Name Check!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love love love Alice Persephone! Such a pretty name. DH really likes Alice and we talked about it a bit, but didn't like how it sounded with our set middle name.

Now that we found out it's a boy, he is named Kieran Todd. We've had it picked out pretty much from the beginning. It was either going to be Kieran Todd or Killian Todd, though we had picked out a few other options that we discussed. Either way, "Todd" was set in stone because it's my dad's middle name and DH wanted family middle names.

February 18th, 2013, 06:41 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep. Elliot Alexander. I had a girl name, too.. but dont need it.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
February 18th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Boy will be Kohen Judson Grant
Girl will be Jaspyr Khrymsun Sutton Bay Odette

Anybody who doesn't like my names can shove it. I really don't care at this point. I heard a lot of opinions with DS's name. Then I got A LOT of flack for DD's name. One thing about me is I love different names, odd spellings, and there has to be at least one name in there with a K.
Beachbabies and mrskfet like this.
February 18th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Everyone on Earth by now must know that little miss is named Finley Dawn lol. I love saying her name

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 18th, 2013, 08:17 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are PRETTY sure it's a boy and his name is Maximilian (Max) . Not sure on middle name yet.

February 18th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Right now we are thinking Mikah Ryan
Hesperleigh likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 06:07 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
If its a girl, Liliana Elise. If its a boy, the poor child may just go nameless lol we can NOT find a boy name (that we both agree sounds good with our last name) to save our lives. Last name is Fetterman btw so if anybody want to toss some ideas out there for us, please do
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 19th, 2013, 06:16 AM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a girl name set in stone that we both ADORE but we are back and forth on boys. We have two that we really really like, but not sure how to pick!

We are going to announce the name when we announce the gender if it's a girl because nothing in the world will change our name! If it's a boy, we might wait on the name until it's decided for sure!

February 19th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
Names are so hard.
We are thinking about Eliah or Elijah for our boy. It's pronounced totally different in our country than the states. We say it like "deli" without the "d" and with a norwegian "a" which sounds more like the "a" you guys have in spA. The j will be silent if we choose to use that version. But I don't know if we'll land on this yet.

My son is named Linus which also is not pronounced at all like in the states. I should attached a sound file to this post or something. Haha.
PhD_Bound_Mommy likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian mom View Post
Names are so hard.
We are thinking about Eliah or Elijah for our boy. It's pronounced totally different in our country than the states. We say it like "deli" without the "d" and with a norwegian "a" which sounds more like the "a" you guys have in spA. The j will be silent if we choose to use that version. But I don't know if we'll land on this yet.

My son is named Linus which also is not pronounced at all like in the states. I should attached a sound file to this post or something. Haha.
IM trying to say it but think IM butchering it.

Is it ee Lee ah?
February 19th, 2013, 07:52 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the girl name picked out but the boy name we're still working on it.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

February 19th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskfet View Post
If its a girl, Liliana Elise. If its a boy, the poor child may just go nameless lol we can NOT find a boy name (that we both agree sounds good with our last name) to save our lives. Last name is Fetterman btw so if anybody want to toss some ideas out there for us, please do
What kinds of names do you all like? More old fashioned, eclectic?
February 19th, 2013, 01:59 PM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhD_Bound_Mommy View Post
What kinds of names do you all like? More old fashioned, eclectic?
This is where I think DH and I differ lol I like names that are somewhat unique, whether it be in the spelling or the name itself. Nothing too popular yet still known, not crazy about super old fashioned names (my mom suggested Obadiah and Ezekial ), and I still dont know if I like anything that ends with an -en sound :/ I have no idea what Kev likes, he never seems too interested in figuring out a name
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 19th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
Girl will be Bailey Anne, boy will be Blake Michael
February 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Veteran
My husband had our boy name picked right after we got married, and happened to tell his family wihout asking me what i thouht of the name. Almost a year before we started trying. Thankfully it was on my top list. Lol.
Thankfully we agree on a girls name. Just need a middle name to go with it.
Keepin it safe until i know what team we are on. Lol.
February 19th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskfet View Post
This is where I think DH and I differ lol I like names that are somewhat unique, whether it be in the spelling or the name itself. Nothing too popular yet still known, not crazy about super old fashioned names (my mom suggested Obadiah and Ezekial ), and I still dont know if I like anything that ends with an -en sound :/ I have no idea what Kev likes, he never seems too interested in figuring out a name
Jace/Jayce

Kyzer/Kiser

Tanner

Andrew

Matthew

Daniel

Hunter

Zander

Lucas/Luke

Tyler

Just some ideas.
February 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't even discussed names yet, and won't until after my gender scan (3/29!!!). That being said we have had a girl name picked out for almost 10yrs - Patricia Grace. Patricia (a.k.a. Patti) is after DH's mom who was killed when he was 12 so it's set in stone. Grace is out. I like the name, but it is soooo overused these days. I just can't do it. Whatever gender we get and whatever the first name ends up being i will INSIST that the middle name be a name from my side of the family. Both of our boys are named after DH's family (and if this is a girl he'll have 3 for 3), and since this will be our last child it's my last chance to squeeze my family in there.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

February 19th, 2013, 05:27 PM
We find out gender this sat. And we are 99.9% sure if she's a girl Elena (eh-lay-na) Rose and if he's a boy, Brody James <3 hope you guys like!!! <3 can't wait to find out
PhD_Bound_Mommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search