You guys, I CANNOT STOP EATING!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By mamalamb
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By mamalamb
  • 3 Post By alittlelost
  • 2 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By PhD_Bound_Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 08:40 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I seriously am going to end up gaining a ton of weight like I did with DD#1 if I can't get ahold of myself!! I went from puking all day and not being able to eat ANYTHING to being starving all the time and needing to eat CONSTANTLY

I had dinner with my kids, which was pasta and butternut squash. Fine. Since then I have had 5 Cutie oranges, a bunch of pickles, a bunch of olives, more squash, a bunch of cheese and crackers, and I am STILL HUNGRY I also had a huge breakfast and lunch!

I am going to make myself start walking tomorrow a few miles and hopefully I can maybe do some light jogging once I hit 2nd trimester, because I am out of control!!!!!!!!!!
ElliotsMommy13 likes this.

January 10th, 2013, 08:50 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear insatiable hunger is a boy sign LOL I was that way at the beginning of my pregnancy, before I lost one of the twins. Now it's calmed down a bit in that regard.
Momma2Chase likes this.
January 10th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Omg I went through this, now I'm back to eating n getting nauseous. My husband call me greedy n still do cause I ate EVERYTHING IN SIGHT

January 10th, 2013, 09:04 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I hear insatiable hunger is a boy sign LOL I was that way at the beginning of my pregnancy, before I lost one of the twins. Now it's calmed down a bit in that regard.
We'll see! I was NEVER like this that I can remember the first two times, this is ridiculous!
alittlelost likes this.

January 10th, 2013, 09:21 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
We'll see! I was NEVER like this that I can remember the first two times, this is ridiculous!
Check out this article:

Hungry? Might be having a boy!

"Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden have found that women who were carrying a male embryo ate on average 10 percent more calories than women carrying a female embryo."

"women expecting a boy had an eight percent higher intake of protein, a nine percent higher intake of carbohydrates, an 11 percent higher intake of animal fats, and a 15 percent higher intake of vegetable fats than women who were carrying a female embryo."

"The researchers hypothesize that the signal from the fetus responsible for the higher energy intake of women carrying a boy could be related to the strongly anabolic testosterone secreted by the fetal testicles; however, further research is needed."
January 10th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Quote:
Check out this article:

"Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden have found that women who were carrying a male embryo ate on average 10 percent more calories than women carrying a female embryo."

"women expecting a boy had an eight percent higher intake of protein, a nine percent higher intake of carbohydrates, an 11 percent higher intake of animal fats, and a 15 percent higher intake of vegetable fats than women who were carrying a female embryo."

"The researchers hypothesize that the signal from the fetus responsible for the higher energy intake of women carrying a boy could be related to the strongly anabolic testosterone secreted by the fetal testicles; however, further research is needed."
I hope this is true cause we need another male in this house hold

January 10th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Check out this article:

my husband just read this over my shoulder and said "haha! I told you you're having a girl!" He's been on this girl kick from day 1, and according to this, he might be right. I've been eating mostly less and a lot less carbs/meat, and tons of fruit. I feel like I eat a lot though, cuz I snack all the time. That's a really interesting study though.

January 11th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Lost, that's too funny you even mentioned that! I hadn't heard that before but with my son, the reason I knew I was pregnant before I tested was because I was absolutely STARVING nonstop! It didn't pass until somewhere in the second trimester, I think.
My pregnancy after him (a m/c) was the exact same way.

The pregnancy has been different, while I have moments of "OMG I'm starving!" It is nothing at all like with my son. It wasn't even one of the first symptoms I had (like with him)- it's been a semi new development

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 11th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going back and thinking about each of my previous pregnancies, and with DS I was hungry but couldn't hold anything down that first trimester and most of my second. Then when I could hold down food all I wanted were veggie trays and meat.

With my daughter I was ALWAYS hungry. But it was only for fruit or chips and salsa.

This time, I'm not really ever hungry, I eat because I start to get dizzy or nauseated. And even then I don't know what I want to eat. So I reach for tomatoes because that just sounds good compared to other things. (However when I do the gender guesses it's all tied up on whether boy or girl, lol. So I guess we will see when it's time to see what this little one is!)
January 11th, 2013, 07:21 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yup, I'm starving every 20 minutes, lol

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
January 11th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Veteran

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by angelbabiesmama; January 24th, 2013 at 07:52 AM.
January 11th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm starving all the time. Food is always on my mind lol

Last night I gorged myself on carrot sticks and dip. Yummy

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
January 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Carrots, celery, cucumbers and ranch sound so good right now. I would throw in tomatoes but I'm out of those, lol.
angelbabiesmama likes this.
January 11th, 2013, 09:14 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Check out this article:

Yeah, if I'm not eating, I'm thinking about eating. I am trying real hard not to eat too much because I don't want to gain weight. I just lost 15 pounds and I usually gain alot when pregnant. The weight makes it difficult. I am already overweight. If I don't eat though, I am nauseous.

I noticed right away that I am craving protein. Which is very odd for me. I usually wants carbs and sugar. When I was pregnant with my girls, but later on, I couldn't get enough fruit! So, here's hoping it's a boy! But, I'm not getting my hopes up!

Last edited by mirdeemrlvs; January 11th, 2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: added words
January 11th, 2013, 09:23 AM
321abc
Me too! But I don't ever feel like eating. It's weird. But I have to eat or I'll get sick. I don't remember being hungry like thistle last pregnancy I was just really sick.
Maybe this means I'm getting a girl!!
January 11th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
Interesting that it is a sign for boy--I am hungry every hour almost! I'm thirsty too--I could drink and drink and drink. Then I pee, and pee, and pee
January 11th, 2013, 09:29 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Oh yeah.. I was like that for a while. It slowed down some now, but oh wow. I was soooo hungry all the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search