Our baby is nameless and....

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2013, 07:48 AM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we have this long list that is still on going of girls and boys names. Granted I deleted the boys names now so we can focus. Well nothing sounds right!!!! We like things like Finley, Perry, and Maren. Those are actually 3 at the top of our list but something just doesn't feel right!!!!!! I am open to suggestions. My boys are Brady and Asher.

Also everyone us making me paranoid that my U/S might be wrong!!!!
alittlelost likes this.

February 16th, 2013, 07:51 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cute names! I really like Finley and Perry

WHO is making you paranoid about your u/s?! There is nothing there! Remember?! LOL!!!!!!! Believe me I feel your pain...
alittlelost likes this.

February 16th, 2013, 07:54 AM
I have had a couple private facebook messages with some "that's really great your excited and all but 15 weeks is really early" and it's like OMG!! One of the people had an early U/S and it was right! I was like what the heck! I mean the tech was even just pretty sure she was 110% sure. She didn't even just look for lack of parts she checked a bunch of times making sure the 3 lines were girly 3 lines lol! I know I shouldn't worry since I know what my boys looked like even earlier but jeez! Way to rain on my parade people!
Tinky likes this.

February 16th, 2013, 07:55 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Finley

who made you doubt your U/S?
February 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I think people just like to be jerks LOL. I just reinspected your shots and I seriously don't even see the "swollen girl parts" everyone likes to talk about. I just see nothing! And I'm sure seeing it live, if there was something there from any angle that was even questionable you and the tech would have seen it!

February 16th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You know which name I like Your other names are nice too though! Other names that I think would go good with your boys are Stella, Charlotte, Hadley, and Lily (Lillian).

Don't let people's comments worry you. She's a girl. I was told at 14 weeks girl for sure (she saw the lines too), then my perinatologist confirmed it at 14w5d, and I went back to the peri yesterday at 15w5d and he confirmed it again, and my girl shots looked JUST like yours.

ETA I also like how Brady, Asher, and Addison/Adalyn sounds and I love the nickname Addie.
But I still like Finley best of course

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Last edited by Beachbabies; February 16th, 2013 at 08:11 AM.
February 16th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks you guys! There weren't even swollen parts at all and on live U/S the lines and girl bits were even more obvious then the picture we got! I wouldn't have even announced if she was like "85% sure" she was like overly sure. There was a lady before us and the tech was 85% sure it was a boy but was having them come back so I am sure it is a girl but way to make me get worried lol!

I like all those name suggestions! I am wondering if we are just in shock so no name seems right lol!

February 16th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Oh how I feel sorry for the lady that got told 85% boy lol!!

Seriously though, your three line shots look identical to the pics I have of my two girls, I think you're good, and it's a clear potty shot angle, not weird like the one I got. I'm SUPER paranoid (obviously) about mine but if I had your pics I would be totally confident it was a girl

February 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
Oh how I feel sorry for the lady that got told 85% boy lol!!

Seriously though, your three line shots look identical to the pics I have of my two girls, I think you're good, and it's a clear potty shot angle, not weird like the one I got. I'm SUPER paranoid (obviously) about mine but if I had your pics I would be totally confident it was a girl
Max is a Max!!! They said the only reason the tech said 85% is because the cord kept getting in the way so she didn't want to compromise her integrity lol! She actually said she can tell from 12 weeks on she just would never offer sessions for that early!
mamalamb likes this.

February 16th, 2013, 08:58 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldnt be paranoid about the ultrasound.. Friends just dont know how to act to not annoy us pregnant ladies.. A friend of mine said he didn't like my name choice for Elliot.. and I told him "ok- you don't have to like it.. are you picking on a baby's name already, though??" lol. and he still kept saying he didnt like it and I had to be like "well, I'm not a fan of your name.. doesn't mean I go around telling you" lol.. I think I kinda snapped a little. Its best not to let friend comments get under your skin.. they mean well- usually.. just say stupid things.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
February 16th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What about Brady, Asher, and Cora? Perry makes me think of Perry Gilpin, love her, but not sure I can picture a super sweet baby named Perry.

Finley is cute, but with Brady and Asher seeming more old fashion sounding, Finley sounds too forward to go with it, IMO.
February 16th, 2013, 09:09 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Cora too. Though I think Finley fits perfect also
February 16th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I hope it is just because we are in shock. We had already planned on picking a few names and then naming her when we saw her but this is just insane that we can't pick any. Cora is nice but DH will say it is too close to Coraline and she creeps him out lol!
ElliotsMommy13 likes this.

February 16th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I have to ask, Do you all watch Frasier? Because two of your top names are pretty much associated with that show. Love it. (DH makes fun of me saying since I'm going to school to be a Psychiatrist that's the only reason I find the dry humor so funny, LOL)
February 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhD_Bound_Mommy View Post
Ok, I have to ask, Do you all watch Frasier? Because two of your top names are pretty much associated with that show. Love it. (DH makes fun of me saying since I'm going to school to be a Psychiatrist that's the only reason I find the dry humor so funny, LOL)
I think my husband has watched it a few times but he never mentioned any of our names being from there. So I doubt he remembers lol!

February 16th, 2013, 11:53 AM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
Finley is adorable ... Perry is cute but I would say no bc of Perry the Platypus.. you don't want her called that....my dd loves Perry the Platypus and don't worry everyone told me my u/s was wrong with DD b/c there hadn't been a girl born into their family in quite a few generations... they were WRONG
ElliotsMommy13 likes this.
February 16th, 2013, 08:40 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I like all of those names they are cute...I absolutely love the name Landon Grace for a girl but since my daughter's initials are A.N. we decided that we would keep this one with the same initials so if it is a girl we are going with Ay'den Noelle...I am liking old names and boy names for girls it seems!! LOL

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
February 17th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
Names are so hard. I can't find a single one that fits my little boy.
Maybe you'll just have to give it some time? I hope that's right in my case...
February 17th, 2013, 11:17 AM
We were talking last night and Finley was the babies name if Asher had been a girl so we are stuck on the name being for "that baby" so it is the only thing holding us back. Her name will most likely end up being Finley we just have to get over the fact we almost used it before lol!

I'm trying so hard not to worry about the U?S. The tech was sure and she looked from all angles and in 3d. I was just paranoid when the printed picture was so tiny rather than the big version of the legs and butt we saw on screen. I immediately forgot she that she didn't tell us girl from a teeny tiny picture and started freaking out lol!

February 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay I hope you go with Finley! Obviously I just love the name

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search