Sleep??

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
How are you sleeping now that you are getting further along? Are you sleeping on your stomach, back, side???? Do you use anything like a body or pregnancy pillow yet?

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

January 16th, 2013, 06:42 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sleep sucks.

It seems I can fall asleep just fine on the couch when I have things that need done but as soon as I lay down in bed I'm doomed and cant get comfortable. Regardless of how uncomfortable its getting on my stomach, I still sometimes find it the most comfortable which makes no sense.

I don't have a pregnancy pillow but I do get some bit of relief by putting a pillow between my knees.

I wake up twisted in weird positions every morning though.

Not too thrilled for it to get any worse than this!

January 16th, 2013, 06:47 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I caved and already have been sleeping with a pregnancy pillow.. It definitely helps..I sleep on my side with it but sometimes wake up cradled in the middle of it on my back. However, I would love to get a full night of sleep for once instead of waking up at least once or twice to pee! My super comfy mattress also just does not feel comfy any more.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
January 16th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I use to love sleeping on my stomach but its getting more and more uncomfortable so i tend to put the body pilllow under my stomach and lay on my side then put the pillow between my legs as well.

SOmetimes when i want to lay on my stomach i will put the body pillow under half of my back so i'm propped and not laying flat on my back..that seems to work a bit.

I agree its getting more and more uncomfortable and we havent felt anything yet

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

January 16th, 2013, 06:51 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been sleeping sort of half on my stomach half on my side but it is getting to the point (I don't want to admit it!!) That I am going to have to start sleeping totally on my side.

January 16th, 2013, 07:58 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
Im sleeping very uncomfortable! I may have to cave in and buy a body pillow this weekend. When I lay down in bed, I try to lay on my side but I notice when I wake up in the morning im right on my belly with one of my legs propped up so I dont put as much pressure on my stomach. I noticed too that any little noise wakes me up so quickly. Deep sleep is out of the question lol

January 16th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
I know I don't have to be on my side yet, but I'm trying to get used to sleeping that way. I've made myself a nest of two standard pillows and one king-size pillow. I've got one standard for my head and one behind me to support my back, and the king in front of my stomach and between my knees like a body pillow. Due to shoulder issues, it often hurts to sleep all the way on my side, so the back pillow allows me to lean just a little bit without going to far.
January 17th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Mommy of 3
I'm not sleeping at all. Really sucks.
I can still lie on my stomach no problem but my mind just won't shut off. I'm exhausted

Last edited by Irishgirl99; January 17th, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
January 17th, 2013, 05:28 AM
MissCiara's Avatar 8/28/13
I sleep on my stomach. I have a little discomfort boob wise but it is bearable.
January 17th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Ughhhhh sleep!!!! I feel like I can never get enough n after dh kept me up most of the night with his moving around n snoring I think he will be sleeping on the air mattress tonight. Anyway I sleep have on my side half on my stomach. I been ready for a body pillow but dh is putting it off I think he will be jealous of it. I won't be snuggling with him anymore lol

January 17th, 2013, 05:34 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Like Marla, I can fall asleep on the couch just fine but the moment I go to bed I cant sleep. Its just not comfortable. When I do sleep, I wake up multiple times to change positions. If its this bad now I cant imagine what it'll be like when we're further along
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 17th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sleeping alright... I wake up randomly through the night still, sometimes having to pee... sometimes just because.

Comfort-wise, it's still "Ehhh" for me. My stomach isn't comfortable to lay on, so I have to kind of maneuver a position so I'm sort of laying on my stomach. This morning I found that I could lay on my stomach and kind of prop myself up with my elbows under me and still be comfortable. I may need a body pillow soon though.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 17th, 2013, 05:51 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
still on my stomach.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
January 17th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
I'm on my side for the most part, sometimes on my back. I jam two pillows on either side of me so that I am always somewhat on my side/back.
January 17th, 2013, 08:07 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not real well :/ I'm tossing and turning and just uncomfortable. I always slept on my stomach but I just can't get comfortable.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

January 17th, 2013, 08:11 AM
321abc
I haven't started showing yet, since I'm due at the very end of August but I am sleeping horribly. I wake up at least 3 times a night.
It's not that I can't get comfortable it's more like I just never fall into a deep sleep

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search