NT scan in the morning (Update w/pics!)

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I might have seen a little something that miiiiiiiight be boy parts in the second pic too, but I couldn't be sure it wasn't just the umbilical cord or a foot or something... I've been thinking it would be a boy for a long time now (just based off of old wives tales etc) and will be just as happy with a boy, though I've been thinking pink lately. hehe

February 7th, 2013, 06:27 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you want a girl, I hope you get your girl! <3 If you want a boy, your odds look good to me. That's not a foot or umbilical cord imo. BUT it could still be girly parts. They look similar at that gestation and it's more about the angle of the dangle.
February 7th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the thoughts! It's so exciting.

I have been thinking pink and still am in a way, but I'm so much more neutral after the scan. Now that I'm sensing boy with this pic, I will be so happy with either, I'm just excited to know! It's our first, so we have plenty of time to try for at least one of each. hehe Plus, out of 4 kids, DH is one of 3 brothers and only 1 sister, so I'm guessing we're more pre-disposed to boys, but we'll see.

February 7th, 2013, 06:41 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're the same way. My side of the family is EXACTLY a 50/50 split. But my husband?
his dad: 2 boys, 1 girl
his grandpa: 4 boys, 1 girl
husband's uncle 1: 3 boys
husband's uncle 2: 3 boys
us so far: 2 boys, 1 girl

So they are over 80% boys O.o
Allie_SMg likes this.
February 7th, 2013, 06:46 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Super cute u/s pictures! That is weird that your hubby wasnt allowed in the first time. How the heck do they think y'all made the baby. HAHA! Ive had a couple transvaginal u/s's and they let my SO in both times.
alittlelost likes this.
February 7th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Oh wow, 80%! We have a lot of boys in our family in general, but I'm not sure about much as far as his side of the family's history of boys vs girls goes because he's not on good terms with his dad. He just told me that his father was also 1 of 4 kids though, but he was the only boy and had 3 sisters! That's so weird. Maybe we're about even with out odds then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilesAreContagious View Post
Super cute u/s pictures! That is weird that your hubby wasnt allowed in the first time. How the heck do they think y'all made the baby. HAHA! Ive had a couple transvaginal u/s's and they let my SO in both times.
LOL That's what I thought! I think it was just an odd policy. I mean, what did they expect? That he would go into a jealous rage? "HOW DARE YOU PUT SOMETHING INTO MY WIFE'S VAGINA?!"

February 7th, 2013, 07:38 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Such cute pictures!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY want to make a guess but I'm just not sure!!! I am so curious for your scan coming up!!!!

February 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Another mom friend of mine said they thought boy!

February 8th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had to check in on you when I saw you were posting ultrasound pics Your little peanut looks great So excited to hear that you a peanut are doing well!!!
Allie_SMg likes this.

February 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks, lady! I'll try to remember to update the TTC page when we find out the gender (hopefully next Saturday!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search