sickness only with my boys, all day sickness with my daughter. This time, all day sickness.

Had energy with my boys and was really tired with my daughter. This time, really tired all the time.

Smells didn't bother me when pregnant with my boys. With my daughter, bad smells made me vomit. This time, very sensitive nose, bad smells have made me dry heave a few times.

Have a feeling it's a boy, mostly because I haven't puked at all.
January 9th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
This one has been pretty much the same as the others.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 9th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Veteran
My first two children (both girls) I just had to regular morning sickness in first trimester. But in my 3rd pregnancy in 2007 with my son, I was diagnosed with hyperemesis. I was bed ridden for that whole pregnancy. In and out of the hospital get iv's and such. I lost so much weight because I couldn't keep ANYTHING down. My body was barely surviving to make it. I ended up get induced at 36 weeks because my doctor feared for my well being. He weighed exactly 6lbs. I honestly believe that it was because it was a boy. With this pregnancy I'm thinking that its a girl because of how my symptoms are similar to first two pregnancies with my girls.
Jordan 6-15-07
& surprise #4 on the way August 20, 2013!

January 9th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So far it's a mix of the first two.

Severe nausea like with DS, only no projectile vomiting-thank goodness but it's still early, lol.

Extreme exhaustion like DS, only I have to stay awake for the kids. However when I finally get to go to bed, can't sleep like with DD

All I want to eat is tomatoes and drink water. Similar to DD-I craved oranges the whole pregnancy with her. And dr pepper.

Mild breast tenderness-similar to DD's pregnancy.

Losing weight-Similar to DS's pregnancy.

Gassy-New symptom that I didn't have with either previous.
January 9th, 2013, 09:00 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Honestly this is more similar to my loss than my other pregnancies with my daughters. I ate like crazy with the baby I lost, gained ten pounds in the 13 weeks I was pregnant!!

January 9th, 2013, 09:14 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
I feel like this time around it's opposite than with DD.

With DD I was throwing up every morning. This time I just have nausea ALL day (without throwing up).

I had a lot more energy with DD than I do now. I feel sooo drained!

I was never moody with DD and now Im on edge LOL

January 9th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
It's a little different this time.
With my first I was sick from the morning and it would be over by dinner or earlier. I puked everyday.

This time I'm sick all day and all night, but I'm puking more occasionally. But not near as often as I did last time.

As far as cravings I go, I don't think I can expect too much difference because when I feel so sick I will eat mostly the same things. I eat a lot of oranges and grapes, but I don't even remember what I was snacking on the last time.
January 10th, 2013, 07:00 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's lined up more with my daughter's pregnancy. Craving meat and protein. With my boys I craved fruit and sweets ALL the time.

The only thing different this time than all of babies, I'm nauseous and I dry heave some, but I'm not vomitting, which I hope continues, well the not vomitting part.

January 10th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Similar but not.
With the girls dull queasiness & constant hunger. That's the same.
With the girls lots of pimples and dry hair. Less pimples and oily hair this time.
With the girls not constipated. I am this time.
With the girls craving sweets. Craving meat,cheese & sour this time.

January 10th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mommy of 3
Mine is like a mixture of my two previous pregnancies.

With ds I had extremely sore boobs, covered in blue veins.
With dd they never hurt once, never had blue veins.
This time they were very painful the first 2 days. Slightly sore now when I lie on them, and covered in blue veins.

With ds I was just nauseous. Never car sick
With dd I got sick every morning for two weeks. And was car sick a lot.
This time I've only gotten sick once. Feel more nauseous than with ds but less than with dd. but I get car sick a lot

So I h ave no idea what this one is. I'm leaning more towards boy at the moment but that could change tomorrow lol

January 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
Somewhat different from the last three.

1st DS all I wanted spicy foods and meat. 2nd DS I couldn't stand looking at, cooking, or eating meat. I only wanted pasta and fruits. I haven't been able to eat meat since that pregnancy starting in 2002. 3rd DS all I wanted was fruits and veggies. I felt good throughout all 3 pregnancies.

This time I felt nauseous up until a week or two ago, but never actually got sick. The only time I've been nauseous was with my 1st miscarriage in 2001. My boobs were so sore at one point it felt as though they were binded together. I have been so tired I have actually fallen asleep if I sit still long enough. I’m kind of moody with this one unlike the others.

I'm still eating lots of fruits this time.
January 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
totally opposite for me. With DD I was soooo sick, but no sore boobs and I craved fruits and fruit juices like mad.

with this one I have crazy sore boobs, just a tiny bit of nausea and I'm not craving anything. Plus I'm still spotting and I didn't have any spotting with DD. It's freaking me out. I'm debating on whether to call my OB today or not.

January 10th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The only similar thing really is how tired I am. I always get extremely exhausted. The length of my morning sickness was the same (about 3 weeks) but the severity isn't (this time was way worse). I am breaking out which has never happened to me in pregnancy before. I am also emotionally all over the place, which wasn't the case with my other pregnancies.

My cravings are always all over the place, but I have been wanting salads and veggies more than usual.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
January 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my son I was sick but not as much as I was with my daughter. With my daughter I was always throwing up. This time I am nauseous but not throwing up.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
January 10th, 2013, 05:53 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
My ds I only thre up in the first trimester..my dd I threw up 90% of the pregnancy...I was more tired with my dd but I think that was bc I was workinbg full time and chasing a two yr old...this time i'm nauseous all day and it only goes away if I eat ... haven't thrown up but face is breaking out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search