When does the placenta fully take over?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These cysts are kicking my butt My doctor said they will start shrinking once the placenta takes over and they stop being the source of progesterone, but as of last night they're killing me. I have two of them in my right ovary... they're directly next to one another, they look like big ol' buttcheeks on the ultrasound , and it doesn't feel like they're getting any smaller! One is 6cm and the other is 5.5cm (as of my ultrasound 3 weeks ago).

Earlier on I would feel the throbbing and occasional sharp stabbing pain from them but lately it is more intense and more things "trigger" the sharp pain. Any time I cough or sneeze or change position or stand up I get "stuck" for a few seconds while my insides unwind. It's hard to explain but it feels like someone is grabbing my ovary and squeezing or twisting it like wringing out a towel... it subsides within 10 seconds or so but its really intense!

So... anyone know when these guys will pack their bags and leave for good?

January 12th, 2013, 08:33 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Awe, I'm so sorry hun. That sounds so crummy

The placenta typically takes over around the 12th-13th week. So the end is near!

January 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After the 1st trimester. I hope it subsides for you soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search