What have you bought for the baby?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ahhhh that reminds me I need a swaddle blanket. I hate swaddling normal blankets, haha. DS was never swaddled though, maybe only the first week

January 28th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
A onesie for announcing to Dh. A cradle and highchair that a friend was selling for cheap. That's about it.. really the only other needs are a crib and maybe a new swing. And clothes if It's a boy

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 28th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Super Mommy
I bought a pump a couple months before we ttc bc it was a good deal. I also bought a Cheerleading bib on clearance at Target for $1.59 this weekend. Between me and my pregnant cheer friend I am sure one of us will have a girl. If not DD can use it for her babies lol

January 28th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Super Mommy
I can't bring myself to even look. Still too worried. And the sad part is we need everything. Lol. My youngest is 12. I own absolutely not one baby item. Not sure when we will get brave enough to shop.
January 28th, 2013, 02:24 PM
SarahLMC's Avatar Super Mommy
I think I am going to wait until later in the pregnancy to buy anything. All I really need is a bassinet and some crib sheets.

You would think because I have 2 boys, that if we had a girl, we will need everything. However.... we were told at our anatomy u/s with Andrew, that he was a girl. So... we have 6 totes of boy stuff (he was actually a boy), and 6 totes of girl stuff (that is BRAND NEW), haha! So, we have pretty much everything we need for either gender.
kjm likes this.

Sarah Mom to Wyatt and Andrew, wife to Robert

Follow our Blog at www.LiveForThoseMoments.com

January 28th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
Just the stuff Kelli is making. There's not much cute local baby shopping to be done, but I've been poking around online. We have so much time, though, that I'm not in a hurry. I know my MIL will be doing a lot of shopping, and then I have my baby shower in early June. I figure I can buy whatever else I need after that and still have plenty of time for it to get shipped here.
January 28th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have bought a few blankets, some gender neutral clothes and for myself, new pants bc I can't wear my regular ones anymore.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

January 28th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've bought one pack of diapers so far.
January 28th, 2013, 06:31 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
I have DD's crib so thanksfully I dont have to buy that again. Otherwise, I have bought a portable swing thats gender neutral, a car seat thats also gender neutral and a breat pump and accessories to go with it.

January 28th, 2013, 06:37 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I bought a lot compared to all of you. I am single, dont make much money, and doing it alone... soooo, I figure I have to start now if I am going to be ready for the baby. I buy a few things here and there and buy one big thing each pay. I bought crib, mattress, a gender neutral nice swing, a little monster stuffed animal, a few tiny things like an adorable bib with an elephant and hearts saying "I Love You!" and I just ordered my baby monitor with the motion detector thing.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
January 28th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a couponer so I've been stocking up on diapers and wipes and have approx six to eight months of them. didn't actually "buy" them but still have them in a closet. We started stocking up before we even conceived and are doing pretty good so far
January 28th, 2013, 08:28 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I bought some newborn clothes from Gymboree. They were on super clearance and I couldn't pass them up! They're all boy, but I figured if we end up with a girl, I can always pass them on to someone else Other than that, some bottles on clearance at Target, Gerber newborn tshirts, some cloth diapers. I'm waiting to know the gender before we buy anything else.

January 28th, 2013, 09:29 PM
BabyFever23's Avatar Proud mama & Wife
I dont plan on buying anything till we find out the gender. If its another boy I dont really need anything but a new stroller. One of DHs cousin in law is saving all of her son's clothes for me and I already have a crib. I dont even plan to have a shower if its another boy.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 28th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
- A cute stuffed bear (one of the triplets from Brave)
- A girly themed pink onesie with a kitten on it (super cute! If I don't have a girl, I have 2 pregnant friends, so hopefully I can give it to one of them)
- the cutest gender neutral (light green) monkey blanket, given to us by my grandma!

So not a ton yet, but I have already heard from family that a lot of the big things like a crib etc will be provided by family at the baby shower. We might start stocking up on diapers and wipes soon though. We can always have a lot of those. Any ideas on how many newborn sizes we should get? I hear they grow out of them pretty quickly and don't want to waste money, but I want to have a decent supply ready so we don't have to leave the house right away if we don't want to or can't.

January 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have bought a few girly outfits, but only because they were out of of production disney outfits and I would have bought them if I was pregnant or not (or if we already knew we were having a boy! ) other than that I have bought some newborn cloth diapers in gender neutral prints. Everything else will be waiting 2.5 weeks for us to find out!
Allie_SMg likes this.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

January 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I've bought sleep sacs, diapers, wipes, glass bottles, a sleep sheep and a few gender neutral Christmas outfits that were super cheap.

Not allowing myself to buy anything else until we know gender.

January 29th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I have bought One thing. It is a blanket that came with a little wubby(doll in this case) I really shouldnt have because it is all girl but I couldnt help myself. It is i the top of my closet still in the bag with the reciept so I can take it back, or gift it. A couple weeks or so before we gt a BFP I took all our baby stuff and donated it. I still have the crib, that will be passed down eventually. I have a highchair because Toe still sits in it to eat. We have the bedding set that we got for Toe, but I am hoping with much desperation to buy the pink one I have loved for years. We really don't have much, but I will wait until 28 weeks before I start buying probably. Maybe I will hit the bag sale after we learn of the gender.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 29th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I'm waiting until we know the gender to buy anything
Forever in our hearts