New here - due 8/31 - scared no symptoms!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Diamond2009
  • 1 Post By Minbad
  • 1 Post By Ray88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Veteran
I'm totally fishing for stories of people who had morning sickness with some pregnancies and NONE with others! I'm expecting my 4th, but this is my 7th pregnancy. I had strong symptoms (nausea, food aversions, sore breasts) by this far along in my 3 live birth pregnancies. (I'm 6 wk 5 days.) This time I have only very mild, very intermittent queasiness. I'm scared! I have an u/s scheduled for 7 wk 4 days (had been for 7 w 2 d but couldn't find a sitter and had to reschedule). I am trying not to stress since it won't change the outcome, but I can't help feeling this just can't be good... :-/
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12
Baby #4 - BOY!!! - due Aug 31, 2013
January 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
321abc
I haven't been as queezy this time as I was last time.
I wouldn't worry unless you start cramping badly or bleeding.
January 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats!!! There are a few women on here who havent had morning sickness with their pregnancy so dont worry too much about lack of symptoms looking forward to getting to know you!!
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 10th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats!
I didn't have any morning sickness with my son in 2009 either. This time around it hasn't been bad at all, just bouts of nausea here and there. I wouldn't worry about it

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 10th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Every pregnancy is different. I dont have many symptoms either but everything is perfect with baby. and enjoy not having symptoms so far
angelbabiesmama likes this.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

January 10th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm pretty much in the same boat you're in. With my previous 3 pregnancies, I had all day nausea and felt miserable. (My third pregnancy ended in miscarriage but not til 13 weeks.) This pregnancy, I have off and on queasiness. It's not NEAR as bad as the other times and to be honest, I have no clue if it's from being pregnant or from the progesterone I'm taking. I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Wednesday and I'm praying that everything's alright. It just seems so weird and not "right" since it's not like my other pregnancies.

Did you have nausea with your miscarriages? Were they too early for that?

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
January 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Congrats(: but im sure your fine.dont stress
January 10th, 2013, 11:41 AM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
Congrats on your pregnancy and try not to worry yourself!
January 10th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had severe symptoms with DS and nothing with DD. This time around symptoms are pretty moderate. Good luck at your appointment.
January 10th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Veteran
jkbaxter612 sounds like you are in a similar situation! I have an u/s on Wed also and will find out then what is going on, but I'm wondering if the progesterone I'm on would delay miscarriage bleeding for a while even if the pregnancy is not viable? My first m/c I started spotting right at 4 wks before even testing and assumed it was AF. I was 6 wks before I even realized I was pregnant, and had been spotting/bleeding the whole time. HCG was 50 and falling. So I never know how to answer "how far along were you" with that one... No pregnancy symptoms. 2nd m/c I had hcg and progesterone checked the day after my bfp. Hcg was low, but it was early. 4 days later I started spotting (on a Sat). Mon I had another hcg check (still spotting) but woke up Tues morning (5 wks) to full on m/c bleeding. No pregnancy symptoms. 3rd miscarriage my first and second hcg checks looked great. 3rd sample they lost (!!!!) so had to go back only to find out at 5 wks 6 days my hcg had gone up only 50% in a week. I was put on progesterone. 4 days later I started spotting (hcg was still rising slightly) and 2 days after that I miscarried (heavy bleeding at 6 wk 5 days). I never had strong symptoms with that pregnancy either. Basically, I've never had a successful pregnancy where I didn't have obvious symptoms this far along, and I've never miscarried when I DID have obvious symptoms. I am trying to remain optimistic but also want to prepare myself in case I hear bad news Wed. I just can't shake the feeling that if pregnancy hormones affected me that much with 3 healthy pregnancies, I can't possibly have a healthy pregnancy with virtually no symptoms. And the fact I took progesterone from bfp on this time, I feel like I can't take comfort in the lack of bleeding. I opted not to do the hcg checks this time as they caused so much anxiety last time and it's hard to drive 40 min each way for bloodwork with 3 kid's... I know if I'm going to miscarry it will eventually happen even on progesterone, but I fear the progesterone could be giving me a false sense of security. I know it seems crazy to obsess about what can't be changed but with my history it's hard not to.

Hopefully I'll be around for the duration and get to the point where I post more than my neurotic rants lol!!
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12

Last edited by Minbad; January 10th, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
January 10th, 2013, 01:17 PM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only had a few instances of mild quesiness/yuckiness. Not even to the point that I would need to throw up. Just feel yucky. So yes, I am in the same boat as you!

I have read that every pregnancy is different. My OB has 4 boys and had ZERO morning sickness with all of them. So it just depends. I know it is reassuring to have it, but it doesn't REALLY mean anything. And we are both still pretty early...the sickness could be lurking down the road!

Try not to worry

January 11th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Veteran
Thanks! I alternate between panic that I just *know* something's not right, and realizing there's nothing to do but wait and worry won't change anything. I guess I feel like I have to brace myself for the worst next week too, I don't want to think all is great and find out it's not. Not that knowing last time made it easier, necessarily...
jkbaxter612 likes this.
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12
January 11th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats. Try not to stress about symptoms each pregnancy can be different. I had horrible sickness with my miscarriage and barely any symptoms with this pregnancy and so far so good.
jkbaxter612 likes this.

January 11th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Super Mommy
It's impossible not to worry. One thing I found worked well for me: I would allow myself "worry time." For about 20 minutes a day when I was alone and could stress, I thought through all my worries and allowed myself some crying time. Then for the rest of the day, I'd ignore my worries and focus on other things.
When I first read the idea, I thought it was ridiculous. I found it really helped, though.
FX for your ultrasound next week! I hope it all goes well.
January 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Veteran
That's an interesting idea... I may have to try that - thanks!
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search