roll call!! what do you have left to do and buy for baby

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 06:35 AM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi ladies, so I am curious.
What is your bullet pointed to do/ to buy list for this baby?

February 18th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Still need High Chair, clothes, bathtub, lotions and bathing stuff,
February 18th, 2013, 06:39 AM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
Pretty much everything! lol FTM, and I pretty much want to wait until I know the gender to buy stuff.
round2t likes this.
February 18th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohhh... EVERYTHING! lol We've done NOTHING. Gotten nothing, nadddddda lol
Mainly for 2 reasons: First, we want to know gender before we look at anything. Second, because we're planning to move in the next few months and we think we'd be better off not buying any furniture until we move because we can't clutter our house up so it's more likely to sell

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 18th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Mommy of 3
We still need a monitor and baby bath stuff. We bought our car seat, sling and bottles last week and yesterday I bought some pacifiers just in case and little travel sizes of shampoo and conditioner and stuff for my hospital bag. Getting ahead of myself lol!

I don't think we need too much else. Dh and the kids will go out and buy a coming home outfit after baby is born and we know the gender.

I'm sure there's more we need but I can't think right now

Oh I also bought this from Amazon during the week. Amazon.com: Jolly Jumper Arctic Sneak A Peek Infant Car Seat Cover Black: Baby
Love it!
Anchored likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgirl99 View Post
Oh I also bought this from Amazon during the week. Amazon.com: Jolly Jumper Arctic Sneak A Peek Infant Car Seat Cover Black: Baby
Love it!
lol! It looks like luggage! I bet baby will be SUPER warm in there!!!
Irishgirl99 likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 18th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mommy of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
lol! It looks like luggage! I bet baby will be SUPER warm in there!!!

February 18th, 2013, 07:03 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything! I'm hoping my hubby will take a new job and we'll have more money for things. We just have to watch our spending for the time being. Once I start picking up more hours at work, we should be good. And I haven't bought anything because we don't know the sex yet.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

February 18th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Veteran
Haven't bought anything, though we will have most things from ds. I just started telling people!!
February 18th, 2013, 07:09 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far we've cleaned out the room which will be the baby's and we put DS's changing table in there. I ordered the crib the other day so that should be here soon. I like to have the crib even though we co-sleep / use bassinet for the first 6 months usually. So we got DS's old bassinet set up in our room.

What's still on my list for the things I want to buy/do is a crib mattress, a Beco carrier, more cloth diapers, dresser and other furniture, and paint the baby's room.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
February 18th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have not bought anything yet and we need everything. We are starting over basically

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
February 18th, 2013, 07:20 AM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
I've got to
@Paint dd's room, find out gender/ start setting out girls things OR start buying boy clothes/ blankets

Get a small deep freezer and in early July I'm going to make this; 46 freezer meals in four hours for $95! | Money Saving Mom®

That way I won't have to cook for a month after i have the baby (and we wont live off pizza either)

I need diapers, baby care items, hospital bag items (just in case of transfer), look into and set up mothers day out solution for dd,
There is more but this is all that's coming to me right now.

February 18th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've got to clear out our spare room which will become the babys room, rearrange the den to accomadate all the kids toys that are currently upstairs and we need to declutter to make room for all the new baby stuff. I've got several pink things leftover from my niece so if this one is a boy we'll have to shop for some boy items!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

February 18th, 2013, 07:36 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carseat is the biggest, and a crib later (baby will stay in the bassinet/pack n play in the beginning), then clothes of course , newborn cloth diapers,

Last edited by BeachMum; February 18th, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
February 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmama View Post
I've got to
@Paint dd's room, find out gender/ start setting out girls things OR start buying boy clothes/ blankets

Get a small deep freezer and in early July I'm going to make this; 46 freezer meals in four hours for $95! | Money Saving Mom®

That way I won't have to cook for a month after i have the baby (and we wont live off pizza either)

I need diapers, baby care items, hospital bag items (just in case of transfer), look into and set up mothers day out solution for dd,
There is more but this is all that's coming to me right now.
Wow, I'm totally going to check that out!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
February 18th, 2013, 07:59 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How about I tell you what I did get, haha. I have a diaper bag on its way, its back ordered so hopefully comes before baby! I have a wrap on the way. I got a boppy. And some pacifiers and a few gender neutral items. Oh I also got lotions and diapers from size 1-6 so I need to get some newborn and a pack of preemie, because even on a 7lbs 15ozs boy newborns were too big for a week! I'm waiting to meet a friend for a bouncer seat.

February 18th, 2013, 08:53 AM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
Everything! This is my first pregnancy so I have nothing! I refuse to buy anything until' I find out the gender of the baby.
February 18th, 2013, 08:54 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been buying things every pay since things are tight financially right now for me. I have the crib, stroller/carseat combo, a couple bottles, breast pump, swing, bouncer seat, a baby bath, a box of sizes 1,2,and3 diapers, a boppy, some clothes and a diaper pail..

I still need clothes, bath/health items, diapers, changing table, play mat, burp cloths, blankets, crib bedding, a pack n play, bassinet, pacifiers, baby carrier, car mirror, humidifier, diaper bag, high chair, car window shades...

I think that will about do it.. Lots of big stuff done.. lots of small things to go.. but I did save the stuff I dont mind getting used for last so I can get them at yardsales this spring since its starting to warm up. However, I keep feeling like Im forgetting some things.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
February 18th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
we have nothing. We had to stop by target yesterday and I took DH through the baby aisles. He just about passed out.
Jessmom likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need just about everything except a crib and a changing table.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search