How do I get my bed back?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 04:11 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been cosleeping the last 7 yrs! My first slept with me until the night before I had my second. (11 months) My second slept with me until 9 months when we moved and she went in bed with her brother. Then. Had my third! He's been in my bed since Aug 8th 2008! And I can't get him out! Ad I need to, he's become violent in his sleep and starts hitting me and kicking me! I tried putting him in bed with his brother so he will get used to being in a different room first. But that doesn't work. Help!

January 29th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With DS we put a TV and DVD player in his room for constant background noise. We keep the door open and tell him that he has to stay in there until we go to bed, and if he comes out before hand then the door gets shut. He hates the door being shut. Plus he knows that he can always get in bed with us if he has a nightmare. It took about a week, but then it was super easy to get him in there. A few times we had to shut the door and he would scream and bang on it for about half an hour before just going to bed. Oh and we let the dog sleep in there and that helped. He gets the top bunk and the 85 lb lab gets the bottom bunk, lol.

With DH being gone, I've let him sleep in bed with me again. His room is at the front of the house and that freaks me out a bit.
January 29th, 2013, 04:16 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD1 was hard to get into her own bed, too. She would ONLY sleep with us but when she was about 3 I had to switch her to her room before DD2 was born. The ONLY thing that worked was sitting RIGHT next to her bed and rubbing her back while she fell asleep, then sneaking out. Gradually I stopped runbing her back, and then slowly would start sitting farther and farther from her bed, until eventually I was out in the hallway. She has done fine ever since. Good luck!!

January 29th, 2013, 05:08 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always been a stickler about my kids sleeping in their own beds. I sleep with baby in co-sleeper until I feel comfortable with them in their own room with a monitor. I have a very hard time sleeping with baby in bed with me, always afraid I will roll over on them-I don't sleep well.
soccermamatomany likes this.

January 29th, 2013, 09:49 PM
annabelpolo's Avatar SAHMommy expecting #2
I still have DD cosleeping with DH and I in our bed. We actually had to upgrade to a king from a queen so all 3 of us could have enough room in between. I dont have any plans on moving her into a toddler bed until this baby is born. Good luck!

January 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
DS1 slept with us until he was 5. One weekend my mom took him out of town to my sister's and when he came back he told me he wanted to sleep in his own bed because he was a big boy. I have noooooo idea what happened, but I was happy because he didn't wan't to sleep in his bed for anything!! His brother would have been 6 months at that time. The other boys have only slept in my bed a handful of times (bad dreams, scary weather, ect...).

The two youngest currently room together and for a long time they shared a double size bed. I bought them bunk beds last year and it was the older one freaking out about separating from his brother. They are now happily sleeping apart, but now we're talking about upgrading our house to a 4 bedroom and DS2 let me know he still wants to room with DS3 when we do. He doesn't want his own room. I think he likes someone being there in case he has a seizure in the middle of the night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search