Doppler question!!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 03:12 PM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When you find your baby's heartbeat, is it only in one specific spot or if you move your wand a couple inches to the left or right can you still hear it?

Today I found the heartbeat, then got interrupted and when I went back to find it again it was a few inches to the right, but I could still hear it in the original spot too. Is the baby this big? And if so, you hear the heart the whole length of the body?

February 7th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mommy of 3
I've never used one but hopefully some of the other ladies can chime in!

February 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Super Mommy
The heartbeat use to be in one spot when the baby was smaller. Now that im like 15w i can hear the heartbeat in several places. I can't tell you why that is though.

February 7th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
My best uneducated guess, is that since the bay is bigger (and the heart) as well as the fluid surronding them more, that sounds travel better/more?

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
February 7th, 2013, 06:26 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get 164 hb on my left side and 127 on the right side. (one side also sounds like galloping horses and the other sounds like a train...) No idea why this happens. I keep thinking maybe my other twin is still hiding in there, but after all these ultrasounds, I'm sure that's not the case.
February 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I think later on you can hear the heartbeat through the placenta, but it's a little slower? I talked about it with my midwife last pregnancy, but I can't remember what exactly she said...

anyway, when I've tried I can hear it in about a 1-2" radius, but not more than that.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 7th, 2013, 07:12 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I havent tried to use our doppler yet, but it is normal to be able to move it a little and still hear the baby especially if you are pointing towards the same general directions. The slower heart beat is the placenta and the faster is the baby. I can always find the placenta first.
February 8th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Super Mommy
The one that sounds like a train isn't baby, that's one of your pulse sounds. The galloping horses is baby :0) yay!

February 8th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I get 164 hb on my left side and 127 on the right side. (one side also sounds like galloping horses and the other sounds like a train...) No idea why this happens. I keep thinking maybe my other twin is still hiding in there, but after all these ultrasounds, I'm sure that's not the case.
This! The two sounds are different - train and horse! Maybe it is the cord in one spot and the baby in the other?

February 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Super Mommy
Do you always get a steady reading? My last dr app my regular dr wasn't there so the other dr used doppler. He found it right away but I thought he was way too high up and he showed me the screen and the hb was 156 to 164 not steady. Is that because he was too far from baby or baby was moving??
February 8th, 2013, 12:52 PM
It must have just been moving around or maybe the position he/she was in! Maybe he/she was laid out flat against my abdomen wall because today I could only hear it on tiny spot and it was very quiet! Strong, but quiet, like it was further away. I think the little guy is just moving around in there!

February 8th, 2013, 12:54 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw a neat youtube video that explained the sounds that you hear, let me go see if I can find it. I hear all kinds of sounds when listening

February 8th, 2013, 05:40 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok this is the youtube video I mentioned above talking about the different sounds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnYHyjn4Sg0

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search