subchronic hematoma (a little TMI post)

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone had a history with a subchrionic hematoma?

I had a very scary incident last week that involved alot of blood and passing of what we thought could be the baby, spent several hours in the ER, after multiple ultrasounds it was determined my baby is still alive and kicking, however they dx'ed me with a subchrionic hematoma. Saw a doctor on friday but she couldnt' find the bleed on regular ultrasound.

I've found a ton of information about these types of bleed from very basic to very detailed. What I cant find details for is if they can go away overnight?

I'm still having some brown blood bleeding but the bright red and clots are all gone.

I see my regular doctor on Monday and I have an entire list of questions for him.

If you've dealt with this type of thing, what was your outcome? Were you on bedrest the rest of your pregnancy? did your bleed come back? Any repeat incidents? etc.

Thanks in advance from a pretty nervous mama.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

February 17th, 2013, 06:55 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had issues with this for this whole pregnancy so I understand the worry and frustration. I had two at one point and they merged into one. I'm 15 weeks and baby is still healthy. I was put on bedrest recently but only because the SCH was very large, bigger than the baby. I have had bouts of bleeding as well and multiple ER trips. It IS possible for it to go away overnight, that may be what the bleeding is, it could be bleeding out. Hopefully that's the case, and I don't believe they come back once they're gone completely, though I did start with one and somehow got a second one. Unless they're just so small that you can't see them. I would just take it easy and see what the doctor says when you go back. Hopefully it's gone! In the majority of SCHs do resolve on their own.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
February 17th, 2013, 07:32 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a very large one with my last baby (and placenta previa) and I bled from 6-18 weeks, and I mean BLED, with clots. I wasn't on bedrest except in the beginning but was on pelvic rest until 20 weeks. I was monitored by ultrasound weekly for a long time. I was told to take a baby aspirin a day. It was a stressful several weeks, but I delivered a healthy baby boy (3 days after his due date) and honestly didn't have any other major issues the rest of the pregnancy. Hang in there.

Last edited by BeachMum; February 17th, 2013 at 07:52 AM.
February 17th, 2013, 07:51 AM
SarahLMC's Avatar Super Mommy
With DS2, I had a large SCH. They actually sent me home to miscarry with my major bleed. Then, a week later, after more bleeding, I had another ultrasound, which I was thinking was to confirm a missed miscarriage, but to my surprise, baby was fine and well. My SCH was still there, but after all the bleeding, it had decreased in size significantly. I went on pelvic rest, but never went on bed rest. By 20 weeks, the bleeding had stopped completely, and there was no further evidence of a SCH on an ultrasound.

This pregnancy, they found another smaller SCH (I had a little bleeding), but it never grew, was smaller on the last ultrasound, and I've put it mostly out of my mind.

Sarah Mom to Wyatt and Andrew, wife to Robert

Follow our Blog at www.LiveForThoseMoments.com

February 17th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had one since 6 weeks this pregnancy and have been on Bed rest for almost 7 weeks now. It has gone to bigger than the baby, smaller than the baby, same size as the baby, and back to bigger than the baby again. I've had bouts of a ton of bleeding and clots to just continuously bleeding brown blood. Some days I have to wear a pad, others it's just when I wipe. I had one night where I woke up needing to pee and passed two large clots that were the size of limes and some brown blood a little after when I sneezed but nothing else. I have a doppler and check babies hb constantly.

So far I've had a blighted ovum and lost one twin this pregnancy but baby a is still growing phenomenally well. The biggest thing is to relax as much as you can. Try to rest as much as possible, and drink lots of water.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search