WOW I guess Italy and America don't agree (re: MMR vaccine/autism link)

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 3 Post By jkbaxter612
  • 1 Post By Beachbabies
  • 1 Post By alittlelost

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Italian Court Rules MMR Causes Autism

Italian Court Rules MMR Causes Autism - AGE OF AUTISM

On a side note, I neither think MMR does or does not cause autism. Un-vaccinated kids get autism, too, be it less often.

What I do know, is that my son was a typically developing child who was talking before he received his MMR. When he received his MMR, within 12 hours became violently ill, high fever, projectile vomiting. He didn't talk again after that until he was 4 1/2 years old, after YEARS of therapy. His cognitive and motor skill development also slowed/stalled significantly. He was ultimately diagnosed with Autism.

I do think perhaps a "build up" of vaccines in his system contributed to HIS autism; I also realize that if the vaccine hadn't triggered it, something else MAY or may NOT have ultimately triggered his autism. The other thing I know, is that many, many parents can tell this exact same story. We had a lot of success with a chelation treatment to detox some of what the vaccines put into his system. But we have not been able to fully "cure" his autism.

Looking back in our family history, we see this is a pattern among children (especially boys) in our family (which makes me wonder if biology somehow plays a role in who will and will not be predisposition-ed to have a vaccine reaction). That's why we personally don't vaccinate, but also why I think other people are fine vaccinating. With any other medication on the market, it is noted that some people react with benefits, and other people react with complications, making each medication a good fit for some people and not for others. I see no reason vaccines would be any different.

I'm posting this in hopes everyone can respectfully discuss their thoughts on vaccines and why they are or are not right FOR THEIR FAMILY. History on this board tells me everyone here is capable of sharing what has made vaccines right or wrong for their family without telling other people they are wrong with what is right and wrong for their own family. I'm also particularly interested in opinions/thoughts on the Italian Court ruling. At any rate, I think it's something interesting to read and think about.

I definitely respect that some people feel vaccines are right for their family, as well as that some people think they aren't. I also realize that for many of us, autism isn't the only factor that concerns or does not concern us
January 15th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
THIS is an interesting read. I am curious to see the points of view to come.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I was reading on one website where they said this hasn't been reported in the American news. Sort of a bit of a 'black out' going on surrounding this.

"The complete lack of coverage of this case in the US media is a potent example of how health information is flat out censored in the US. Is it any wonder so many Americans are still in the dark? Whether hearing about this case in the US media would sway you to believe vaccines may cause autism or not, the REAL story here is the fact that you’re not even being allowed to learn about it in the first place!"

Italian Court Reignites MMR Vaccine Debate
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
January 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Veteran
I'm declining the MMR vaccine just due to how controversial it is, in my opinion it isn't worth the risk.
January 15th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's my thoughts...big pharma is a HUGE business with HUGE money and HUGE power.

At 8 weeks old, my son got sick. He was given large doses of Rocephin (antibiotics), within days of having his vaccinations. I believe his little body was overloaded. That was the beginning. At 2, he had moderate/severe autism. Now at 11, he is mild/high functioning. Praise God! I strongly believe vaccines played a role in his issues. They were not the *only* cause, but a contributer.

That being said, I don't think everyone should stop vaccinating. Just get educated and do what you feel is best. (ps--a dr saying you need to do this is NOT getting educated!!)

And America needs to get over the greed and get on the ball here!

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
January 15th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lost, how old was your son when he got the MMR vaccine? Is he your only child who got the vaccine?

To be completely honest, autism really scares me. Not people with autism, I have family members with autism and have taught several children with autism and my experiences have been very positive. The mystery surrounding autism is what scares me. From what I have researched, it seems like there are several possible causal relationships in regards to autism. The vaccine link seems a bit too strong to ignore (I have heard several stories like yours, Lost) but children who are not vaccinated also get it so that suggests there are multiple causes. I wish we could just figure this out once and for all!
alittlelost likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Last edited by Beachbabies; January 15th, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
January 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
And...

Quote:
Ryan’s family joins Hannah Poling and at least 85 others who have received judgments for vaccine-induced autism from the VICP
This is here in America. Hasn't been too much publicity about these cases, has there?

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
January 15th, 2013, 12:24 PM
My son was 15 months old when he got his MMR. My daughter got just the M (measles) because we were going to split it up, but then we stopped vaccinating. My youngest got nothing. Now, my youngest has PDDNOS, which he obviously didn't get from a vaccine--but I have to admit, I would be scared to vaccinate him and that doing so would turn his PDDNOS into autism, because before 15 months old he was a lot like my son was before the MMR shot. So, maybe my son would have only had PDDNOS if he didn't have that reaction to the MMR vaccine.
January 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to show this to hubby tonight so we can decide what we are going to do about this with Cole and baby #3. Chase has had all of his vaccinations (hep b delayed- same as Cole) and has had no reactions, but there has just been a lot more evidence coming forward since Chase was a baby. We need to decide if the risks of the vaccine are greater than the benefits for our family. Lost, is 15 months the typical or delayed schedule?

I'm looking at both vaccination cards and Chase got his first one at his 1 year check up and still hasn't had #2. So it looks like we have 3 months to make a decision about Cole.

Last edited by Beachbabies; January 15th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
January 15th, 2013, 03:10 PM
15 months was typical at the time. If your kids don't have reactions in the past, but you still want to play it safe, maybe look into how other countries vaccinate for an idea of an alternate schedule? I really think the problem is too many too soon, but I just am afraid to take a chance again, even with spacing them out. But Japan spaces them out more and has less reactions. So does Canada and several other countries. There are a LOT of options out there. I think it's great you want to educate yourself and decide what option is currently best for your children
aelfwynn_78 likes this.
January 15th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I definitely try to research and educate as much as I can. So does my pedi, which is awesome. I will be getting her opinion as well as doing some research of my own. When a country releases a ruling like this I definitely pay attention.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search