had the consult and not happy

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Beachbabies
  • 1 Post By JessKeller24
  • 1 Post By Jen71

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Veteran
so pretty much my consult with the dr. he scared the crap out of me telling me of cases with vbac's where babies ended up with cerebral palsy due to the rupture and not getting baby out in time. i was thinking he was going to take on my case and was just telling me all the WORST case scenarios but no he said he is very selective with who he chooses for vbac's and I am not a good candidate because i havent had a vbac yet and that i have a lesser chance of having a successful vbac due to the fact the my son wouldn't descend. so now i am confused on doing a vbac or not.... i feel like im bringing life long risks to my baby if i do a vbac and it turns bad....
January 29th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Could you get a second opinion? I know here my doctor is a firm believer in doing VBAC's unless there is a viable reason not to.
January 29th, 2013, 02:38 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Find a new doc! That makes no sense that you aren't good candidate for vbac because you've never had a vbac! Well how are you suppose to vbac if they won they you!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/183444955077965/

That's a great page to ask any questions you have! There's women that have vbamc. (After many csections) and there's also a midwife in the group.

Your risk of rupture is less than 1% and then risks of something being seriously wrong with you or baby is even more rare! I had a rupture with my daughter. It is scary, but you could rupture even without vbacing. I wasn't in labor when I ruptured.

January 29th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Veteran
he said if you rupture you only have 7 minutes to get the baby out and even then there can be serious complications.... i have another dr i am seeing to do a vbac for me i was just hoping he would take my case because it is much closer and no other drs in my area allow them.... im now just freaked i could end up hurting my baby or go through the whole labor process and end up with csection anyways since my chances are even lower
January 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Seriously? You aren't a good candidate because you've never had one? Sounds like he's set in his ways and doesn't have a good reason but just prefers not to do them.

That argument reminds me of how they tell you when you apply for an entry level job that they were looking for someone with job experience. What the? How are you supposed to get experience if no one will give you a chance?

I definitely think you need to get a 2nd opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearsty20 View Post
he said if you rupture you only have 7 minutes to get the baby out and even then there can be serious complications.... i have another dr i am seeing to do a vbac for me i was just hoping he would take my case because it is much closer and no other drs in my area allow them.... im now just freaked i could end up hurting my baby or go through the whole labor process and end up with csection anyways since my chances are even lower
I'm sorry you are so freaked out. I think you should tell your other pro-vbac doctor your concerns. I bet he would ease your mind.
JessKeller24 likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
January 29th, 2013, 02:49 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely get a 2nd opinion!

January 29th, 2013, 02:50 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't heard of that. Most ruptures aren't severe, severe enough to need a csection yes, but to harm baby not likely. I ruptured probably around noon, and had her at 3:30. If you don't get an epi though, be ready to be knocked out if you do rupture. I wasn't knocked out because baby and I were stable, no crazy hr on her and my bp was fine. Really research it and don't let them push you into something you don't want.
UrbanMomma likes this.

January 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Get a second opinion and if that doctor also says to do a C-section, then go with that.

Having had a vaginal birth and then C-sections, I rather prefer the C-sections, but that is just me.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
January 29th, 2013, 02:56 PM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
I agree that you should get a 2nd opinion.
January 29th, 2013, 03:36 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Get a second opinion. If both doctors agree, then at least you can move forward knowing another c-section the best decision for you and your baby
January 29th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh... A doctor I saw at my 12 week exam pulled the same scare tactics on me. I was MAD!! Get a 2nd opinion because that's rediculous. Research it, prepare your body for VBAC until you find out otherwise if that's what you want. They told me my pelvis was too small, but that hogwash. My water broke, I ended up hyperstimulatec with Pitocin and then flat on my back with an epidural so my son never had a chance to descend or engage. I firmly believe had they not cranked up the Pit, we would have been fine. Our bodies are made to do this!

I refuse to ever see that doctor again, btw
JessKeller24 likes this.

January 29th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Yes, keep looking around! I had a c-section as well and am very much hoping to try labor this time. I am having a little trouble as well, as the midwives I want to see can't do vbacs yet, but will be able to sometime soon, but don't know if it will be in time for this baby. Anyways, I am seeing a new doctor in a couple weeks who will do vbacs and will probably switch to them. One thing that made me feel a lot better was talking to people who have had vbacs! I just met someone who is pregnant with her 4th. The first was a c-section and the next two were vbacs. She is going to the drs I will meet with soon and says they are very supportive. There are so many risks with childbirth to begin with. I hope to try labor and if I have to have a c-section then I will, but if I can avoid major surgery that would be preferable. I hate having to have this whole debate.
January 29th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I agree get a second opinion and weigh out the pros and cons. I am going for a VBAC as well but I am in a different situation because i delivered my first 2 vaginally, the 3rd was a C section due to her being breach. I hope you can get another opinion and if the 2nd says the same as the first then i wouldnt go against them

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

January 29th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Veteran
yea i am going to talk to the dr ive been seeing and just see how confident she is in doing the vbac

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search