GTKY Pregnancy/Birth Questions

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know it's been asked before, but there are so many new people now, I thought I'd ask again.

When is your due date/how many weeks are you?
What number baby is this for you?
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby?
If you were trying, for how long?
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet?
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)?
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far?
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth?
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience?
Random fact about your pregnancy?

When is your due date/how many weeks are you? August 15th. I am 14 weeks 4 days.
What number baby is this for you? This is our first baby.
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? Trying.
If you were trying, for how long? Since October 2011 (with a 2 months break in the middle).
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? TEAM BLUE! Go little Kieran!
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? The ultrasound tech said I was carrying very low.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Pretty much any melon. Yum! So far nothing too crazy. It's mostly veggies and fruit.
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Home birth, though honestly, sometimes it scares me a little. Possibilities of something going wrong etc.
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? None.
Random fact about your pregnancy? I've had almost no symptoms the whole 14 weeks!
Momma2Chase likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? aUGUST 25. 13.1
What number baby is this for you?3
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby?Surprise
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet?No sway one gender over the other.
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)?Baby is way down in my pelvic bone still. I can suck in my belly and not have one still.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far?All I crave is steak and red meat. Craziest craving was girl scout cookies and tomato juice
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth?Hospital all the way
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience?Both previous births were in the hospital. Both had their good and bad points to it. The second one my mom got to be there for the birth which was amazing for her since she's non-ambulatory and can't walk. With my son she was on the phone for the whole thing.
February 18th, 2013, 06:00 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? Aug 8 15w4d
What number baby is this for you? 4
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? Surprise
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? Don't know yet
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? I believe pretty high, I've felt movement near my belly button and can feel my uterus up pretty high
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Strawberries, grapes, cheesy things, sour thing. Craziest would be sushi, because I've never had sushi and have no idea what it tastes like
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Hospital, 4th csection, I wouldn't complain though if I went into labor and didn't make it to the hospital
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? All csections. 2 emergencies, planned one was def the best
Random fact about your pregnancy? Mommys intuition tells me twins and I'll be very surprised on Monday if the ultrasound only shows one!

February 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? Only 12 weeks
What number baby is this for you? #2
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? We were trying
If you were trying, for how long? We got pregnant the first time around.
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? We dont know yet.
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? I have no idea.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Roman noodles.
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Hospital birth. HOPEFULLY a VBAC
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? I had a very controlled hospital birth. Started out as an induction that ended in C-section.
Random fact about your pregnancy? Its contagious! LOL We just found out my brothers girl friend is pregnant as well!
February 18th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Love GTKY threads!

When is your due date/how many weeks are you? Due 8/13, am 14w6d today
What number baby is this for you? This is my 2nd baby (4th pregnancy though), but my husband and my first child together, and #4 total (we both of custody of our other children- my son, his son and daughter)
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? A little bit of both!
If you were trying, for how long? Not long- he came home from deployment and I got pregnant about a week and a half later!
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet?PINK!
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? I'm not too sure- my stomach feels high but baby is pretty low I think
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Sweets, sweets, and more sweets!
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Hospital birth but I'd prefer a birthing center
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? I have only experienced hospital birth- it was an overall good experience
Random fact about your pregnancy? This is our post-vasectomy reversal baby

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 18th, 2013, 06:23 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? August 2nd / 16 weeks 3 days
What number baby is this for you? 1
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? BIG Surprise
If you were trying, for how long? I tried for a year and a half with my ex with no luck.. one time this time and I am preggo.. not trying
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? Team Blue
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? Last ultrasound said lower.. but not sure if it was due to tilted uterus
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? I've been craving green vegetables and fruit with the occasional well done burger.
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Hospital with birthing center suites
Random fact about your pregnancy?I can not stomach fried food this pregnancy.. anything too greasy I cant eat.. Definitely not going to complain.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
February 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? Aug 14th almost 15 weeks
What number baby is this for you? 2
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? Trying
If you were trying, for how long? 3 cycles
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? Lower I think
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Mexican and sushi...craziest is milk since I don't like it normally
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Hospital
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? I hope this will be the best. DD was born premature due to complications. Looking forward to a full-term healthy pregnancy and baby.
Random fact about your pregnancy? I feel awesome compared to the first time. I seriously think I could start running if I wanted to. But not eating very much so I probably shouldn't.

February 18th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? August 30 - 12w 3 days
What number baby is this for you? Baby 3 - pregnancy 5
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? part trying/part surprise
If you were trying, for how long? 20 months
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? don't know yet
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? Not sure, seems to be in the general normal area
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? I crave EVERYTHING LOL!!
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? 2 prior births, neither was the best they were both good experiences
i'm 12 w 3 d, I've had 7 dr appts in the last 8 weeks including an 6 hour ER trip last week.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

February 18th, 2013, 07:31 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? August 25th, I'm 13.1 weeks
What number baby is this for you? Technically baby #9, but hopefully bringing home baby #5.
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? well trying, but really surprised, long story but long history of infertility and JUST had a miscarriage in November.
If you were trying, for how long? got pregnant 16 days after my miscarriage at 7 weeks and 1 day.
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? don't know yet.
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? low I guess, I've carried all of my babies low.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? lobster, nothing too crazy.
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? hospital, but would love a home birth or even a birth center, but not an option here and with it being #5, can't drive the 5 hours for the nearest birthing center.
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? I loved my labors with all of them, #1 even though I was induced, I felt so empowered that I DID it! #2 I was so numb I couldn't feel anything and hated it but I pushed once and his head was out and then a half a push and his body was out. Easy delivery, recovery from the epdiural was horrendous. #3 was scary because he was early, but it was a good experience, aside from them not communicating or letting me leave the bed. #4 was awesome (med free), got to labor and push in the position I wanted and no pain until right before I started pushing, but then the placenta abrupted right before he was born and he was purple and not breathing and the clots I had were outrageous in size. VERY scary. I was thankful I switched doctors and hospitals at 28 weeks and that I didn't drive the 85+ miles to the bigger hospital otherwise I wouldn't have known I was in labor until it was too late (when it hurt, he was born 15-20 mins later) and we wouldn't have made it to the hospital. I possibly could have lost him or died myself with how much blood I lost..
Random fact about your pregnancy? I found out I was pregnant with this baby on my birthday!

February 18th, 2013, 08:25 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? August 27th, 13 weeks in a few minutes.
What number baby is this for you? Fourth baby, fifth pregnancy (late first tri loss).
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? Complete surprise.

Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? Don't know yet!
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? Eh, I can't really tell.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Pregnant or not, I crave all kinds of things!
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Home birth.
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? This will be my first homebirth after two epidural hospital births and one natural hospital birth. The natural birth was the best by far!
Random fact about your pregnancy? My baby was conceived during some really, um, really crazy kinky DTD that really was not supposed to end in pregnancy lol. DH and I had not seen each other for four days and we were excited.
Husher and Allie_SMg like this.

February 18th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That random fact made me crack up, Emanresu! At least you had fun making the baby.

February 18th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Blessed with twins
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? ]August 8th, 15 weeks
What number baby is this for you? 3
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? ]surprise!
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? hoping for pink!! dont know yet[
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)?[lower I think
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Ice creams and fish.
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? hospital birth[
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? I had a c-section
Random fact about your pregnancy?"]very different from my first. This time FIL is not involved.

Thank you so much Kiliki for my lovely siggy!

February 18th, 2013, 09:46 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? August 10th / 15 weeks 2 days
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? Trying
If you were trying, for how long? One month before we got pregnant but we lost that pregnancy. We got pregnant with a sticky bean the very next cycle :-)
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? Team PINK!
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? Right now I am not really either or.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? I have no had many cravings, mostly fruit and veggies though. Nothing super crazy yet!
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? One hospital birth, a scheduled c-section. I have a heart condition that started giving me alot of issues, my heart nearly stopped at 36 weeks which pushed my cardiologist to say it would not be safe for myself to labor nautrally. This time around we are inbetween VBAC and RCS. I am not being "forced" to a RCS but am trying to be reasonable to the fact that those incidents with my heart are totally random with no warning and could potentially endanger our lives more than necessary.
Random fact about your pregnancy? Hmmmm, this pregnancy has made me SO emotional. I am a raging lunatic sometimes!

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

February 18th, 2013, 10:03 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? august 13 exactly 15 weeks
What number baby is this for you? second
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? we were trying First pregnancy that was planned lol
If you were trying, for how long? one weeks? (we started trying November 10 I found out I was pregnant December 1
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? don't know yet but MAN I cannot wait..
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)?
Idk.. belly is rounding nicely but I think low
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? I have been craving margaritas..:/ but I will just have to wait another 6 months lol .. craziest was contemplating eating fish especially since that is something I hate!
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Home birth
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? I had a home birth that transferred to the hospital for none emergency reasons but we had such a bad experience at the hospital that I left while I was in labor and had the baby at home. (long story lol)
Random fact about your pregnancy? I feel like my belly gets bigger and smaller depending on the day

February 18th, 2013, 11:15 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? Aug. 25th 13 weeks 2 days!
What number baby is this for you? first baby
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? trying
If you were trying, for how long? a little over a yer
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? IDK yet
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? not sure
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? chili cheese pups and hamburger casserole
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Would love a birth Center but I will deliver in a hospital
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience?
Random fact about your pregnancy? My due date is my MIL birthday

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

February 19th, 2013, 04:45 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? Aug. 9th, 15w 4d
What number baby is this for you? number 1
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? Big surprise lol
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? Hoping for team pink but dont know yet
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? definitely low
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? I crave alot of things but my biggest craving is cheetos puffs. Nothing too crazy yet!
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? havent experienced any yet
Random fact about your pregnancy? I thought I had the stomach flu at Thanksgiving because of how nauseous I felt, turns out there was a bun in my oven
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 19th, 2013, 07:10 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? August 17th. 14w3d
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? We were trying for this one
If you were trying, for how long? Only about 2 months
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? Not sure on baby location but carrying all around.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Fruits, Veggies and Chocolate!
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? I've had a hospital birth before. Had a c-section
Random fact about your pregnancy? I don't really have one lol
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

February 19th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? August 14th/nearly 15 weeks
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? trying
If you were trying, for how long? it wasn't so much of trying, but more like one try and voila!
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? Don't know yet but can't wait to find out.
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? I think low.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Right now I would love some chicken gnochi soup from Olive garden. Craziest craving was mesquite bbq chips with swiss cheese melted on them - delicious.
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? hospital
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience?one hospital birth, c-section as my daughter was a breechie.
Random fact about your pregnancy? I have never been so sick in my life as I have been with this pregnancy. I thought I was dying at one point I just got so bad - it has been helltastic.

February 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? 13 weeks, EDD August 26th
What number baby is this for you?
3rd
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby?
Is it possible to say a little of both?
We weren't necessarily trying, but had been talking about it for over a year. We were happy the decision was made for us.
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet?
Don't know yet.
Not really sure, but I keep telling myself I'm carrying higher this time.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far?
No real cravings at the moment, but I had a serious cheesy egg craving for a few weeks.
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth?
Birth center.
I've had a hospital birth induced with pitocin, and a birth center water birth with no interventions. The water birth was AMAZING.
Nothing I can think of just yet.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 19th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Super Mommy
When is your due date/how many weeks are you? August 25, 13 w 2 d!!!
What number baby is this for you? Numbers 2 & 3.
Were you trying or is this a surprise baby? TRYING!
If you were trying, for how long? Almost 2 years (I have PCOS, hypothyroidism)
Are you team pink, blue, green, or don't know yet? Don't know, but hoping one pink one blue.
Are you carrying higher or lower (based on baby location in ultrasounds and general appearance)? I feel like I'm carrying a lot higher this time.
What are you craving currently and what has been your craziest craving so far? Mostly strawberries and BBQ potato chips. (Not together. Lol)
Are you planning a home birth, birth center, or hospital birth? Hospital for sure with these 2.
How many of the above births have you experienced before and which was the best experience? One hospital delivery. It was WONDERFUL. Our local hospital is awesome with labor and delivery.
Random fact about your pregnancy? I was pretty sure I had no chance of getting pregnant that cycle, because I had taken my Clomid a little unconventionally and didn't think it had worked...lo and behold, twins.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search