Went shopping yesterday!!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By mrskfet
  • 1 Post By AprylLynn
  • 1 Post By PhD_Bound_Mommy
  • 1 Post By Kayla_7602
  • 1 Post By cameronzmom
  • 1 Post By Jhendrickson
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By Babsbabies

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 06:42 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
First I want to say congratulations to all the mommies who found out this weekend what gender they're having I think I commented on or liked all the posts but if I missed you, I do apologize and I'm really happy for you!!!!

Now, the only thing we bought yesterday were some belly bands and apple butter for me but we did look at a bunch of stuff lol I cant believe how much baby stuff there is! We went to a store called Buy Buy Baby and Oh. My. Gosh. I dont know how women walk in there and dont immediately get intimidated. So many different brands of bottles, pacifiers, carseats, strollers, crib mattresses, teething toys, breast pump stuff, everything! So glad my SIL was there to offer what she knows about babies lol both DH and I were in awe at the amount of stuff there was and I doubt we wouldve been able to navigate that store on our own. We also looked at clothing and I realized yet again how badly I want a girl, but we did see some really cute boy things too I cant wait to find out so we can start registering!

Not sure if I'll be on again today since DH and I have some things to do after church, so just in case I hope you all have wonderful days!!
BeachMum and Irishgirl99 like this.
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 17th, 2013, 06:51 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There really is A LOT of baby stuff and tons of different brands. It can be very overwhelming. With my first I printed out lists online of things "needed" for baby. I went out and bought everything. Turns out I didnt use half of that stuff with either baby.
I love baby boy clothes when they are little I could buy out the whole store. I love the little baseball hats. So tiny! I cant wait to hear what you are having. When is your ultrasound? Have they made the appointment for it yet?
mrskfet likes this.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
February 17th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will say with bottles/pacifiers/potty chairs it's trial and error. We went through probably 7 different bottles before finding one DS liked, 3 different types of Pacis, and 4 potty seats. It was crazy.

DD went through 2 different kinds of bottles, settling on the ones DS liked, the same paci that DS liked, and so far she's liking the potty chair she picked out.

But that's what parenting is. Trial and error. You find what works and go with it.
mrskfet likes this.
February 17th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It can be very overwhelming thats for sure. The good news is you dont need half the things that you think you will. Like already mentioned it is alot of trial and error and not even just for first time moms but also for btdt moms because every baby is different so what one may like another will want nothing to do with. I am a big fan of buying certain things used and saving myself some money. I like to buy some new clothes but i like to get lots of used clothes for a fraction of the cost especially when they are little and only where them for such a short amount of time. I also will be buying things like swing, bouncy chair used. I cant bring myself to spend 150 on a new swing when I can get the same one through a mom swap swap for 40 in like new condition!
mrskfet likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

February 17th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was in buy buy baby last week and got overwhelmed and this is our 3rd baby LOL!!
mrskfet likes this.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

February 17th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
I know what you mean--being a first time mom it is so overwhelming! I bought some belly bands too and boy are the Amazing!!!! Hope you like them as much as I do!
mrskfet likes this.
February 17th, 2013, 08:59 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh girl with my first pregnancy we walked into Babies R Us and I immediately started BAWLING. I was so overwhelmed. However, like everyone else mentioned, you don't need it all and LISTS help TREMENDOUSLY. With carseats and cribs, it was nice to go in and "test drive" all the stuff to collapse strollers, to buckle and unbuckle carseats, etc. Then I'd read reviews on the items. It becomes even more fun when you find out the gender, and then go with a girl friend if possible that has babies.
mrskfet likes this.

February 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Veteran
Oh yeah, those stores are overwhelming! As if they hope you'll get lost and just buy a bunch of stuff in your delirium and anxiety trying to get out the door. Like others have said, you don't really need half the stuff on the lists they give you for registering. And I got a lot of baby gear used (except not crib, carseat, and breast pump). It's consignment sale season here where I live and many sales have a time where new and expectant moms can shop early. We were dirt poor when we had our first while my husband finished grad school but by being a little creative and many generous friends and family, we always had everything we needed for my son.
mrskfet likes this.
February 18th, 2013, 04:46 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprylLynn View Post
There really is A LOT of baby stuff and tons of different brands. It can be very overwhelming. With my first I printed out lists online of things "needed" for baby. I went out and bought everything. Turns out I didnt use half of that stuff with either baby.
I love baby boy clothes when they are little I could buy out the whole store. I love the little baseball hats. So tiny! I cant wait to hear what you are having. When is your ultrasound? Have they made the appointment for it yet?
My next appointment is on the 8th and she said that we will probably schedule the ultrasound that day. My SIL said that some doctors at this practice have their ultrasounds done at different facilities/parts of the building so I might get to have it the same day if they have an opening I really hope thats the case, not knowing is driving me crazy lol
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 18th, 2013, 05:59 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully they send you over and can tell you what baby is. So exciting :-)

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
February 18th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
I've been feeling kind of overwhelmed just trying to do my shopping/planning online. I know there's so many things various places will recommend that you need that I don't actually need. So for now, I'm trying to focus on what I know I need, like car seat, crib, cloth diapers, etc. And researching and picking out those items. We've got plenty of time, so I figure I'll just work on whittling it down over the months. (But I'm still freaking out about it a bit! )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search