Mitro valve prolapse and pregnancy

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 11:30 AM
321abc
I was diagnosed with a mild case in junior high. No treatments.
It's starting to bother me though during this pregnancy.
I feel palpitations more often and they make me
Feel panicky (always have) I just worry about fainting and dropping my son or not being able to take care of him because I passed out. I haven't ever passed out but sometimes everything gets fuzzy and my palms start swetting. I have to talk my self down. It doesn't hurt when I feel it skip or flutter or whatever it is, it kind of feels like a knocking from
The inside of my chest and then I feel like I need to cough.
My ob said it is probably worse because my body is adjusting to having more blood and my vessels are dialating. I don't even see a cardiologist regularly when I was 16 or so he told me I didn't need to come back that it hasn't progressed in the last couple of years. If I did go back to see a cardiologist
It would have to be another, he was a pediatric cardiologist.
Anyway, does anyone else have this?
Can anyone relate?
January 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I do not, but my online friend who is due early september does. She is being sent to her cardiologist to look into the problem and see about a plan.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 15th, 2013, 12:06 PM
321abc
I remember having some of these same issues with my last pregnancy. My mom reminded me. It's not life threatening. My ob said to give my body time to adjust. And not to worry unless I have pain or shortness of breath. I just get a little freaked out if I think too much lok
January 15th, 2013, 01:17 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have Prolonged QT syndrom and pregnancy makes me tachycardic. I have similar problems with palpitations, which are very very frustrating. I was diagnosed when I was 15 after a series of fainting spells and finally catching a big event on a monitor. I have been seeing a cardiologist from then on. My last pregnancy it caused a huge problem at 36 weeks when my tachycardia kicked in. Prolonged QT is basically the heart taking logner to push blood back out, so when you heart starts beating very very fast, it was bad news. I ended up having a huge cardiac episode that almost lead to them taking my son at 36 weeks via c-section. I was put on beta blockers and monitored weekly by both my ob and my cardiologist. The tachycardia did not go away after pregnancy and I was supposed to see an electrophesiologist but that did not happen before we became military and moved. Also, my cardiologist decided it was to much of a risk to labor nautrally and risk a similar cardiac episode, so I have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks 4 days.

This pregnancy, I see a cardiologist every 6 weeks and have continued monitoring and echo check ups. I see my OB more often and they are in constant communication with my cardiologist. Heart issues are not something to take lightly. Especially if you are struggling with symptoms. I would seriously recommend being seen and evaluated. My doctors all knew about my heart issue while pregnant with DS but it became obvious how much of a potential problem it could cause.

If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. I know how scary it is to wonder what is happening, when another incident may happen, ect; I struggle with wether I really want to try to VBAC even if I have no cardiac episodes because it may just be an uncessary risk. Its a huge decision, anythign that has to do with your heart is. I hope that you can bee seen and begin being monitored, even if just precautionary.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

January 15th, 2013, 03:48 PM
321abc
I'm not really worried.
MVP isn't life threatening at all. I don't even have palpitations every day. I think the issue is that I am so tired from this pregnany. Fatigue can worsen symtoms.
I'm an advocate for my own health so if I really feel worried I will be seen. I think I overreact because I'm not used to feeling them. I've never felt them more
Than once a week so every time I notice I freak out. I'm
Sure if I were to be used to them it would be more of an annoyance than anything.
Thank you for taking the time to write back!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search