not looking forward

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I AM looking forward and am very excited to see everyones posts on genders, names, nurseries, births etc. I love seeing the u/s and reading of your daily struggles and triumps. I want to watch your bellys grow.

For me I do not. I feel like I was running right along in this group smiling and happy, and all the sudden I feel like I am just stopped. I am just standing there not smiling and watching all the happy all around me. I don't want anyone to say anything pregnancy/baby related and me in the same sentence. I don't want to go in the baby aisle. I had my first actual appt on monday. I didn't want to go but did after much harrasment from the manbeast. When they did the doppler, I actually cringed! Hearing the hb made me want to cry. I told my good friend (online of course. All my friedns are) a little of my feelings but not the depth that they are. She told me I need to see someone (as did the ob on monday) and I told her I just need to get a handle on myself so that noone will know that I am not feeling the 'right way'. maybe if I can fake it/get through to august and see twinky, maybe it will all just go away and no one will have to know. Maybe I shouldnt even post this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
February 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
big hugs, hon. I'm PMing you, okay?
February 6th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure what you are going through hun but you can always PM me if you need someone to talk to. I will listen and not judge you.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
February 6th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Please don't feel the need to refrain from posting thoughts like this here! We are all here to support you and help you however we're able to.
I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling like this- I have to agree that maybe talking to a counselor may help you!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 6th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
((hugs)) we are here for you.

February 6th, 2013, 11:15 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((((Hugs)))))) I am so sorry you are feeling like this. This is gender related, right? I think I may be in a bit if the same boat, at least for awhile, after next week. I agree that talking to someone might not be a bad idea, even if you just went once. We are all here for you!!!!

February 6th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This being an unplanned pregnancy I can relate to not wanting to be pregnant and not being interested in the baby isle's or stores and all that.

However with me the feeling is leaving and being replaced with being happy when things like hearing the heartbeat. So maybe talking to someone would be wise. If you wait for baby and hope things get better and don't then you will have missed your pregnancy with being sad and unhappy and then have a baby to deal with and still feel sad. It would be much better to deal with the feelings now and get to the bottom of it now instead of later...hugs!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm really sorry youre feeling this way like Jamie said, we're here to support you however we can so dont ever worry about posting your thoughts here I've also learned the hard way that the worst thing you can do is try to hide your feelings, it just causes them to build and build until eventually you break. We wont judge, and I am also available for pm-ing if you ever want to talk
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
Super Mommy
I felt the same way with DD. I didn't realize until after I was severly depressed. Tell your doctor. They may be able to help.

And this is coming from a girl who thought depression was not real. I thought people made it up. Something was not right with my pregnancy with DD. I cried all the time. And never left the house actually my bedroom unless I needed to. My Mom took me to do a registry and I just cried. I did not want to scan anything.

February 6th, 2013, 11:59 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs hon. I'm not sure what you're going through either but I hope you go talk to someone. Is it possible to have Postpartum Depression before having the baby?
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

February 6th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
lots of hugs--we are here for you!
February 6th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Super Mommy
Please keep sharing with us that is the best thing right now. Your feelings are totally normal. It's ok to need some help. Looking back I realize I had ppd after my first child. I suffered horribly for over a year. Then again I went thru a bad depression in my third pg. there were so many things going wrong in my life so much worry about baby and my hormones were way out of wack. My doctor saved me and my baby. I ended up on anti depressants from about 3 months pg til my son was a year. So glad that I reached out for help. It's ok to reach out. Please see your dr. You will not regret it. It will help you feel better and enjoy this time.
February 6th, 2013, 01:12 PM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
I understand faking the funk. My friend told me she thought I should talk to my doctor and maybe a therapist because I seemed sad about this.

If you want to PM me you can.
February 6th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I planned my last lil one for two years n finally when I got pregnant I end up with depression. I didn't want anything to do with going to the hospital n didn't want to talk about baby. I had a really hard time. I hope u talk to your Dr about it. I completely understand.

February 6th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had severe PPD after DD, and this is part of the reason why I chose to go to school for Psychology was to work with PPD, pregnant, and parents wanting to adopt. I am more than happy to talk to you and help see if we can find a solution to help you.
February 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry. Glad you know you can talk to us here. Big hugs to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search