Log In Sign Up

So over today (rant)


Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
January 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 722
I am so mad at the world. And stressed. And scared. But mainly mad. I have had my appointment scheduled since about a week before Christmas, DH just asked for it off today. He cant get it off. We only have 1 car. UGH! Its my own fault because I wasnt even sure if I wanted to go tomorrow because I'm not sure how our insurance is going to work since we dont have a copay and only have a deductible! DH JUST told me he couldnt get it off. I knew there was a possibility this morning but I still cant believe it. My OB office closes in two hours and my mom says I'll probably get charged a penalty if I cancel because I didnt give a 24 hour notice. I just want to cry I dont even know what to do anymore. DH feels bad for not getting it off, I feel bad for telling him I'm mad at both of us, mom thinks I should go anyway, DH sounded sad at the thought of me going without him even though the next time they could get me in isnt until the 22nd, best friend wont tell me whether or not she'll walk with me tomorrow even though she says she wants to go, and I dont want to go alone because if I get bad news I will die oh and the dog threw up twice. In different spots. Cant wait until today is OVER.

UPDATE::: Kev just called and told me his boss is letting him have the day off!! I started crying. Dang hormones
__________________
Name: Brielle but everybody calls me Bri (or Brie or Bre or breezy....)
Birthday: Jan 24th, 1992
Age: 20
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by mrskfet; January 9th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
January 9th, 2013, 11:14 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,998
(((((Hugs))))) That stinks I'm not sure what I would do...are you planning on doing any of the first trimester screenings or NT scan? If you were wanting to get any of that done, you should probably still go if you can, because from your ticker, if you wait until the 22nd you will be too late for that I think. If you aren't planning to have any of that then you *could* just wait, I'm not sure if my OB office charges for last minute cancellations but I don't think they do?
__________________
























Reply With Quote
  #3  
January 9th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 363
*hugs* I'm sorry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
January 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
(((((Hugs))))) That stinks I'm not sure what I would do...are you planning on doing any of the first trimester screenings or NT scan? If you were wanting to get any of that done, you should probably still go if you can, because from your ticker, if you wait until the 22nd you will be too late for that I think. If you aren't planning to have any of that then you *could* just wait, I'm not sure if my OB office charges for last minute cancellations but I don't think they do?
I have no idea what a NT scan is :/ Turns out DH got the day off after all so that takes alot of the worry away
mamalamb likes this.
__________________
Name: Brielle but everybody calls me Bri (or Brie or Bre or breezy....)
Birthday: Jan 24th, 1992
Age: 20
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
Reply With Quote
  #5  
January 9th, 2013, 11:29 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,998
Oh good!!!!!!!
__________________
























Reply With Quote
  #6  
January 9th, 2013, 11:33 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,904
glad they are letting him have the day off. Out of curiosity, were are you from? I've never head of anyone call it "get it off" before in reference to getting the day off lol Is that a UK thing or regional? (I'm always curious about this kind of stuff!)
__________________
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!
Check out the Attachment Parenting Board for Effective Parenting Solutions.
PM me if have questions about autism, TTC gender swaying, natural childbirth, going "vaccine-free", or if you are looking for gentle discipline advice.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
January 9th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,682
*hugs* That is a hard situation I'm sorry

My advice? I would still go. I am sure your doctor would rather see you now than in 2 weeks, being it's your first pregnancy, and you'd almost be out of your first trimester by time the 22nd rolls around.

I understand the thought of being worried about something bad, though. I have it every appointment but my husband is never able to take off work to come with me. If I waited around for him, I'd never see a doctor I would really keep the appointment- hubby can go to the next one I'm sure there is no need to worry!
__________________


*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*




Reply With Quote
  #8  
January 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T Dot
Posts: 7,512
Yay Glad DH got the day off. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.
__________________
Mommy of 3 blessings here on earth
Juvon 16 Lyric 12 Janiyah 4
& 2 in heaven

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses


Reply With Quote
  #9  
January 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskfet View Post
I have no idea what a NT scan is :/ Turns out DH got the day off after all so that takes alot of the worry away

Well yay!! Nevermind on my previous post! The new replies didn't load before I replied! haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
glad they are letting him have the day off. Out of curiosity, were are you from? I've never head of anyone call it "get it off" before in reference to getting the day off lol Is that a UK thing or regional? (I'm always curious about this kind of stuff!)
I say the same thing, I thought it was a common phrase?
mrsmckenzie1 and Jblady12 like this.
__________________


*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*




Reply With Quote
  #10  
January 9th, 2013, 11:41 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 931
glad he was able yo get the time off! good luck!!!!

Oh and i say "get it off" too
__________________
~Jen






Reply With Quote
  #11  
January 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,904
Is it? I've honestly never heard anyone say that! I hear people say "get the day off" but never "get it off". I thought it must be a regional thing. Guess not!

Just asked my husband--he's never heard of it that way either HAHA. Maybe it's regional to NOT say it that way? But we're from NJ, PA, and FL. We have family in NY, OH, OK, GA, AL, NC, SC, TX, and MI. We have friends in CA, NV. I know people online from all over the world and have been parts of dozens of message boards. I can't believe it's so common and I never heard it before! Super interesting!
mrskfet likes this.
__________________
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!
Check out the Attachment Parenting Board for Effective Parenting Solutions.
PM me if have questions about autism, TTC gender swaying, natural childbirth, going "vaccine-free", or if you are looking for gentle discipline advice.

Last edited by alittlelost; January 9th, 2013 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
January 9th, 2013, 11:58 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 722
Lost, I'm from Indiana lol it is really interesting you havent heard that before! I love hearing all the differences in speech too (accents, slang, sayings, etc.). Super cool!
__________________
Name: Brielle but everybody calls me Bri (or Brie or Bre or breezy....)
Birthday: Jan 24th, 1992
Age: 20
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
Reply With Quote
  #13  
January 9th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
Is it? I've honestly never heard anyone say that! I hear people say "get the day off" but never "get it off". I thought it must be a regional thing. Guess not!

Just asked my husband--he's never heard of it that way either HAHA. Maybe it's regional to NOT say it that way? But we're from NJ, PA, and FL. We have family in NY, OH, OK, GA, AL, NC, SC, TX, and MI. We have friends in CA, NV. I know people online from all over the world and have been parts of dozens of message boards. I can't believe it's so common and I never heard it before! Super interesting!

lol that is crazy!
I'm from NJ and I say it, DH is from NC and he says it too!
__________________


*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*




Reply With Quote
  #14  
January 9th, 2013, 03:09 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
lol that is crazy!
I'm from NJ and I say it, DH is from NC and he says it too!
Do you say it like this:

I wanted the day off but I couldn't get it off? That would make sense, grammatically, because it is a pronoun and will agree back to the closest agreeing noun (meaning that "it" would refer to "the day"). However, I don't see why someone would say it that way instead of just saying "I couldn't get the day off like I wanted." or "I wanted the day off but my boss said no" or one of the hundred other more (to me) logical ways to phrase that.

However, when someone says "I couldn't get it off to go to an appointment" like that (which I've never seen before now), I have no idea what they are talking about lol (and it IS improper grammar). I was able to figure it out in this context because she went on long enough in her post for me to use context to see what she meant, but I definitely thought that was strange. Maybe it's a younger generation thing? I know grammar has gone to crap since I've been in school, so most people younger than me are saying things that don't make sense They all seem to understand each other, but I'm always left scratching my head, trying to decipher

This is totally the kind of thing I would correct my kids for saying because I'm neurotic about proper grammar, so even if it's common slang, I'd tell them there are ways to express themselves without using incorrect grammar. Boy, they are gonna hate me growing up if that's how everyone talks these days
mrskfet likes this.
__________________
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!
Check out the Attachment Parenting Board for Effective Parenting Solutions.
PM me if have questions about autism, TTC gender swaying, natural childbirth, going "vaccine-free", or if you are looking for gentle discipline advice.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
January 10th, 2013, 04:30 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
Do you say it like this:

I wanted the day off but I couldn't get it off? That would make sense, grammatically, because it is a pronoun and will agree back to the closest agreeing noun (meaning that "it" would refer to "the day"). However, I don't see why someone would say it that way instead of just saying "I couldn't get the day off like I wanted." or "I wanted the day off but my boss said no" or one of the hundred other more (to me) logical ways to phrase that.

However, when someone says "I couldn't get it off to go to an appointment" like that (which I've never seen before now), I have no idea what they are talking about lol (and it IS improper grammar). I was able to figure it out in this context because she went on long enough in her post for me to use context to see what she meant, but I definitely thought that was strange. Maybe it's a younger generation thing? I know grammar has gone to crap since I've been in school, so most people younger than me are saying things that don't make sense They all seem to understand each other, but I'm always left scratching my head, trying to decipher

This is totally the kind of thing I would correct my kids for saying because I'm neurotic about proper grammar, so even if it's common slang, I'd tell them there are ways to express themselves without using incorrect grammar. Boy, they are gonna hate me growing up if that's how everyone talks these days
I will be the first to admit that I am AWFUL with grammar definitely not my strong point in school. But, alot of my friends do say things the same way I do so maybe it is generational
__________________
Name: Brielle but everybody calls me Bri (or Brie or Bre or breezy....)
Birthday: Jan 24th, 1992
Age: 20
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
Reply With Quote
  #16  
January 10th, 2013, 05:29 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskfet View Post
I will be the first to admit that I am AWFUL with grammar definitely not my strong point in school. But, alot of my friends do say things the same way I do so maybe it is generational
I'm guessing so. BUT I have to say overall your grammar isn't AWFUL. There are some people I can't even understand (and am surprised that other people can). And not having the best grammar isn't your fault either. I think the decline started even before I finished school. The education system has been on a steady decline. I'm scared to see my children's generation. Already we are seeing kids in high school who can't read. That said, my generation used "get it off" and "get off" too, but not for work--it was more straight slang and was a sexual reference, which kind of makes it a bit funny to me to hear it being used so casually LOL I've never been big on slang of any kind though. It annoyed me that people who went to school with my growing up talk that way, when I know *they* were taught better. They are wasting an education that many people today would love their kids to receive. Of course, I'm not suggesting people talk like pretentious snobs, either, but I prefer them talk clearly enough that I can comprehend what they are trying to say. But, to each their own. I just don't like hearing those same people whine about not being able to get a job or a raise, as though they can't figure out why.
__________________
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!
Check out the Attachment Parenting Board for Effective Parenting Solutions.
PM me if have questions about autism, TTC gender swaying, natural childbirth, going "vaccine-free", or if you are looking for gentle discipline advice.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
January 10th, 2013, 07:52 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,328
I'm happy he was able to get the day off
__________________
Kelli
Wifey to Mike since 06.21.03
Mommy to Nathan James born 11.20.09
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13




Reply With Quote
  #18  
January 10th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richlands NC
Posts: 3,348
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
That said, my generation used "get it off" and "get off" too, but not for work--it was more straight slang and was a sexual reference, which kind of makes it a bit funny to me to hear it being used so casually

teehee that was my thought when I read your first post asking about the wording.
__________________

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
Reply With Quote
  #19  
January 10th, 2013, 08:12 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,668
Glad he could go!
__________________

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
January 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
Do you say it like this:

I wanted the day off but I couldn't get it off? That would make sense, grammatically, because it is a pronoun and will agree back to the closest agreeing noun (meaning that "it" would refer to "the day"). However, I don't see why someone would say it that way instead of just saying "I couldn't get the day off like I wanted." or "I wanted the day off but my boss said no" or one of the hundred other more (to me) logical ways to phrase that.

However, when someone says "I couldn't get it off to go to an appointment" like that (which I've never seen before now), I have no idea what they are talking about lol (and it IS improper grammar). I was able to figure it out in this context because she went on long enough in her post for me to use context to see what she meant, but I definitely thought that was strange. Maybe it's a younger generation thing? I know grammar has gone to crap since I've been in school, so most people younger than me are saying things that don't make sense They all seem to understand each other, but I'm always left scratching my head, trying to decipher
P
Grammar, punctuation, spelling etc. is a strength of mine. In my journalism classes we got marked down 10% for every error! However; this is an informal environment and I have occasionally made typos or other mistakes and don't think twice about it. I like how people often write how they speak on here, it makes communication more personal.

Anyways, I'm so glad your husband was able to get the day off Let us know how it goes!
__________________

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0