Scheduling appts is a PITA!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PhD_Bound_Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2013, 07:37 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else have trouble making appointments? I have 1 kid that gets on the bus at 745 and off at 1220. The other two get on at 835 and off at 351. I also have to be home by 315 for my BIL to pick up my niece! Well working around all that is difficult! And my SO doesn't have a set schedule. For example some days he goes in at 2 am and gets home at noon. Other days he goes in at noon and gets home at 8pm. And he doesn't get his schedule until Thursday the week before. I had to reschedule my maternal fetal medicine appt because my mom works a d I can't take kids since its about an hour long and is an ultrasound. I asked for 430 but the only 430 they had was a week after when they first scheduled it, and I didn't want to wait that long! S I kept it same day but made it at 345. My moms car only fits 2 kids. S I have to figure out how to get the other two from the bus stop and to my moms if my SO is still at work! Its such a pain in the butt scheduling appointments around everyone else! Obs need to be open later or have a free daycare inside!

January 30th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I find the child care issues here a huge PITA. In NC my ob had a play area for kids, and if you had to bring them, the CNA or one of the office staff would hang out with your LO's until the appointment was over. I can't tell you how many times my son walked out of there with muffins, stickers, suckers, whatever. It was awesome.

Here, it's like they think you pop out a baby and it goes in a shoe box or something. Finding childcare WEEKLY is such a hassle. I've had nannies flake on me, babysitters call out the day before, and I hate asking friends over and over. I feel like I'm going to be needing to give lots of thank you gifts for all the help I've received to make it to appointments!
JessKeller24 likes this.
January 30th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thankfully both of the big kids get on and off the bus together so as long as I schedule appointments for after 8am and before 1pm I'm okay

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search