WWYD? Sons birthday and due date.

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SmilesAreContagious
  • 1 Post By Anchored
  • 1 Post By Allie_SMg
  • 1 Post By Jenilope

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My youngest turns 5 Aug 8th (Thursday). I'm due the same day but will likely have a repeat csection Aug 1 (Thursday) or 2 (Friday). So would you have hli's birthday 2-3 weeks early and be very pregnant, have it on his birthday with a newborn while recovering from a csection, or have it 2-3 weeks later? If it makes a difference we don't do anything big, just cake, ice cream, and presents. And its usually just me, my kids, my SO, my mom, grandma, uncle, his go, his daughter, my sister, her husband, and her 3 kids, and my dad. And we usually go to my moms since its bigger so I won't have to worry about cleaning!

February 18th, 2013, 12:12 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Thats a tough one. I would do it before. That way all the attention is on him. A new baby is so exciting and everyone will want to meet and hold the new baby that Id be afraid of taking the light of him for his birthday.
JessKeller24 likes this.
February 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have NOOOOOOO idea! This baby is due 6 days before my step son's birthday so we're in the same situation
JessKeller24 likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 18th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree. I don't have kids yet, but I think it makes sense to do it a few weeks before so he feels like it's just another normal birthday. If you have a week old baby or even a 2-3 week old with you and you kinda feel icky from recovering from surgery, it might be more about you and the baby, like a second babyshower with baby there rather than his birthday. Though it depends on your youngest's personality too. I don't know if he would mind or notice. hehe
JessKeller24 likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 12:35 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tough! Kids don't like waiting for their presents! for me, if we were having a party (like going somewhere or inviting lots of people), I'd wait until the baby was 2-3 weeks old (before I'd be too pregnant for that. at least after I could get help with the baby and focus on the birthday boy!). I wouldn't do it right after surgery, though! But since you do something so small, maybe do it a little early? Then save 1 special present to give him on his actual birthday?
February 18th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Mommy of 3
I think I'd do it early as well

February 18th, 2013, 01:00 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think a little celebration early would be good and then just do something special with you guys on his actual birthday.

February 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM
BabyFever23's Avatar Proud mama & Wife
This baby is due on MY birthday. I planned on going clubbing the same day lololol jk. I would do it before the baby comes. Your barely gonna be able to move after the c section

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 18th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Veteran
I'd go with pre-baby personally. Those early weeks with a newborn are a lot harder for me than the last weeks of pregnancy.
February 18th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I think it depends on what you normally do. If you typically have the family party at your mom's house on the day of (or weekend following) I'd probably continue the tradition. If you were planning a big bash with friends etc, I'd wait and do it after you've had more time to recover.

My dd3 was born 9 days before dd2's 2nd birthday. My MIL drove me NUTS trying to push me to have her party early--good thing we didn't, the day she wanted was the day after dd3 was born, I was still at the hospital!

We always do a very small party, just our immediate family and invite the grandparents and godparents. I don't think there's ever been more than 9 people. I make the kids' favorite food, a cake and open presents. That's it, but it's ALWAYS been ON their birthday. So, we did it that year at home on her birthday, as usual. Yes, I was tired, and yes, people were interested in the newborn, but they were also really interested in the birthday girl and she had all those presents to open and I wore the baby so no one was really passing her around (I thought she was too little to be handled like that so early) and it worked out fine. But, I didn't have a c-section and I haven't had one, so I don't know how you'll be getting around a week later.

I still say if you think you'll be up for going and you usually do it day-of-birthday, I'd plan his party at your mom's house on his birthday and ask the relatives to bring the cake and food so you don't have to worry about a thing and he still gets the day he expects.

I'm sure it will work out, no matter exactly when you decide to do it.
UrbanMomma likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 02:29 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. I think I'll do it two weeks early so a week before baby comes. And if I go early I'll just have my mom call/email people that it'll be the Saturday after his birthday like we normally do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search