roll call!! what do you have left to do and buy for baby

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everything LOL including more clothes. I don't need much more for decorating the room, though, so I can start that soon!
February 18th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ha we are starting from scratch! We have diapers and wipes stocked up thanks to couponing but apart from that, we have nada!

February 18th, 2013, 12:48 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have bought some clothes for little miss but nothing else. We are waiting for our tax return to come in hopefully later this week and we will be buying all of her furniture, playyard, and some other things. Other than that we just need to order a new girly cover for DS's infant car seat, a new highchair, and then just clothes and bath stuff. We may get another bassinet but I am not sure.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

February 18th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Veteran
We don't need much at all as I still have most everything from our boys. If we have a girl, I'll need some girl clothes, but otherwise we do all gender neutral big items and bedrooms. I will need to get some consumables: small disposable diapers, nursing pads, milk storage bottles, a couple new bottles/pacifiers, a couple new clothes for this baby only.

But, we are moving out of state in July, so we need a place to live, preschool for my older boys, and new doctors! And to clean out tons of stuff pre move (and before I get too uncomfortable to clean out closets). And to decide if we are going to have this baby born here or in our new home city. Just a few things to do!
February 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Veteran
We have to buy pretty much everything!!!
We are being given a crib & change table from family but haven't bought anything yet. Still waiting til we know the gender & waiting to announce to everyone other than family & close friends. I think I'm scared to buy stuff because I'm worried I will jinx this baby and it won't come! I'm glad we've got months to go still..

February 18th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
I'm a FTM so need everything! Most we'll be getting online, so shopping and research take a bit more time since I can't actually go look at things myself. I've been obsessively researching car seats the last few days, and also cloth diapers. I still need to figure out what we need/want and what we don't (thank goodness for places like this where I can ask and get advice!).

I know my MIL is itching to start shopping, so for now I'm working on just putting all this stuff on our baby registry and seeing what she and others decide to buy. Then we can get the rest ourselves (though obviously not waiting too long for the essentials).
February 18th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Super Mommy
We have nothing and have done nothing. Starting from scratch as my youngest is 12. I have looked a tiny bit but not really. Maybe in a month or two we will start.
February 18th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Super Mommy
My To Do List:
Finish Basement remodel- Our storage room is where the nursery is going to be so everything needs to go downstairs once its finished
Nursery- Paint, Decorate, Put together furniture
Buy- Cloth Diapers, Video Monitor, Nursery Decor(if it's a boy), Dresser, Rocking Chair [DH broke mine ]

We have everything else from DD but I need small cloth diapers. I didn't start with her until she was into a medium bc I received so many sposies at my shower. I also have a really cute bedding set someone gave me and I never returned it bc it was so darn cute and clearly marked clearance. So, if its a girl I am set. Just need the few items mentioned above.

February 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have absolutely nothing except for a small blanket and a few outfits. lol

February 18th, 2013, 03:19 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
We need everything and have done nothing!!!! My youngest is 13 and his youngest is 6 so we are starting over! Can't wait to find out the gender so I can shop!!!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
February 18th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
Waiting on gender here too. We have the changing table, crib and dresser from our daughter in storage but nothing else! DD will a few weeks shy of 6 when lil' one gets here so we're starting over too.

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 19th, 2013, 07:02 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Need a crib, pack n play, a few hot weather outfits, infant car seat, think that is it for the bigger purchases

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
February 19th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Veteran
This is our first and we have a very supportive family. My husband and i are waiting for our showers to go shopping to fill in any gaps. We made our registry already for boy and girl and will update in 2 weeks when we find out what our little one will be.

My mil has already told us she is geting the baby furniture/crib. I know clothes will be covered.
February 19th, 2013, 08:13 AM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um everything! We are in the middle of our HUGE bedroom/bathroom renovation and the nursery is currently filled with all our clothes and stuff from the bedroom. So until that is done, I cant do a thing!

***Thanks to Vicki for my awesome signature!!!***

1st OB Appt: 01/02 (6w0d) - Pregnancy confirmed!
2nd OB Appt/Ultrasound: 01/14 (7w5d) - Baby's heart rate 131
3rd OB Appt: 02/11 (11w5d) - Baby's heart rate 166
4th OB Appt: 03/11 (15w5d) - Baby's heart rate 150
Elective Gender Scan: 03/16 (16w2d) - It's a GIRL!!!
5th OB Appt/Anatomy Scan: 04/08 (19w5d) - Baby's heart rate 155
6th OB Appt: 05/06 (23w5d)- Baby's heart rate 148
7th OB Appt/Glucose Test: 06/03 (27w5d) -Baby's heart rate 144, Passed Glucose Test!
8th OB Appt: 06/14 (29w2d) - Baby's heart rate 140
9th OB Appt: 06/24 (30w5d) - Baby's heart rate 135
3D/4D Ultrasound: 06/29 - She looks like her Daddy!
10th OB Appt: 07/10 (33w0d) - Baby's heart rate 131
11th OB Appt: 07/22 (34w5d) - Baby's heart rate 140
12th OB Appt: 08/05 (36w5d) - Baby's heart rate 136; 2.5 cm dilated/80% effaced!
13th OB Appt: 08/12 (37w5d) - Baby's heart rate 145; 3 cm dilated/80% effaced
14th OB Appt: 08/19 (38w5d) - Baby's heart rate 145; 3.5 cm dilated/80% effaced
Birthday 08/21/2013 - 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches long and PERFECT!
February 19th, 2013, 08:22 AM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
I need everything!! I kept everything for years and years buying just replacement items as things wore out. All my boys are 4 1/2 years apart and after my moving from my house (after living there 12 years) I got rid of everything , but the crib and matching changing table.

Surprise!!
February 19th, 2013, 07:55 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have to wait until we find out if baby is a boy/girl. I have a pink/brown stroller and I still have some girl clothes left but I have nothing for a boy. Well, except ONE thing- a lady at church game me a little boy outfit..she said she thought it was cute :-)

February 20th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Innogen's Avatar Regular
Everything! I don't even want to think about all the things people tell you to buy...so expensive!!!
February 20th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Veteran
I am glad I'm not the only one waiting! Last time I hardly bought anything. Almost everything was given to us or handed down. Towards the end of my pregnancy I went out and bought a couple small things like nail clippers, first aid stuff, and diaper pail cause that was all I was missing. Of course I don't spend a lot of money on stuff so I didn't worry about things like room decor. This time I might buy a little bit more just for fun, but it's not really necessary! I still feel like it is too early for me to do much yet. Plus we are building a new house next summer so there will be a ALOT going on and less stuff will be better!
February 20th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
I don't have a clue of what I need. We are moving these days and it's a complete mess. Hopefully I'll now when I start going through the boxes.
February 20th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Super Mommy
We have plenty of baby stuff. My youngest is still in his crib so we need to transition him to a toddler bed to free up the crib. Otherwise, we don't NEED anything but diapers. However, if this baby is a girl, you better believe I'd buy her some cute clothing! If it's a boy, we are all set because I saved everything from my first two.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search