What sort of gender reveals does everyone have planned?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JessKeller24
  • 1 Post By just_jenn
  • 2 Post By teeny0518
  • 1 Post By Tinky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 09:28 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those that are finding out, how are you olanning to reveal? Anyone planning on a V-Day or St patty's reveal? I am not that excited about revealing to my parents because I know they will be full of snark if it is another girl, but I am pretty excited about doing some sort of FB reveal . No clue what i want to do or say though lol. There is a chance we will find out on 2/12...but if it isn't 100% I will probably wait until later in March...

January 17th, 2013, 10:01 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was originally going to find out about a week and half before Easter, so I was going to fill an Easter egg with pink or blue candy and give each person and egg. Then post pics on Facebook to announce on there. I'm now most likely going to find out soon after valentines day, since I found out my doc now does a 16 week gender scan! But I'll most likely still do the Easter egg.
lmsauve likes this.

January 17th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will hopefully find out 3/2 at a 16 week ultrasound (not through my doctor, through an ultrasound place). We're having friends and family over that evening to reveal. We're going to buy the baby's first outfit that day after the appointment and wrap it up and let my mom unwrap it. That way she's technically the first to know (besides us) and can share with everyone else

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

January 17th, 2013, 10:35 AM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have alot of ideas that I am tossing around in my head. We find out Feb 16 so I was thinking about using a Valentines Day theme, but I have not decided for sure. Alot of my ideas will probably be planned but not put into motion till we are done and know how the weather is going to be in Denver outside.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

January 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM
just_jenn's Avatar Veteran
I have never done a gender reveal but one of my coworkers had a bbq and bought a cake and since they wanted to find out with the rest of their family they had the ultrasound tech write the gender in an envelope and they gave it to the baker and asked the baker to fill the inside of the cake with either blue or pink. I thought that was cute. But I probably wont do a gender reveal just tell people when they ask.
Irishgirl99 likes this.

January 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can find out the gender the day after Valentines Day... If I can keep my patience I would like to do a pregnancy and gender reveal on facebook on Easter with a ton of gender specific pastel colors edited into the gender photo or all the gender photos I have and make it the new cover photo or something... I will figure it out. I just hope I dont just blurt it out on facebook the second I find out since Im excited!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
January 17th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
i haven't really thought much about it yet.... I'd like to do something fun though, so I'll have to figure something out

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 17th, 2013, 12:16 PM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those are all cute ideas! I like the idea of having a family get together and surprising everyone with a cake or something. A friend of mine filled a big box with pink helium balloons which made for SUPER cute pics!

I will have to think about it, but right now I am only 8 weeks so Im still thinking of how to reveal Im expecting in a few weeks!
Irishgirl99 and la_bec_star like this.

January 17th, 2013, 05:28 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
I had the idea of doing a gender reveal baby shower...leaving everyone in suspense until near the end. I will most likely blab as soon as I find out

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

January 17th, 2013, 05:33 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
All of the cool holidays may be over unless I get an early gender determination! I haven't decided yet!!

January 17th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I saw on pinterest these white fizzy tablets you can get. You drop them in water and they fizz pink or blue. i think that would be fun
Irishgirl99 likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 18th, 2013, 06:18 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
WE're supposed to find out at the end of March so if we can wait, we'll do something Easter themed But, our anniversary is at the BEGINNING of March and if the doctor agrees to do an early scan (around 18 weeks instead of 20) then we'll figure out some kind of way to reveal it then lol the only issue is my MIL really wants to be at the doctors office, if not in the room with us, when we find out
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 19th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I should find out near the end of February-beginning of March time frame, I was thinking of telling the two older boys when they come down for Spring Break but that isn't until the middle of April (whatever happened to spring break coinciding with Easter?) I may make pink or blue cupcakes for work to announce, or get my son a shirt that says Big Brother and a onesie he can carry that says Little Brother or Little Sister. Not really sure, I do know that I don't want the gender reveal to overshadow my little guy's 3rd birthday on March 4th.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search