tilted uterus

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Irishgirl99

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Normally I wouldn't question it because all uteruses (uterii? ) are different but my doctor brought it up twice today... my uterus is apparently tilted forward.

Other than the obvious, my uterus being tilted, what does this mean? Does it pose a threat of complications of any sort?

Thanks!

January 14th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Mommy of 3
Mine is tilted too. Usually as the pregnancy progresses the weight of the baby will pull it into the correct position. I never had any complications from it
KeLLiC09 likes this.

January 14th, 2013, 03:33 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^^^ ditto. Mine is tilted but it tilts back later in pregnancy. For mine...it makes my cervix in a weird place so paps can SUCK. But no complications or anything

January 14th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Mommy of 3
Oh actually yeah about paps sucking. I remember my first appointment with ds the midwife was doing the pelvic exam and she was like I can't find your cervix! Lol
So wasn't too pleasant while she tried to find it but not too bad since

January 14th, 2013, 04:16 PM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
Mine is tilted backwards. I don't think it causes any complications. It's just annoying when they're down there trying to get the right angle.
January 14th, 2013, 04:32 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a tilted uterus too and its never caused issues, though it makes it hard for internals and I show soon.

January 14th, 2013, 04:36 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yes, I've gotten the "I can't find your cervix" comment too many times to count In fact at my appt this week they wanted to do a pap and she was like "huh...your cervix ix...." and then she proceeded to move the speculum all around....NO FUN....especially since things are all sensitive down there now. So we decided we would wait until after baby

January 14th, 2013, 05:30 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
Mine is tilted also. When I had my internal u/s last week, she had a hard time seeing the baby and ended up switching to a regular u/s. Other than that, I've never had any complications other than with my 2 sons, the doctor had trouble finding the heartbeat with the doppler at pretty much every appointment.

January 14th, 2013, 07:32 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My uterus is tilted back. When I first heard that the doctor said it was "just a different form of anatomy" and nothing was wrong with it. In pregnancy it should temporarily correct itself and I am hoping it does!! I have already been experiencing a sore back. I dont need more!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
January 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is tilted too. It does suck when you are trying to find an h/b early on and it took longer for my cervix to move forward in labor, but it doesn't hurt the baby or cause any risks at all.
It's just more annoying than anything

January 14th, 2013, 08:28 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is tilted , it makes it hard to find the cervix, mine usually stays tilted during pregnancy. With DD2 they actually mentioned that that may have been the reason I wasn't really dilating at first, and why pushing was so difficult, because her head was coming down in a weird position due to the tilt of the uterus. (However she was also sunny side up so who knows!)

January 15th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is tilted too (backwards). My doctor said it'll straighten in "a few weeks" (which should be around now, I think) and not to worry about it.
The tech did have a little bit of an issue getting a good image of the baby at my early ultrasounds because of it. She almost couldn't pick up the HB but did luckily

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 15th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
mine is tilted as well. I remember when I was pregnant with my DD my doctor said that it might mean having 'back labor'.

January 15th, 2013, 09:39 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is tilted too and I didn't have any problems.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search