RL pain or something else?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kjm
  • 1 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By mariri

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I often get these fast sharp pains that almost feel like I'm being electrocuted.

Sometimes, it's when I'm sitting in a chair. Sometimes, while laying down.

Yesterday I was just sitting at the kitchen table minding my own business, not even moving, and I get this pain.

Today, just right now, I am laying on my side in bed (being lazy lol) not moving and I have same thing happen.

It's on my lower stomach. Sometimes on the side, sometimes in the middle.

What gives? I can see it happening when I'm laying on my back on the couch and I go to get up. That happened last week and I actually found it difficult to get up because of it. I just think it's odd when it occurs while I'm stationary.

Round ligament pains? It hurts and makes me gasp.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
February 5th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It could be RL pain. I had something similar and it was a cyst though.
Ray88 likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not a cyst but maybe I'll ask my dr at my appointment this week.

It's probably just my body saying, hey wake up! It's been 4 years since we've stretched liked this )
Dirtroads likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
February 6th, 2013, 05:27 PM
This has to be RL pain. I went to Wal-Mart and started feeling achy from walking around so much. Still feeling it hours later.
It's kicking my butt.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
February 6th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had this sharp, electric little pain a few times within a few minutes on the left side of my abdomen today while sitting in the car. It reminds me of what you described. It was right around where my ovary would be I guess, so I wasn't sure what it was. Maybe it's RL or maybe it's just a small cyst for both of us?

February 7th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Well I'm pretty sure now that it's RL pain. I googled it lol and what I'm starting to experience is it exactly. Very dull ache with occasional sharp pains when I move about. I'm still going to mention it to my doctor and see what says. My pain isn't specific to one side or area.

" Round ligament pain is the ligaments around that actually hold up the uterus in the front are actually called a round ligament and they attach at the top of the uterus and then they connect at the other end, actually in the labia. As the uterus grows they tend to pull and it hurts a lot, it’s a very sharp pain, it’s described as under the uterus, it can be on both sides, it’s often times unilateral, it’s worse when a woman gets up from her chair or couch or walks. There is nothing wrong with the baby or the mom, it is common around between 16 and 20 weeks. We get a number of complaints about it but there’s nothing to worry about. Now it should never be associated with bleeding or fluid leakage or anything like that or frank abdominal pain.” Now a lot of women have never heard of this and they don’t expect it so when they feel it in their abdomen they think the worst and rush to call their doctor, “But if you have this sort of pain sort of underneath your belly specifically if it’s one side, it only hurts when you’re moving, the things I described, it’s not really something you have to call about as an emergency.” So how do you deal with round ligament pain? Well, when you get up from a seated position, do it slowly, same thing with sitting down. You can also try soaking in a warm bath or something like that to ease the pain a little bit."

{ chemical 10/26/12}
February 7th, 2013, 03:38 AM
mariri's Avatar Veteran
not a nice experience, i have always been a fast walker since teen and now the RL is slowing me down as if i am lazy to walk
Ray88 likes this.
February 7th, 2013, 03:51 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have that and sciatica pain! I feel 8 months pregnant already, I'm dreading how ill feel when I am 8 months pregnant!

February 7th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch!! Hope you're able to find relief soon!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 7th, 2013, 06:04 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
might be RL? I've been having some sharp pains, too, and figured it was RL.
February 7th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Yea, RL pain is real mother______. Lol

{ chemical 10/26/12}
February 7th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My midwife was talking about RL pain, she said it was kind of what like you're explaining, sharp stabbing pains that are when you move or do something usually. They go away quickly. Mine that I was talking about for my cyst didn't go away it was constant.

February 7th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Well mine isn't constant but it can last a few hours as a dull ache. All normal. My doctor said he thinks it RL pain & stretching.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
February 7th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Veteran
I've had those too. I'm pretty sure its round ligament pain. Try lying down and gently massaging the area (per my chiropractor's advice)

February 7th, 2013, 08:59 AM
tparum's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to tparum Send a message via Yahoo to tparum
I had that with dd and it was gholstones sp? everytime It happened it was like the electric shock and almost paulsating if that makes any sense.....

Allways Remembering our Angels
Angelina Marie 08-02-99,William Dewayne 02-08-01,Thomas Ray 07-30-02 and BabyBean 02-22-08 and BabyBean 03/02/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search